Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 09:03 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
I thought Jeff Burton would be a lot better but he is so monotone voice wise that he gets boring. Always liked him but expected more once he was an announcer.

Agree no 4 guys in a booth and Jeff needs to stay where he is. I just cannot stand to listen to Waltrip.
darryl or michael?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 09:42 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,693,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
darryl or michael?
DW in the booth is terrible.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:06 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,234 times
Quote:
I thought Jeff Burton would be a lot better but he is so monotone voice wise that he gets boring. Always liked him but expected more once he was an announcer.

Agree no 4 guys in a booth and Jeff needs to stay where he is. I just cannot stand to listen to Waltrip.
Yeah, I thought Burton would be better but he's not very good. He also gets nervous and fumbles a lot. I'd rather listen to Ward tbh.

I don't like listening to either Waltrip at this point. The boggity stuff needs to be retired. It was fine once, or one season, now it's it's annoying. I do think Gordon in the booth has helped a bit. DW has less time to talk. haha And more time to listen to guy that was just in these cars and knows a thing or three.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:39 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,581,784 times
Another pole for Larson!

Old 06-24-2017, 03:41 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,693,832 times
Default Carl Edwards Surfaces

Carl Edwards surfaces, doesn’t miss racing: ‘I’m enjoying life and it’s good’

By Jerry Bonkowski
NBC Sports
6/24/17

Cancel the APB, take his face off the milk cartons.

Carl Edwards has been found. The former NASCAR Cup star surfaced Saturday at Sonoma Raceway – representing a former sponsor at an event that had been previously scheduled.

Edwards is happy, hale and hearty.

Yet if you think that returning to a racetrack means Edwards will be getting behind the wheel of a race car once again, forget about it.

But he hasn’t lost his wicked sense of humor, either.

“I’ve been talking to a bunch of people and weighing my options — no, just kidding,” he said with a laugh, according to JeffGluck.com.

Then Edwards got serious.

“I haven’t talked to anyone and I haven’t even considered coming back,” Edwards said. “Not right now.

“I think it’s pretty clear if I really want to do something, then I would do it. But like I said in January, I would talk to Coach (Joe Gibbs) first — and I haven’t had any conversations about that.”

Gluck noted that Edwards did write a thank-you note to Gibbs recently that reiterated the opportunity to drive for Joe Gibbs Racing and that the organization supported him when he decided to leave racing after last season.

Given that racing has been part of his life for more than half his life, it was interesting to hear Edwards, who turns 38 in August, say he hasn’t kept up much with NASCAR nor watched many races since he walked away from the sport.

But he is doing some good. He’s continuing to fly medical patients to treatment in his private plane.

Saturday was the first time Edwards has been at a racetrack since Atlanta Motor Speedway in early March.

He then added, per ESPN.com, “I’m probably happier and more content [than in March],” Edwards said. “You know how change is. You make a change, and there always is good and bad and there’s uneasiness. But, man, I’m enjoying life and it’s good.”

Old 06-24-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Carl Edwards surfaces, doesn’t miss racing: ‘I’m enjoying life and it’s good’

By Jerry Bonkowski
NBC Sports
6/24/17

Cancel the APB, take his face off the milk cartons.

Carl Edwards has been found. The former NASCAR Cup star surfaced Saturday at Sonoma Raceway – representing a former sponsor at an event that had been previously scheduled.

Edwards is happy, hale and hearty.

Yet if you think that returning to a racetrack means Edwards will be getting behind the wheel of a race car once again, forget about it.

But he hasn’t lost his wicked sense of humor, either.

“I’ve been talking to a bunch of people and weighing my options — no, just kidding,” he said with a laugh, according to JeffGluck.com.

Then Edwards got serious.

“I haven’t talked to anyone and I haven’t even considered coming back,” Edwards said. “Not right now.

“I think it’s pretty clear if I really want to do something, then I would do it. But like I said in January, I would talk to Coach (Joe Gibbs) first — and I haven’t had any conversations about that.”

Gluck noted that Edwards did write a thank-you note to Gibbs recently that reiterated the opportunity to drive for Joe Gibbs Racing and that the organization supported him when he decided to leave racing after last season.

Given that racing has been part of his life for more than half his life, it was interesting to hear Edwards, who turns 38 in August, say he hasn’t kept up much with NASCAR nor watched many races since he walked away from the sport.

But he is doing some good. He’s continuing to fly medical patients to treatment in his private plane.

Saturday was the first time Edwards has been at a racetrack since Atlanta Motor Speedway in early March.

He then added, per ESPN.com, “I’m probably happier and more content [than in March],” Edwards said. “You know how change is. You make a change, and there always is good and bad and there’s uneasiness. But, man, I’m enjoying life and it’s good.”
good for him, i wish him all the best life has to offer.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:21 PM

last week ta michigan, william byron came in a very close second to denny hamlin in the xfinity race. today at iowa speedway eh won is first xfinity race. nice job kid. and he has the talent to be one fo the next big stars of the sport.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Sadly Jimmie Johnson will be operating at a deficit this weekend due to the lawlessness that's taken over in San Francisco and a crew chief that should have know better.

Jimmie's crew chief was the victim of a break in to his car when he and his wife stopped for dinner at Fisherman's Warf, a crime that's gone unchecked and skyrocketed in that city over the last couple of years.
His laptop with all the practice notes and such was stolen. Thankfully all of the data was encrypted but still...

Old 06-25-2017, 11:16 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,993,683 times
Truck race last night......congrats to John Hunter Nemechek for winning two in a row ( I'm a Johnny Sauter fan, though )

However, when they interview John Hunter, does his dad ( Joe Nemechek )have to be tight by his side ?

John Hunter gave excellent interviews both times and it sure looked awkward to have his dad squeezing in hoping to get interviewed at the same time.

Memo to Joe...........He isn't a child ! Let him have his own camera time !

Old 06-25-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Sadly Jimmie Johnson will be operating at a deficit this weekend due to the lawlessness that's taken over in San Francisco and a crew chief that should have know better.

Jimmie's crew chief was the victim of a break in to his car when he and his wife stopped for dinner at Fisherman's Warf, a crime that's gone unchecked and skyrocketed in that city over the last couple of years.
His laptop with all the practice notes and such was stolen. Thankfully all of the data was encrypted but still...
i am betting there are back ups to the information on the laptop.

and hevin harvick wins today at sonoma. good run for him, and it knocks off a track on the list of ones he hasnt won at yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing