Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2020, 04:36 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
And that reflects poorly on Bubba, NASCAR and everyone involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Every driver that had to push Bubba's car on Monday should put him in the wall at Pocono
What’s Bubba have to do with this? He didn’t even see the noose. A team member is the one who saw it and reported it to NASCAR and NASCAR turned it over to the FBI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 04:44 PM

634 posts, read 1,165,344 times
Deleted from my DVR. Goodbye NASCAR.

Old 06-23-2020, 04:46 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
What’s Bubba have to do with this? He didn’t even see the noose. A team member is the one who saw it and reported it to NASCAR and NASCAR turned it over to the FBI.

One would think before you tweet about a

"despicable act" which left him "incredibly saddened and serves as a painful reminder of how much further we have to go as a society and how persistent we must be in the fight against racism."

You'd.. You know.. Make sure it wasn't the garage door handle.

I'll throw Petty in on this, too.. Because he just jumped on board as well.

As I said before.. I leaned toward believing it.. But after the Jussie stuff.. You have to have that little bit of doubt in your mind. And, this means that the NEXT time something (reportedly) happens.. There'll be even more doubt..

Many people in the garage should be pissed. Because this reflected poorly on them. And many people won't remember that it wound up being the garage door handle. They'll just remember that everyone in NASCAR is racist and tried to run out the black driver.

Which.. Well.. Wendell Scott and his family I believe can still make that argument. Bubba Wallace cannot.

One other thing that his mother said.. Which I actually agree with, however, the timing now seems incredibly suspect..

Quote:
"Bubba [Wallace] is the only Black in NASCAR. And it’s a shame that he doesn’t have the sponsorship money and funds to be able to compete up front with these other drivers. You know, we’ve been trying to figure out, you know, what is really the problem. Why is it so hard for him to find sponsorships?…
Wouldn’t it be nice to have sponsorships on his car? Black enterprise businesses, black owned businesses. I mean any and everybody…my thing is: put your money where your mouth is. You know, sometimes people don’t realize, but Bubba doesn’t have a full season because lack of sponsorship dollars. So, now that this has come out, people, get behind him and support him with your pockets. We love the prayers, we appreciate the prayers, but we need money to back Bubba Wallace on his car. So he can compete and be up front and be a winner."

So.. Thanks for that, Momma Bubba.. Now you've got me thinking, at least a little bit, that this whole thing was a ploy for sponsorship. And I don't like the idea of that. I really hope that's not the case.. But, all of it together has me wondering, at least a little bit.

Old 06-23-2020, 05:08 PM

7,926 posts, read 9,150,257 times
So what position is "Door Pull" starting in at Pocono?

Old 06-23-2020, 05:46 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarbuilder View Post
Maybe we can go back to investigating first before reacting?
So suppressing general human compassion for someone who may have been in danger for simply standing up for right would be the proper move?

No suspensions were given, no fines were accessed. NASCAR looked into a potentially serious matter and found out no one needed to be severely punished. What’s the problem here?

Old 06-23-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
So suppressing general human compassion for someone who may have been in danger for simply standing up for right would be the proper move?

No suspensions were given, no fines were accessed. NASCAR looked into a potentially serious matter and found out no one needed to be severely punished. What’s the problem here?
Nascar unjustly cast blame on their employees implying they were racist. Everyone who follows the sport knows no one except crew members, officials, or security had access to that garage. By claiming there was a noose ( it wasn't, it was a garage door pull that did not even resemble a noose) and going on media shows complaining about it, Wallace and his team fueled the fire to blame other Nascar employees.

If they would have showed the rope from the start everyone would have known it was bs It was a slip knot, not a noose.

He and his team stabbed everyone in the back

Old 06-23-2020, 05:59 PM

416 posts, read 534,823 times
The verdict was in before we did an investigation. Remember the term "innocent before being proved guilty" ?

Old 06-23-2020, 06:12 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Bubba isn't the one who broke th estory NASCAR did. You have an issue, take it up with them.

To the clown stating the rest of the drivers should put Bubba in the wall, a simple glance at your post history shows what color sheet you wear.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:17 PM

No Bubba did not break the story, but he sure as **** ran with it to get his 15 minutes of fame before waiting to see what the result of the investigation would be.

He owes his fellow drivers and Nascar fans an apology for jumping to conclusions.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:41 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Nascar unjustly cast blame on their employees implying they were racist. Everyone who follows the sport knows no one except crew members, officials, or security had access to that garage. By claiming there was a noose ( it wasn't, it was a garage door pull that did not even resemble a noose) and going on media shows complaining about it, Wallace and his team fueled the fire to blame other Nascar employees.

If they would have showed the rope from the start everyone would have known it was bs It was a slip knot, not a noose.

He and his team stabbed everyone in the back
NASCAR never identified any suspected employees or anyone who could have did that act. They did not embarrass anyone on the way to reaching the ultimate conclusion. If anything, NASCAR actually gained a lot of goodwill from people outside the sport by taking this seriously and supporting Bubba, myself included. They are the only major American sport that is open for business right now so the pressure was on their reaction, which I will say til I’m blue in the face was the right one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing