U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2020, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
4,037 posts, read 3,225,975 times
Reputation: 4387

Advertisements

What a flustercluck!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2020, 04:32 PM
 
11,843 posts, read 9,234,902 times
Reputation: 15262
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
What a flustercluck!!

While it was.. I don't know what it was to see Erik Jones bring that pile of junk across the line first.. The racing itself was pretty bad.


Looks like Chevy is going to team up.. Ford is going to team up and Toyota will do what they can.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2020, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Upstate
6,529 posts, read 7,321,473 times
Reputation: 5318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
While it was.. I don't know what it was to see Erik Jones bring that pile of junk across the line first.. The racing itself was pretty bad.


Looks like Chevy is going to team up.. Ford is going to team up and Toyota will do what they can.
The Chevy's are going to have to find more speed. Ford and Toyota are very fast again this year.

Will anyone be able to stop JGR this year?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2020, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Rochester NY
1,759 posts, read 1,167,784 times
Reputation: 2903
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Will anyone be able to stop JGR this year?
The short answer is....no.

Last year Toyota had 19 wins, Ford 10, and Chevy 7. While I don't see Toyota getting that many wins this season, I still think they get 15+ wins. That being said, I'm pretty excited to see what Bell does in the #95 and how Jones does this season as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chevy do a little better this season but I still can't see them getting more wins than Ford and definitely not Toyota.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2020, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Rochester NY
1,759 posts, read 1,167,784 times
Reputation: 2903
Do you guys plan on watching the Duels (Thurs), Truck, Xfinity, and the 500 this weekend? I plan to watch all four. Depending on the track I usually watch all of the races, to include some of the practices and qualifying. Especially towards the beginning of the season when the weather is still crappy outside. Once the weather turns nice nicer I usually still try and watch the cup race at least, depending on what we got going on over the weekend. How about you guys? Do you watch as much as possible?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2020, 10:22 AM
 
33,415 posts, read 29,592,668 times
Reputation: 19928
i try to watch as many, and as much, of the races as i can.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2020, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Upstate
6,529 posts, read 7,321,473 times
Reputation: 5318
POTUS to be at Daytona 500 Sunday.

That will bring a lot of eyeballs to the Great American Race!!

43 was the last president to visit in 2004. Then Regan before that.

https://www.jayski.com/2020/02/12/pr...d-daytona-500/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2020, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
4,037 posts, read 3,225,975 times
Reputation: 4387
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Do you guys plan on watching the Duels (Thurs), Truck, Xfinity, and the 500 this weekend? I plan to watch all four. Depending on the track I usually watch all of the races, to include some of the practices and qualifying. Especially towards the beginning of the season when the weather is still crappy outside. Once the weather turns nice nicer I usually still try and watch the cup race at least, depending on what we got going on over the weekend. How about you guys? Do you watch as much as possible?
Well, of course!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2020, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Rochester NY
1,759 posts, read 1,167,784 times
Reputation: 2903
Anybody attending any races live this season? We are going to Watkins Glen again this season for the 3rd year in a row. Last 2 years we only went to the Cup race on Sunday and only stayed for the day. This year we are camping at Watkins Glen State Park from Friday to Monday so we are pretty excited about that.

Usually we try and go to 2 races each year. Last year we went to the July Daytona race. That was our first time at Daytona. I don't think we'll go to another race this year but we might try to go to the 2021 Daytona 500 next year and make a long vacation out of it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2020, 11:20 AM
 
11,843 posts, read 9,234,902 times
Reputation: 15262
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Anybody attending any races live this season? We are going to Watkins Glen again this season for the 3rd year in a row. Last 2 years we only went to the Cup race on Sunday and only stayed for the day. This year we are camping at Watkins Glen State Park from Friday to Monday so we are pretty excited about that.

Usually we try and go to 2 races each year. Last year we went to the July Daytona race. That was our first time at Daytona. I don't think we'll go to another race this year but we might try to go to the 2021 Daytona 500 next year and make a long vacation out of it.

I'd recommend Richmond and/or Martinsville.. Get your short track on. Richmond is a great track and generally great racing.


Martinsville.. well.. There's more downsides to it, but you still generally get excellent racing there. The downsides are that it is in a tiny little town and the facilities aren't as nice as Richmond.. But, hardly a bad seat in the house.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top