Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 04:21 PM

9,872 posts, read 10,774,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
The All-Star race is a non points race so it doesn’t count. But at this rate, he’ll probably sweep Pocono.
It may not count for points but it is still a race and still a win amongst his peers. Not to mention the other races he is winning during the week. Be interesting to see how long Hendrick allows that to continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2021, 08:59 PM

5,685 posts, read 4,591,670 times
Saw a cool video of Kyle and Bubba playing golf together.

Old 06-27-2021, 09:32 AM

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/stat...ay-kyle-larson
Came up short of 5 in a row but at least Bowman was there to Win it. I just caught the tail end on mrn, what happened to Chase?

Old 06-27-2021, 01:14 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,749,641 times
Great to see Kyle Larson with the most wins and in first place on the best team.

Getting fired for using a word everyone uses in a friendly way with their friends and not toward someone else in a hurtful way was idiotic.

I'm thrilled for him. I hope he wins the championship.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:54 AM

9,362 posts, read 9,662,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
The All-Star race is a non points race so it doesn’t count. But at this rate, he’ll probably sweep Pocono.
Your prediction was almost perfect.

Old 07-14-2021, 12:55 PM

Well that didn't take long. Kyle Larson has just received a contract extension and will be sponsored by Hendrick Cars through 2023.

Seeing that Jeff Gordon had a big say with Kyle coming aboard, I'm sure he pushed for this.

https://www.jayski.com/2021/07/14/ky...-through-2023/

Old 07-15-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Well that didn't take long. Kyle Larson has just received a contract extension and will be sponsored by Hendrick Cars through 2023.

Seeing that Jeff Gordon had a big say with Kyle coming aboard, I'm sure he pushed for this.

https://www.jayski.com/2021/07/14/ky...-through-2023/
I'm sure it didn't take a lot of thought... kind of a no brainer. As far as his sponsorship, sounds like it is pretty profitable for Rick … so much so he is sponsoring all of Kyles non NASCAR racing as well.

“When we perform on the track on Sunday, we can feel the impact on Monday,” said Rick Hendrick, chairman and CEO of Hendrick Automotive Group and owner of Hendrick Motorsports. “With the chance to plan for the next two years, the program is only going to help Hendrick Automotive Group sell more cars, book more service appointments and ultimately do more business. It will also allow our company to recruit talented people and support our internal recognition and incentive programs. The more we followed the data, the easier the decision became. We are seeing clear results.”

As far as getting other sponsors... “My dealerships, the general managers and the employees, they didn’t want anyone else on the car,” Hendrick told The Associated Press.

Old 09-02-2021, 11:19 AM

Tony Stewart on Kyle Larson..
"He's a once in a lifetime driver. I say he's a unicorn. He's just literally one of those guys that – who knows – I'm sure in our lifetime we're gonna see somebody else come along that's gonna be like Kyle, but it's probably gonna be a long time before we see another person step up and another driver step up and do what Kyle has been able to do in the last year and a half."

"That will be one of the biggest regrets of my professional career is not getting that kid and having an opportunity to race him in our cars."

Old 09-03-2021, 08:01 AM

I'm a Larson fan. IMO, I would say for Kyle to fill that lifetime moniker he will need to win multiple NASCAR Cup championships.

What does make Kyle different than Gordon, Johnson, Dale Sr, Petty...is that he is winning in just about anything he drives. Those other drivers may not have had the same opportunity or desire to drive much out outside the Cup Series, so we'll never know (unless for Johnson in Indy, but he's much older now). And of course for guys in the early era, those opportunities may not even been available. Petty was racing several times a week just in NASCAR.

I certainly don't want to disagree with Smoke. He knows a heck of a lot more than me about racing in just the tip of his pinky.

Old 09-03-2021, 10:32 AM

17,385 posts, read 14,938,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm a Larson fan. IMO, I would say for Kyle to fill that lifetime moniker he will need to win multiple NASCAR Cup championships.

What does make Kyle different than Gordon, Johnson, Dale Sr, Petty...is that he is winning in just about anything he drives. Those other drivers may not have had the same opportunity or desire to drive much out outside the Cup Series, so we'll never know (unless for Johnson in Indy, but he's much older now). And of course for guys in the early era, those opportunities may not even been available. Petty was racing several times a week just in NASCAR.

I certainly don't want to disagree with Smoke. He knows a heck of a lot more than me about racing in just the tip of his pinky.

I respect his talent.. No question about that. But, kinda like Kurt and Kyle Busch and some others.. Just something about them that makes it kinda hard to like them sometimes.

Larson is lucky that he's driven for owners that allow him to race elsewhere. JGR is pretty famous for restricting what their drivers can do outside of the organization. That no doubt played a small part in Stewart leaving. Obviously, there were bigger reasons, such as team ownership, that caused him to move on, but I'm sure that was a small piece of it.

I think they tried to get Kyle out of Xfinity and Trucks when he had the accident at Daytona. They only succeeded in keeping him out of the plate races.

Is he a Gordon/Johnson/Stewart/Busch level driver? He's getting there. No question. I will caution that it's pretty common for someone to go to a new team and tear it up only to have a massive falloff the next year. Look at Kyle at JGR.. Mark Martin at hendrick..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing