Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 07:17 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

I have two MAJOR issues with the NASCAR coverage on FS1.

1) They have the sound of the race cars so damn low and the voices of the commentators way up. I have 8 Klipsch speakers cranking and don't get much from the race cars. I'd rather hear the cars, than the announcers.

2) What the heck is with that HUGE position scroll on the left hand side? Makes my 16x9 TV look like I am watching a race on a 4:3 TV back in the 1980's.

I hope this is just an issue with FS1 and won't be season long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 09:24 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
You have until June so learn to live with it! Ill watch today, and most likely will fall asleep. Then Ill find other things to keep me occupied until NBC takes over.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:40 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
I really dislike the idiotic "Grid Walk" shtick that Michael Waltrip does. He's annoying enough as it is. That segment makes him unwatchable.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:00 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
I really dislike anything that comes out of any Waldrips mouth. Both of them look about stupid, and act just as bad. Fox should dump those two losers, McReynolds too, hes a washed up joke who cant remember anything but Dale Earnhardts Daytona win. Want to know why the ratings have dropped, fans have grown tired of listening to these morons for half of the races.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:44 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
That deal on the left of the screen is horrible. Way to make all our brilliant HDTVs look like an 80s tube TV. Who thinks of this non-sense. Fox is just bad all the way around.

Old 02-18-2018, 05:29 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,027 times
I will be honest, after trying to watch today's coverage (Thank God for Olympics, at least the Biathlon coverage was good) I am truly glad Dale Jr. has retired. Now I won't feel guilty not watching the races. Next TV race I will watch will most likely be the 24 hours of Le Mans.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:31 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Angry Another issue!!!!

The race did not record. What the heck????

Old 02-18-2018, 06:47 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
That deal on the left of the screen is horrible. Way to make all our brilliant HDTVs look like an 80s tube TV. Who thinks of this non-sense. Fox is just bad all the way around.
at least its better than having the positions at the top of the screen, that when the company shoing the race decides to interrupt the standings with some stupid banner ad, and then restart the damned standings run all over again, just when you are getting to the driver you are following, so instead of seeing if they are moving up or down in the race, you have to wait for the scrolling to cycle back around to them, and chances are they will run another damned banner ad to ********* up again. at least this way you can see the top ten, and still follow the rest of the drivers easily enough.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:23 AM

731 posts, read 724,908 times
The state of Nascar is sad. 40 cars entered and 40 cars started and 15 of them would never have even qualified 20 years ago when 50-55 would try to qualify for the 43 car field. Unfortunately I'll watch only Daytona, Talladega, Martinsville and Loudon. The rest are just too boring. Bristol was ruined when they widened the straights a few years ago. The COT sucks. The only thing that will save the sport from extinction is what made it great. 'Let the Boys cheat!"

Old 02-20-2018, 08:37 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I really dislike anything that comes out of any Waldrips mouth. Both of them look about stupid, and act just as bad. Fox should dump those two losers, McReynolds too, hes a washed up joke who cant remember anything but Dale Earnhardts Daytona win. Want to know why the ratings have dropped, fans have grown tired of listening to these morons for half of the races.
This site lets you send a message to FOX Sports.

Contact Us | FOX Sports Supports

I sent this today.

Please consider removing Darrell Waltrip from your NASCAR racing coverage. He is not well respected and is contributing to the demise of the sport.
His brother Michael Waltrip is actually disrespected by many but is not annoying fans throughout the entire races like DW is with his silly corn ball statements while in the booth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing