Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2016, 10:32 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Vickers is a good choice skills wise. Just hope he doesn't have a medical issue while on track.Of course Tony has caused the big one without any medical issues.
His medical issues aren't that he is loopy when driving.. It's that he's on blood thinners. If he were injured in an accident, he could bleed out.. That's why they won't let him compete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 08:10 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Rules changes for 2016 (accidentally posted in wrong thread)

Floating Overtime Line:

Quote:
For all three NASCAR national series, a race may be concluded with overtime, consisting of a new procedure for a green-white-checkered flag finish featuring an "overtime line." The location of the overtime line will vary by track.

After taking the green on the overtime restart, if the leader then passes the overtime line on the first lap under green before a caution comes out (a "clean restart"), it will be considered a valid green-white-checkered attempt. However, if a caution comes out before the leader passes the overtime line on the first lap under green, it will not be considered a valid attempt, and a subsequent attempt will be made. If necessary, multiple subsequent attempts will be made until a valid attempt occurs.

Once a valid attempt is achieved (clean restart), it will become the only attempt at a green-white-checkered finish. If a caution comes out at any time during the valid green-white-checkered attempt, the field will be frozen and the checkered/yellow or checkered/red displayed to cars at the finish line.
'Overtime line' part of tweaked G-W-C procedure | NASCAR.com

What do y'all think?

Old 02-12-2016, 08:49 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,583,698 times
I think it makes no sense. Apparently the drivers came up with this. What are they thinking?

Old 02-12-2016, 09:00 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Unless the Overtime line is 3/4 of the way around the track, i think this is a bad idea.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:19 AM

It would be fine if they kept it at 3 attempts.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:23 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
i have mixed feelings on this. deciding what is a valid attempt at a green white checker, and an invalid attempt is difficult sometimes, and having a set line where you can definitively say it was or wasnt is an idea, good or bad. i think the bad part is the floating location of that line, it should be the same for all tracks, say halfway through turn one.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:45 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
Meh, I'd get rid of the entire G/W/C system. If the race ends under yellow it ends under yellow. All this contrived this and that isn't worth the trouble it introduces. Didn't think they could make the current system more convoluted but they managed!

Old 02-12-2016, 03:59 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Car is not eligible. Drivers are eligible. Stenhouse gets in to fill out the field.

Casey Mears takes Jeff Gordon's spot since he won't be driving.

Since Stewart will not be driving, then it goes to Stenhouse based on points.

Now.. An interesting thing.. Stewart COULD choose to put Gilliland in the car, which would kick Stenhouse back out and put Gilliland in.

Since Gilliland is a former 500 pole winner, he's eligible over Stenhouse.
So I'm sitting here watching practice now, for the Unlimited. What makes Vickers eligible? Hes out there in the 14 now. 7th fastest in first practice

Old 02-12-2016, 04:43 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
So I'm sitting here watching practice now, for the Unlimited. What makes Vickers eligible? Hes out there in the 14 now. 7th fastest in first practice
Last rule in the rule book.

NASCAR has the right to change rules.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Last rule in the rule book.

NASCAR has the right to change rules.
Yep. That's exactly what they did. They gave an exemption to the 14 car.

I call BS on it, but.. Whtacha gonna do?

Did they still let Stenhouse in? Yeah.. I see him on the practice sheet. Would have been worse if they had taken him out to let the 14 back in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing