Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will finish higher in the points in 2021
Kyle Larson 24 92.31%
Darrel Bubba Wallace 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 10:51 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Bubba didn't want to talk to the media after having a bad day at COTA. Christopher Bell didn't mind.

Really? odd. I mean, he had a good day going.. Part was due to situation, but.. Certainly wasn't embarrassing himself.

that being said.. There is the thought of "If you don't have anything nice to say".. And he may have saved himself a decent little fine there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 06:50 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
So what is that now , 3 second place finishes in a row for Larson? 2 Being beat by his teamates... Mr H has got to be feeling pretty good these days.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:06 AM

98 posts, read 88,309 times
Larson just won after seriously dominating last night. While Bubba fails to get a top 10 again.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route7toRoute202 View Post
Larson just won after seriously dominating last night. While Bubba fails to get a top 10 again.
I know there is a lot of races left but given his performance and the performance of the The whole Hendrick organization , you got to figure he is the one to beat for the Championship right now.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:46 AM

And oh by the way... https://www.jayski.com/2021/05/30/ri...son-will-come/

Old 05-31-2021, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I know there is a lot of races left but given his performance and the performance of the The whole Hendrick organization , you got to figure he is the one to beat for the Championship right now.
Quote:

As to sponsorship.. Yeah, winning cures alot of things. He's gotten some good ones, better than I thought he'd get at this point in time. By next year.. I think things have blown over. The question still remains about blowback if someone that can be 'protested' signs on.. So, honestly, I suspect that anyone who is signed as a full season sponsor for next year (and beyond) likely is someone who did a one or few race sponsorship this year.. Testing the waters.

The only thing I'll say.. The people we put as 'favorites'.. Rarely win the championship.

Who were the favorites last year? Hamlin and Harvick. They finished 4th and 5th.

Before that.. Truex or Hamlin, and Kyle wound up winning. So.. Being the 'favorite' at this point in the season, or even going into the chase.. Isn't normally a good thing.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
As to sponsorship.. Yeah, winning cures alot of things. He's gotten some good ones, better than I thought he'd get at this point in time. By next year.. I think things have blown over. The question still remains about blowback if someone that can be 'protested' signs on.. So, honestly, I suspect that anyone who is signed as a full season sponsor for next year (and beyond) likely is someone who did a one or few race sponsorship this year.. Testing the waters.

The only thing I'll say.. The people we put as 'favorites'.. Rarely win the championship.

Who were the favorites last year? Hamlin and Harvick. They finished 4th and 5th.

Before that.. Truex or Hamlin, and Kyle wound up winning. So.. Being the 'favorite' at this point in the season, or even going into the chase.. Isn't normally a good thing.
Agreed. However the fact that the Chevys across the board are finally running better, Hendrick organization as a whole is finally firing on all 8 (Finishes 1234 and 1345 2 races in a row), coupled with Stewart Haas in the tank doesn't hurt.
https://news.yahoo.com/rick-hendrick...195500220.html

Old 06-01-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Agreed. However the fact that the Chevys across the board are finally running better, Hendrick organization as a whole is finally firing on all 8 (Finishes 1234 and 1345 2 races in a row), coupled with Stewart Haas in the tank doesn't hurt.
https://news.yahoo.com/rick-hendrick...195500220.html

Mmm.. But that means Chase has that same great equipment. That's the biggest hurdle, IMO. And.. Well, Byron and Bowman for that matter. I'd say those two are less 'ready' for a championship than Larson.. But.. With this format, if you make it to the final 4..

Old 06-01-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Mmm.. But that means Chase has that same great equipment. That's the biggest hurdle, IMO. And.. Well, Byron and Bowman for that matter. I'd say those two are less 'ready' for a championship than Larson.. But.. With this format, if you make it to the final 4..
Hahaha , I think you are right on . I was a little surprised how hard they were racing each other at charlotte. Hendrick himself said it..
“I look at William [Byron] and how far William has come. William, every single week, he’s been there. I think they’re just getting stronger together. But Kyle has probably got more racing experience than the other guys. He races everything there is to race, and he says it makes him better. When you climb in any kind of car and go to a track and win when you’ve got the guys that win all the races there, I think he’s made a statement of how much talent he has.”

Old 06-03-2021, 10:15 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Hopefully HMS is not peaking too early.

Bubba was in the top ten for a decent part of the race. He needs a little luck, but the Chevy's are so strong this year. Had Bubba been in JGR type of equipment when they were on top, he would have seen a win or two by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing