Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 08:26 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,843,695 times

Advertisements

Yeah it doesn't matter anymore, they're all spec cars. Should be IROC - presented by nascar. Plus Ford's are made in Mexico and Toyota's in the US. The brands have no loyalty, why should consumers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 12:31 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,675,765 times
Look at the problem NASCAR is having with finding a replacement sponsor for Sprint.

We could end up watching the Purina Cat Chow Cup.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:52 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,084,101 times
Speaking just for my self, I began to loss interest when they changed to the chase. I wish a race could just be a race and at the end of the year ad up points and see who has more. I remember seeing a interview with Richard Petty and him saying that back in the day nobody paid any attention to the points till the last 2 or 3 races. The first race I ever went to was the one where Alan Kulwicky won in Phoenix and did the backwards victory lap. I believe it was the 2nd to last race that year and I have know idea who was fighting for a championship that year.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:01 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,509,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Look at the problem NASCAR is having with finding a replacement sponsor for Sprint.

We could end up watching the Purina Cat Chow Cup.
Funny, but it actually has a nice ring to it.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:15 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,509,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Do you see "Ford Guys" and "Chevy Guys" like you did back in the 70's and 80's and even the 90's?

Tony Stewart would be strung up by his heels in the old days. Are you going to see Harvick fans defect when he goes to Ford? I really don't get that feeling.
I haven't been to any races in several years so I can't answer that.
It wasn't unheard of for a driver to drive for different brands back then. Sr. drove for Bud Moore who fielded Fords, nobody cared when he went to RCR & Chevy.
Many of the older drivers preceding Sr. did as well, Petty is another example, Ernie Irvan moved from Chevy to Ford.
My personal feeling was I didn't care what my favorite driver was driving as long as he was winning.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:34 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,843,695 times
I have agree, I like the Purina CC Cup. lol

Old 11-02-2016, 11:02 AM

17,385 posts, read 14,931,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I have agree, I like the Purina CC Cup. lol
I'm still betting on Target. Ending sponsorship of Ganassi's Indy teams.. Saying they're 'expanding' their motorsports presence.. Keeping sponsorship on Larson..

Old 11-02-2016, 11:29 AM

8,874 posts, read 13,841,578 times
The way NASCAR abandoned its Southern roots, I guess we won't see a paper product company sponsoring the "Dixie Cup" series.

And as far as fans defecting from the sport, just wait till Jr. leaves. There will be tumbleweeds in the stands, worse than the current vacant stands.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:03 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,302,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
The way NASCAR abandoned its Southern roots, I guess we won't see a paper product company sponsoring the "Dixie Cup" series.

And as far as fans defecting from the sport, just wait till Jr. leaves. There will be tumbleweeds in the stands, worse than the current vacant stands.
As soon as Jr leaves those fans will jump on the Chase bandwagon. He will be Hendricks #1 driver just as soon as he gets a couple of wins.

Earnhardt passed the torch to Gordon who passed it to Johnson and next it will be Chase. (championship)

JR might be the fan favorite but he never held the torch.

Nice guy and good driver but not one of the greatest.

Old 11-02-2016, 03:44 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,675,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
As soon as Jr leaves those fans will jump on the Chase bandwagon. He will be Hendricks #1 driver just as soon as he gets a couple of wins.

Earnhardt passed the torch to Gordon who passed it to Johnson and next it will be Chase. (championship)

JR might be the fan favorite but he never held the torch.

Nice guy and good driver but not one of the greatest.
Agree with how you have it figured out. Just wish Jr. had won at least 1 championship. Know he is not the best but one title would have been nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing