U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-22-2020, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Amelia Island
3,646 posts, read 4,747,749 times
Reputation: 4152

Advertisements

With Wallace's future now settled, I believe there will shortly be an announcement on where Kyle Larson's future ride will be.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-22-2020, 02:11 PM
 
12,724 posts, read 10,186,274 times
Reputation: 16352
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I forgot about Jeff Green. I always liked him. Robby Gordon in the 7 , right? Jeff Burton in the 31.

Robby took over the 31 after Skinner was released, then when he left (Wore out his welcome) at Childress, he purchased the assets of the 7, which was technically the remnants of Alan Kulwicki's team (Via Geoff Bodine and Mattei) if I recall properly.


Had to look it up, but yes, it was the remains of AK Racing, I just left out that after Mattei, it was bought by Jim Smtih and Ultra Motorsports.

Last edited by Labonte18; 09-22-2020 at 02:21 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2020, 02:25 PM
 
9,161 posts, read 9,839,708 times
Reputation: 2690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Robby took over the 31 after Skinner was released, then when he left (Wore out his welcome) at Childress, he purchased the assets of the 7, which was technically the remnants of Alan Kulwicki's team (Via Geoff Bodine and Mattei) if I recall properly.


Had to look it up, but yes, it was the remains of AK Racing, I just left out that after Mattei, it was bought by Jim Smtih and Ultra Motorsports.
Ah , very good . Just remember Harvick and Robby never got along . Pretty good verbal battles on the radio.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2020, 03:33 PM
 
12,724 posts, read 10,186,274 times
Reputation: 16352
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Ah , very good . Just remember Harvick and Robby never got along . Pretty good verbal battles on the radio.

Noone got along/gets along with Robby. I seem to recall Stewart and him coming to near blows. The infamous "Michael Waltrip is a piece of *@$*" interview.. He cost Marcos Ambrose a win at the Canadian roadcourse. he was banned from Australia for a while.


Banned from Australia. Let that one sink in a bit.


Dakar rally has tossed him for cheating several times I believe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2020, 08:29 PM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
4,671 posts, read 2,968,300 times
Reputation: 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Banned from Australia. Let that one sink in a bit.
He told his side of the Aussie incident on the Dale Jr Download podcast. Whole different perspective. He did a burn out on a city street in one of his stadium super trucks. Which, by the way, is a cool show to go see. I saw them at COTA before the Indy race.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2020, 08:58 PM
 
12,724 posts, read 10,186,274 times
Reputation: 16352
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
He told his side of the Aussie incident on the Dale Jr Download podcast. Whole different perspective. He did a burn out on a city street in one of his stadium super trucks. Which, by the way, is a cool show to go see. I saw them at COTA before the Indy race.

Yeah, his perspective.


Jason Voorhees could probably make it sound like those camp counselors had it coming if given an unopposed forum.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2020, 09:22 PM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
4,671 posts, read 2,968,300 times
Reputation: 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Yeah, his perspective.


Jason Voorhees could probably make it sound like those camp counselors had it coming if given an unopposed forum.
He apologized, paid a fine, and was re-admitted. His side of the story is he was told it was OK, just like NASCAR does in Vegas.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2020, 07:56 AM
 
9,161 posts, read 9,839,708 times
Reputation: 2690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Noone got along/gets along with Robby. I seem to recall Stewart and him coming to near blows. The infamous "Michael Waltrip is a piece of *@$*" interview.. He cost Marcos Ambrose a win at the Canadian roadcourse. he was banned from Australia for a while.


Banned from Australia. Let that one sink in a bit.


Dakar rally has tossed him for cheating several times I believe.
Hahaha... classic example of why someone drives for themselves.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2020, 07:01 AM
 
Location: Upstate
6,918 posts, read 7,664,543 times
Reputation: 5708
Some 2021 Cup schedule leaks have come out.

Homestead will be moving to Week 2, following Daytona.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2020, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Rochester NY
1,817 posts, read 1,291,529 times
Reputation: 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Some 2021 Cup schedule leaks have come out.

Homestead will be moving to Week 2, following Daytona.
That would make for a nice Central/South Florida vacation, especially for us cold weather dwellers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top