Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 09:32 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
So who watched the Montreal GP this morning?

I trust BMW's getting the Thank You note off to McClaren Mercedes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 07:30 AM

318 posts, read 934,253 times
The Montreal GP was great things happening all over the place, what a **** up by Hamilton he should have breezed that race. Its good to see BMW not far behind McClaren and Ferrari in terms of speed now it makes it more competitive.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2theUS View Post
The Montreal GP was great things happening all over the place, what a **** up by Hamilton he should have breezed that race. Its good to see BMW not far behind McClaren and Ferrari in terms of speed now it makes it more competitive.

Absolutely! An entertaining race and somehow satisfying to see Kubica with the win after his horrendous crash last year.

I just wish we'd see HONDA and Toyota steo uo a bit more, no doubt they spent enough $$$$$, would be great to see five teams competitive.

And who would've picked a RedBull to be on the box

Old 06-09-2008, 10:06 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,814,763 times
definitely an atypical race yesterday... did hamilton just not notice the red light and stopped cars??? massa put up a strong performance, finishing in points despite having to pit an additional time because of a crew members mistake

Old 06-09-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Absolutely! An entertaining race and somehow satisfying to see Kubica with the win after his horrendous crash last year.

I just wish we'd see HONDA and Toyota steo uo a bit more, no doubt they spent enough $$$$$, would be great to see five teams competitive.

And who would've picked a RedBull to be on the box
Yea least year he nearly died and this year he won the race im glad for the guy he is a good driver if and when BMW get up there with the other 2 teams it will be very interesting I reckon BMW could be there soon enough.

Honda and Toyota are a bit way off arnt they and Williams are pulling away from them now so it will be interesting to see where these head.

I thought that the Red Bull would break down in the last few laps they dont have a great track record for reliability but at least they got some constructors points.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
definitely an atypical race yesterday... did hamilton just not notice the red light and stopped cars??? massa put up a strong performance, finishing in points despite having to pit an additional time because of a crew members mistake
He said he didn't notice the red light until it was too late but the McClaren team should have told him and he should have realised 2 cars were stationary in front of him but it all adds to experience.

Massa got shafted on the pits just like in Monaco he should have had enough fuel to get him to the end instead of making a 3rd pit and he could have chased down the Red Bull and maybe got a 3rd place Ferrari at times seem to make stupid strategies.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:

Massa got shafted on the pits just like in Monaco he should have had enough fuel to get him to the end instead of making a 3rd pit and he could have chased down the Red Bull and maybe got a 3rd place Ferrari at times seem to make stupid strategies.

Massa certainly has my vote for pass of the season!

Old 06-09-2008, 07:04 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,847,329 times
Quote:
He said he didn't notice the red light until it was too late but the McClaren team should have told him and he should have realised 2 cars were stationary in front of him but it all adds to experience.

I've heard that the Mclaren team DID tell Hamilton about the red light, which I thought was interesting considering that they bit the bullet for him last year in China when I thought he actually held most of the blame.

Did anyone else notice Nico Rosberg (or was it Kaz) into the back of Hamilton at the end of the pit as well?

Also, am I alone in thinking that Bob Kubica had a chance at that race even if Hamilton would not have rear ended Raikonnen?

Old 06-10-2008, 03:20 AM

Quote:
I've heard that the Mclaren team DID tell Hamilton about the red light, which I thought was interesting considering that they bit the bullet for him last year in China when I thought he actually held most of the blame.

Did anyone else notice Nico Rosberg (or was it Kaz) into the back of Hamilton at the end of the pit as well?

Also, am I alone in thinking that Bob Kubica had a chance at that race even if Hamilton would not have rear ended Raikonnen?
Well when Hamilton was asked after the incident and the race he said the team didn't tell him about the red light but took the full blame for the accident as he should have realised the red light especially when going 25mph.

Yea it was Rosberg that shunted Hamilton he seemed to be going even slower not sure how he managed that but at least he could continue.

IMO I don't think Kubica would have had a chance to take the race without the accident Hamilton was pulling away every lap before the safety car came out he was around 8 - 9 seconds ahead if I remember rightly also Raikonnen was closing down on Kubica he set the fastest lap of the race so I would have thought it would have been Hamilton with Kubica and Raikonnen battling it out.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Yes, I believe they've both been penalized 10 grid positions at the next GP.

Quote:

While they've no doubt made huge gains in their performance level this season it seems BMW/Sauber may still be just a few percentage ponts away from being serious challengers on every track in all conditions.

Given the between races development in F1 the rest of the season should be very interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing