U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 10:34 AM

8,784 posts, read 9,588,433 times

Advertisements

If I'm Rick Hendrick Ive already made the call. Kyle is going to have to do the dance, hug the cactus, they'll let him twist in the wind for abit meanwhile find a company with black ceo that will sponsr him maybe a Tony Dungy as his official "mentor" … and they are off to the races!
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-twitch-stream
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 11:25 AM

4,036 posts, read 3,219,790 times
Except he has been fired by Nascar, and cant drive anymore, so theres that.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:53 AM

11,810 posts, read 9,212,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Except he has been fired by Nascar, and cant drive anymore, so theres that.

Suspended. And he just needs to complete sensitivity training to be reinstated.

2021.. I don't think enough time will have passed for Ally to be OK with him. Possible, but.. I certainly wouldn't call him the #1.

I can, perhaps, see the Kurt Busch method applying here. Once Kurt got canned from Penske.. He did the year with Phoenix Racing, then a year with Furniture Row(Who was an up-and-comer at the time, but wasn't great) before Gene Haas took a chance on him.

But.. I think that's best case scenario. Remember that Gene Haas basically sponsors that car himself, outside of a few races from Monster when Kurt was driving and currently a handful of races from Production Alliance Group.. I could see Larson going to SHR in the 41 more than Hendrick, at least in the near term. Which would mean they'd have to shift Cole Custer over to the 14, assuming Bowyer retires. Gene Haas has had his own problems, and I think he's very keen to help someone rebuild their career/life.. And he gets a top tier driver somewhat on the cheap.

I see no way a major company (Short of Haas) rolls the dice on Larson in the next year. Past that, I can perhaps see the clouds parting a bit. But that 41 car would be his best bet.

And, the thought was that he would go to SHR anyway.. So, this keeps that, just rearranges the car he'd go into.

Old 04-15-2020, 12:25 PM

4,283 posts, read 2,613,687 times
No chance is hell. Rick Hendrick has a relationship with Chevrolet like no one else in NASCAR. Chevrolet won't touch Larson. Labonte18 spelled out the best chance for him to get back into NASCAR, and that would be a small one.

There is too much talent without a ride to let Larson back in.

Old 04-15-2020, 12:39 PM

4,036 posts, read 3,219,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

2021.. I don't think enough time will have passed for Ally to be OK with him. Possible, but.. I certainly wouldn't call him the #1.

I can, perhaps, see the Kurt Busch method applying here. Once Kurt got canned from Penske.. He did the year with Phoenix Racing, then a year with Furniture Row(Who was an up-and-comer at the time, but wasn't great) before Gene Haas took a chance on him.

But.. I think that's best case scenario. Remember that Gene Haas basically sponsors that car himself, outside of a few races from Monster when Kurt was driving and currently a handful of races from Production Alliance Group.. I could see Larson going to SHR in the 41 more than Hendrick, at least in the near term. Which would mean they'd have to shift Cole Custer over to the 14, assuming Bowyer retires. Gene Haas has had his own problems, and I think he's very keen to help someone rebuild their career/life.. And he gets a top tier driver somewhat on the cheap.

I see no way a major company (Short of Haas) rolls the dice on Larson in the next year. Past that, I can perhaps see the clouds parting a bit. But that 41 car would be his best bet.

And, the thought was that he would go to SHR anyway.. So, this keeps that, just rearranges the car he'd go into.
Im looking for the article I read which stated Nascar wasnt going to let him come back. Give me a little bit.

My bad! That was from iracing.

Last edited by UpstateJohn; 04-15-2020 at 01:04 PM..

Old 04-16-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

I think you layed out a pretty good scenario He will probably have to pay his penance with a lower tier team until someone like Boyer retires... also SHR is Ford, Chevy had to disavow him so it makes it harder for them to bring him back to a chevy team.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
No chance is hell. Rick Hendrick has a relationship with Chevrolet like no one else in NASCAR. Chevrolet won't touch Larson. Labonte18 spelled out the best chance for him to get back into NASCAR, and that would be a small one.

There is too much talent without a ride to let Larson back in.
I don't know if there is the talent out there the caliber of Larson... "The next Jeff Gordon"

Last edited by silas777; 04-16-2020 at 09:03 AM..

Old 04-16-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Im looking for the article I read which stated Nascar wasnt going to let him come back. Give me a little bit.

My bad! That was from iracing.
NASCAR is dying from exactly this kind of nonsense... they will absolutely let him back in He just has to do the sensitivity dance and jump through all the proper PC hoops for them.

Old 04-16-2020, 11:39 AM

11,810 posts, read 9,212,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I think you layed out a pretty good scenario He will probably have to pay his penance with a lower tier team until someone like Boyer retires... also SHR is Ford, Chevy had to disavow him so it makes it harder for them to bring him back to a chevy team.

the scuttlebutt is that this is Bowyer's last year. He's ready to move into TV. And he's pretty dang good at that, so.. I wouldn't be overly surprised.

I think my layout is the only thing that makes sense so far as him having a Cup series career. He's pretty much got that nuclear heat I spoke of earlier. The million dollar question right now.. Is that heat too hot for even Gene Haas come 2021?

It'll be pretty hard for someone to attack Haas over giving him a chance. Gene has the entire "I'm all about second chances" thing in his back pocket. Remember he spent 2 years in federal prison back in 2008/2009 for tax evasion. He donates money extensively to charity, INCLUDING the NAACP.

Gene is his lifeline. But.. you know.. Gene could be highly offended by it as well. So.. It's far from a sure thing, it's just.. the only path forward that I see that doesn't involve sprint/dirt racing for the next 5-10 years and then hoping everyone has forgotten.

Old 04-27-2020, 01:37 PM

Well we weren't talking about who was going to replace Larson … But who would have guessed Matt Kenseth?! I didn't see that coming, but good for Matt he and Kurt Bush teammates again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing