Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2018, 03:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

yep never count JJ out until he is really out. that team will get things figured out pretty soon, and start pushing forward, in fact they already have. i wouldnt be surprised if JJ wins at least two races before the chase starts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 08:02 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
Yeah, once can never count out the 48 and JJ. They are simply too good. I do wonder if JJ is thinking of retirement. What with Lowes leaving and most of his old racing partners/teammates retired already.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:54 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Yeah, once can never count out the 48 and JJ. They are simply too good. I do wonder if JJ is thinking of retirement. What with Lowes leaving and most of his old racing partners/teammates retired already.
I see 2020 as his last year.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:03 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I see 2020 as his last year.
I don't disagree. It could be next year, but I think he winds up doing a "Farewell Tour"

But.. He's the type I could also see driving until he's 50. That's another 8 years away. He strikes me as the Mark Martin type in that sense.

He's got nothing left to prove. But.. Not sure he has any other hobbies to go to that he'd rather be doing.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:01 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I don't disagree. It could be next year, but I think he winds up doing a "Farewell Tour"

But.. He's the type I could also see driving until he's 50. That's another 8 years away. He strikes me as the Mark Martin type in that sense.

He's got nothing left to prove. But.. Not sure he has any other hobbies to go to that he'd rather be doing.
Hes an avid bike rider.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:17 AM

Yeah JJ won't lack from things to do or money to do them. I don't really see him as the farewell tour kinda guy. Dunno, maybe he will.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Hes an avid bike rider.

So is Bobby Labonte.. But I think he'd still be driving cup part time if he could and is over in the Euro series as we discussed before.

Your Dale Jrs and Rusty Wallace types that get out of the car and that's it.. They're the exception.

Even Gordon who swore he wouldn't do it, did when Hendrick needed him. Though, I give him something of a pass on that.. He's not in the same Labonte, Martin, Elliott group that kept running and didn't really retire until they just stopped getting offers for rides.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
looks like nascar is buying up arca. perhaps a fourth series getting more time?

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...racing-series/

NASCAR agrees to acquire Temperance-based ARCA - The Blade

Old 04-27-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I agree, but also feel that Matt got screwed by being let go in the first place. Matt is still a competitive driver.

In 2017 he lead 461 laps, one win, and ten top 5's - finishing 7th in the Chase. That's pretty good in this day and age of NASCAR unless your name is Kyle Busch.

Bayne in 9 years has 1 win, and 5 top five's. Of course this is not an apple to apple comparison. Winning Daytona was just being in the right place at the right time. But the kid has talent, hope the best for him.
He's pissed. Rightly so, in my mind.

He didn't take any questions at Talladega, His statement was basically

Quote:
First of all, my health is 100 percent. I am as fit physically, mentally, spiritually as I've ever been to do my job well. And the second part, my desire is, as it has always been since I was 5 years old, to come to the race track and contend for wins, championships and be a driver at the top level in the Cup Series. Nothing in that has changed. I'm still going to pursue that because I feel like I've got the ability to do that.
And the fact he wasn't at the Kenseth press conference.. Rumor flying is that the only reason he's still in the ride at all is Advocare. They like him. He'll be in the car in races they sponsor, everything else.. Kenseth.

I'm not going to argue that Bayne hasn't lived up to potential.. Or say that Kenseth shouldn't have a ride.. But this is a bad situation.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:30 AM

It's a bad situation and being handled poorly, but Kenseth is better than Bayne. It's that simple. The team should just fire Bayne outright and let him go find another opportunity.

I thought nascar already owned ARCA! haha Learn something new everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing