Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2017, 07:20 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,694,732 times

Advertisements

Especially, "Why start designing exhaust systems along with a rules package that set weight, bends, diameters and other nonsense because of the shrinking fan base."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 12:38 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
...........NASCAR is desperately trying to figure out what to do with the very large elephant in the room.......dwindling fans.
:
bring back brand recognition .. i only watch if a ford is in contention ..i bleed ford blue .. i`ll watch truck pulling..i`ll watch tractor pulling. i`ll watch lawn mower racing as long as a ford is running ..i dont follow drag racing anymore as pro stock is 14 camaros and 2 dodges .. plenty more folks will watch if their favorite brand is in the mix .. i dont care who the driver is .. put a carbon fiber body on the nascar cars .. let it represent any brand they wish ..all engines have to pass the same tech .. all cars have the same shape ..dont say carbon fiber bodies wont work cause funny car drivers run them over 300 mph .. if a car gets damaged in a wreck simply let them snap on a new body in the pits .. mercury might get back in .. dodge might get back in .. cadilac .. nissan .. who cares .. just bring your big wallets and your fans ...

Old 03-08-2017, 03:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
sory but mercury wont be back, they are a defunct brand now. however lincoln could get back in the game, maybe.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:52 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,885,270 times
Looks like New Hampshire's back to one race. Bruton's moving their fall date to Vegas.

Not really a fan of either track, but I really think if they're racing in Vegas in the fall they should just end the season there because a) the awards banquet is in Vegas and b) it's an infinitely better locale than ho-hum Homestead.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:20 PM

5,181 posts, read 6,136,412 times
Just business, which is all about the money. This should make up for the loss of revenue that the Monster Energy deal brought.

The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority will pay $17.5 million — $2.5 million a year for seven years — in a sponsorship agreement with the track. The Convention and Visitors Authority will pay a $1 million sponsorship fee for the spring race and $1 million sponsorship fee for the fall race. The Convention and Visitors Authority also will contribute $500,000 to a marketing fund.

The contract goes through 2024 and can be extended for three years at the same rate.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:56 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Looks like New Hampshire's back to one race. Bruton's moving their fall date to Vegas.

Not really a fan of either track, but I really think if they're racing in Vegas in the fall they should just end the season there because a) the awards banquet is in Vegas and b) it's an infinitely better locale than ho-hum Homestead.
I agree. Should also be a night race. Who wants to bake in the Las Vegas sun?

Old 03-12-2017, 04:53 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
WOW, Kyle (the whiner) just got schooled by Logano's crew. Decided he wanted to fight with Joey and ended up being led away with what looked to be a split open forehead.
Totally hard racing by both that turned out badly for poor Kyle and once again he decides to blame others...

Old 03-12-2017, 05:08 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
WOW, Kyle (the whiner) just got schooled by Logano's crew. Decided he wanted to fight with Joey and ended up being led away with what looked to be a split open forehead.
Totally hard racing by both that turned out badly for poor Kyle and once again he decides to blame others...
When he watches the video he'll calm down, he doesn't have the perspective of dozens of cameras and instant replay in his car.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:12 PM

5,181 posts, read 6,136,412 times
Pretty vanilla race, still not liking the need to strategize pitting, segments and tires to name a few. Stands looked full except lower levels.

Road courses will still continue to be my favorite......somewhat uneventful so far this season.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:45 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
I'm a Kyle fan, and that wasn't really Logano's fault (but glad he at least had somewhat of a punch to his face)...I kinda blame Brad on this one. He was losing power and stayed up high knowing he was in Kyle's racing line and was setting a pick for his teammate. The 22 stayed close to the 2 trying to keep Kyle behind Brad, but Shrubby came down and got into Joey, then Logano hit the apron and came up into the 18 spinning him out. The Penske drivers are both punks and hopefully Joey gets more than a slight graze to the face next time. NASCAR is probably pretty happy with all of this though, Kyle literally took one for the sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing