U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2020, 04:32 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
64,630 posts, read 45,878,594 times
Reputation: 34928

Advertisements

MotoGP, Jerez, Spain, Sunday July 19 on NBC 3:00 PM EDT and later on on NBCSN.

FINALLY!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2020, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Baker City, Oregon
4,252 posts, read 6,462,414 times
Reputation: 7412
Top four qualifiers separated by ¼ second, Quartararo, Viñales, Marquez, and rookie Francesco Bagnaia. Two Yamahas, a Honda and a Ducati.

Even the top two think Marquez is the man to beat tomorrow.

Supposed to be scorching hot tomorrow in Spain. They usually don't race there in the middle of the Summer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2020, 04:41 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
64,630 posts, read 45,878,594 times
Reputation: 34928
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Top four qualifiers separated by ¼ second, Quartararo, Viñales, Marquez, and rookie Francesco Bagnaia. Two Yamahas, a Honda and a Ducati.

Even the top two think Marquez is the man to beat tomorrow.


Supposed to be scorching hot tomorrow in Spain. They usually don't race there in the middle of the Summer.

Man, I'm gonna be sore in the morning just watching Marquez, that high side was nasty!

Good to see some good racing again!

Kinda strange though, between F1 in the AM and MotoGP in the PM, even without being there it's somehow different with empty stands.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2020, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Baker City, Oregon
4,252 posts, read 6,462,414 times
Reputation: 7412
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Man, I'm gonna be sore in the morning just watching Marquez, that high side was nasty!

Good to see some good racing again!

Kinda strange though, between F1 in the AM and MotoGP in the PM, even without being there it's somehow different with empty stands.
After an amazing save and an amazing comeback, that was really a shocker. He has an arm fracture: https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/94...ndergo-surgery

The coverage was very good. I was afraid there would be a lot of commercials interupting the coverage, but I was wrong.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg4FqulAVrw


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ePTMM36Fk
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2020, 09:29 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
64,630 posts, read 45,878,594 times
Reputation: 34928
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
After an amazing save and an amazing comeback, that was really a shocker. He has an arm fracture: https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/94...ndergo-surgery

The coverage was very good. I was afraid there would be a lot of commercials interupting the coverage, but I was wrong.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg4FqulAVrw


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ePTMM36Fk



I agree, and still some of the best racing there is IMO.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2020, 07:54 AM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
64,630 posts, read 45,878,594 times
Reputation: 34928
GREAT podium by the 'old man' of MotoGP today!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2020, 06:52 PM
 
45 posts, read 8,211 times
Reputation: 107
anyone use the MOTOGP videopass?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2020, 07:55 AM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
64,630 posts, read 45,878,594 times
Reputation: 34928
This was surely one of the scariest crashes I've ever seen that thankfully ended pretty well:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGPrHj1nPt0
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2020, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Baker City, Oregon
4,252 posts, read 6,462,414 times
Reputation: 7412
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
This was surely one of the scariest crashes I've ever seen that thankfully ended pretty well:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGPrHj1nPt0
Valentino Rossi was really shaken. A flying motorcycle missed him by centimeters. He said it was the most terrifying thing he had experienced in his long racing career.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2020, 02:20 AM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
64,630 posts, read 45,878,594 times
Reputation: 34928
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Valentino Rossi was really shaken. A flying motorcycle missed him by centimeters. He said it was the most terrifying thing he had experienced in his long racing career.


Watching him during the red flag, it wouldn't have surprised me if he didn't make the restart. It was so good to see fate be kind to all concerned.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top