Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 04:31 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times

Advertisements

I think Stewart Haas should buy out Danica's contract and put Biffle in that car. She is never going to win no matter who's car she is driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 05:31 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i think biffle will end up with a ride, probably either at hendrick or rcr. he might also end up at a team like furniture row where they are wanting to expand operations, and need someone to help get the team going for the first few years, before being replaced by a younger driver.

for instance, since furniture row racing is aligned with jgr, and since suarez won the xfinity championship, and since there is no opening for suarez in cup right now, furniture row might set up a second team, good for them, put biffle in the car for a couple of seasons, then when jgr is ready, bring suarez up to cup in an established team that is aligned with jgr. a good situation for all.
Good plan, but Eric Jones is driving for FR next year in a second car.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:34 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,583,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i think biffle will end up with a ride, probably either at hendrick or rcr. he might also end up at a team like furniture row where they are wanting to expand operations, and need someone to help get the team going for the first few years, before being replaced by a younger driver.

for instance, since furniture row racing is aligned with jgr, and since suarez won the xfinity championship, and since there is no opening for suarez in cup right now, furniture row might set up a second team, good for them, put biffle in the car for a couple of seasons, then when jgr is ready, bring suarez up to cup in an established team that is aligned with jgr. a good situation for all.
They're already opening up a second team with Erik Jones.

^Beat me to it.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I think Stewart Haas should buy out Danica's contract and put Biffle in that car. She is never going to win no matter who's car she is driving.
That would be nice, but she brings in the cash. Maybe Ricky will get her pregnant and she can have that as an excuse to retire.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:15 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
That would be nice, but she brings in the cash. Maybe Ricky will get her pregnant and she can have that as an excuse to retire.
You mean get Ricky pregnant? She had one thing he doesn't- notoriety. He is as bad as she is as far as results and trends point his team may not exist in the not to distant future.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You mean get Ricky pregnant? She had one thing he doesn't- notoriety. He is as bad as she is as far as results and trends point his team may not exist in the not to distant future.
You may be right about notoriety, but he is absolutely a better driver than her. He actually puts the car up front on the rare weekends when Roush isn't completely out to lunch. Danica is in the back regardless of how her teammates do on a given weekend.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:55 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,996,593 times
Quote:
Great idea !

Old 11-23-2016, 05:59 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
I was told on this forum that the reason Roush wasn't winning was because of lousy drivers. That has been disproven with the success of Kenseth and Edwards now at Toyota.

I give Biffle credit for loyalty with Roush for so many years but as you pointed out his chance at age 47 of getting a good ride are long gone.
Roush ISN'T winning because they don't have good drivers. Not top-tier drivers. AND they don't have good cars. They WERE winning, small numbers of races at the end, when they had top tier drivers, but you could see the slide starting in the last few years of Edwards and Kenseth. Biffle is a lower top tier. Even at his best. He's not a Johnson, a Harvick, Stewart, Martin, etc. He's a guy that wins 20-25 races in his career. Not 40+.

Quote:
He has a few years left, if he so chooses. I don't think he chooses.

From what I've read.. he's hanging it up. And that's something Jack Roush maybe needs to consider. He's old, he's survived 2 plane crashes.. Sell his stake to someone younger.

I've talked about how the ownership landscape will change drastically in the next 5-10 years.. There's a fair number of drivers coming up on the end, too.. Biffle I would have thought would hang out a little longer.. But there's a fair number of drivers creeping up on 47, which.. Seems to be about the average age that someone steps away.

Then we've got the people who may just find themselves out due to performance.. Anyone think Hendrick will keep Kasey Kahne around? Poor performance, not bringing sponsors.. What about Jamie McMurray?

I should add on here.. With the rules next year.. It's going to be interesting watching the Trucks and Xfinity series again.. So long as sponsors stick around. I worry that someone like Monster may sponsor a car for 10 races with Kyle, and no more. So, this may be a 'shoot yourself in the foot' type deal if the sponsors drop, or go to cup to be an Associate or something like that.

I do support the rules, tho. Listen, people have been 'Buschwhacking' for a long time.. But it was small numbers. It was Mark Martin running 10-15 races a year. Now, it's half the Cup field.

Last edited by Labonte18; 11-23-2016 at 06:12 PM..

Old 11-24-2016, 06:39 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Roush ISN'T winning because they don't have good drivers. Not top-tier drivers. AND they don't have good cars. They WERE winning, small numbers of races at the end, when they had top tier drivers, but you could see the slide starting in the last few years of Edwards and Kenseth. Biffle is a lower top tier. Even at his best. He's not a Johnson, a Harvick, Stewart, Martin, etc. He's a guy that wins 20-25 races in his career. Not 40+.

He has a few years left, if he so chooses. I don't think he chooses.

From what I've read.. he's hanging it up. And that's something Jack Roush maybe needs to consider. He's old, he's survived 2 plane crashes.. Sell his stake to someone younger.

I've talked about how the ownership landscape will change drastically in the next 5-10 years.. There's a fair number of drivers coming up on the end, too.. Biffle I would have thought would hang out a little longer.. But there's a fair number of drivers creeping up on 47, which.. Seems to be about the average age that someone steps away.

Then we've got the people who may just find themselves out due to performance.. Anyone think Hendrick will keep Kasey Kahne around? Poor performance, not bringing sponsors.. What about Jamie McMurray?

I should add on here.. With the rules next year.. It's going to be interesting watching the Trucks and Xfinity series again.. So long as sponsors stick around. I worry that someone like Monster may sponsor a car for 10 races with Kyle, and no more. So, this may be a 'shoot yourself in the foot' type deal if the sponsors drop, or go to cup to be an Associate or something like that.

I do support the rules, tho. Listen, people have been 'Buschwhacking' for a long time.. But it was small numbers. It was Mark Martin running 10-15 races a year. Now, it's half the Cup field.

Nobody can be compared to JJ or Gordon as they are anomaly's in NASCAR. But at one time Biffle was certainly a top tier driver. Few drivers ever attain the winning percentage of JJ or Gordon so you can't use them as the standard.

You are correct that Jack Roush should leave the sport. At one time his cars were just as competitive with Biffle, Martin, Burton as drivers as any of the cars on track. But he is not a good leader and his engineering skills have been surpassed by today's younger more imaginative engineers.
I also believe that Jack Roush thinks you should be able to be competitive by fallowing the rules completely
without any rule bending. Rick Hendrick, Joe Gibbs, Stuart Haas, Penske have proved him wrong in that area.
Remember Jack fired Todd Parrott for rule bending.
Roush Racing will never be competitive as long as Jack is still in charge.

Last edited by PDD; 11-24-2016 at 06:48 AM..

Old 11-24-2016, 09:23 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
there was a time when rousch was very creative with the rules, while not breaking them. back when he ran pro stock in the early 70s with wayne gapp, they ran a four door maverick due ot the longer wheelbase, and they were successful enough to force the NHRA to change the rules to require two door cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing