Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2016, 12:04 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,300,350 times

Advertisements

He wasn't going to win after breaking, but he could have continued if not for Larsen be indecisive getting around him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 05:34 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,418,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Seems like NASCAR is hoping for things to clear up. Just let the kid win for heavens sake!!
Time to put on the rain tires and watch some interesting racing.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:04 AM

7,305 posts, read 28,228,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I can't even watch NBCs coverage. They are awful. But then rain had me move on to other things. Nascar needed to pull the plug faster Sat.
Too bad the race wasn't this coming weekend like it usually is. Sunshine and low to mid 90's forecasted. The forecast for this Saturday at BMS is sunny and 93°. I guess that would have been miserable though for most everyone though being that hot.

I live in Bristol, about 5 miles from the track and for some odd reason the weather loves to throw a wrench in when the race comes. It was sunny and very hot most of the summer and was the week of the race until about Thursday other than some scattered storms, then it was nothing but rain most of Thursday-Sunday... race over Sunday night and since then has been nothing but sunny and dry, lol. That is good though as they are getting the track ready for a big football game. They wasted no time getting the race stuff out of there Sunday night.

I feel bad for the people that paid all of that money and had to leave Sunday morning before the race was finished. I seen a lot of people leaving out of here Sunday because even Sunday was a rainy day and didn't get the race in until late.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:37 AM

935 posts, read 1,649,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Too bad the race wasn't this coming weekend like it usually is.
Traditionally, LaborDay weekend is Southern500 at Darlington.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:37 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Starting to wonder if Dale Jr will return at all this season. He's out until at least Richmond now.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
After watching a blurb from him the other day I don't think he'll be back this season or ever (as a driver) for that matter.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:25 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,228,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
Yep, will probably be blazing hot down there. Hopefully not as rainy last week as was in Bristol.

Now the forecast for this Saturday in Bristol is blazing sunshine and 95°. lol. I guess that would be miserable as well, but could have at least got the race in, lol.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:31 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
After watching a blurb from him the other day I don't think he'll be back this season or ever (as a driver) for that matter.
One thing is for sure, he doesnt need to! I do see him coming back, either as an owner or part timer, but I think hes done full time driving. In the back of my mind though, I wonder how much of it is the doctors and how much of it is him. Ive seen a lot of disappointment in his eyes the last couple of years since LeTarte left.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:32 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
Thats not this coming weekend.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
One thing is for sure, he doesnt need to! I do see him coming back, either as an owner or part timer, but I think hes done full time driving. In the back of my mind though, I wonder how much of it is the doctors and how much of it is him. Ive seen a lot of disappointment in his eyes the last couple of years since LeTarte left.
I think many things are coming into play, one of which could be his fiancé and the idea of family, living long enough and being healthy enough to enjoy them. His current health issues could just have pushed the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing