U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will finish higher in the points in 2021
Kyle Larson 18 94.74%
Darrel Bubba Wallace 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 11:21 AM

8,827 posts, read 9,650,876 times

Advertisements

After sitting out a whole season Kyle Larson signs with Hendrick to replace the retiring Jimmie Johnson in 2021.
After a season of unprecedented attention for reasons unrelated to his racing ability, Darrell Bubba Wallace is elevated to Superstar status and has signed to drive for the new Superstar single car team created by arguably the biggest Super Star in sports Michael Jordan partnered with Denny Hamlin in 2021.
Simple question who is going to have a better year ? Wins, top 5s top 10s? Points?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 11:45 AM

4,380 posts, read 2,750,993 times
Bubba really bothers you, huh?

Old 10-28-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Bubba really bothers you, huh?
Not a fan, especially after witnessing his behavior this year. How is he going to do compared to Larson next year in your opinion?

Last edited by silas777; 10-28-2020 at 12:10 PM..

Old 10-28-2020, 01:26 PM

4,380 posts, read 2,750,993 times
Larson is a better driver in better equipment. No brainer.

Old 10-30-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Larson is a better driver in better equipment. No brainer.
I agree , although Wallace is going to be in Gibbs equiment so...

Old 10-30-2020, 03:41 PM

12,295 posts, read 9,652,759 times
Both cars have to be basically considered new teams.. The 23 will likely have a much steeper learning curve.. But.. It also wouldn't surprise me at all if the 23 has an agreement similar to the old FRR setup.. Where JGR provided everything. Pit Crews and all. Which certainly will lessen it.

No matter what.. And again, Bubba lost some respect from me with the whole noose situation.. I do see talent there. I also see a need for a bit more maturity. We can point back to Wednesday and throwing the gloves at Kenseth.

I honestly think they're pretty even. We all know that Hendrick has really never had more than 2 good cars. Usually it's was the 24 and 48 and the 5/25/88/9 were kinda also-rans that.. Occasionally would pop up and win a race. There's exceptions to that, of course. But, hell, even back in '09 when Martin was tearing it up in the 5.. The 24 was kinda slumping, winning only a single race, though he did wind up 3rd in the championship.

And.. They got Wheeler as crew chief.. That's a good one.

And.. Intangibles. Both these guys are going to have spotlights on them. I'll go back to my maturity comment earlier here and say that certainly gives the advantage to Larson. I suspect that he'll be able to handle the pressure better. We've seen how he's handled the suspension and it's been, damn near perfection.. Save the interviews which, as someone mentioned elsewhere were almost like he was following a script, but.. Hey.. He stuck to the script.

Wallace.. I think will show some cracks from the pressure. If he can persevere... He'll be OK.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Both cars have to be basically considered new teams.. The 23 will likely have a much steeper learning curve.. But.. It also wouldn't surprise me at all if the 23 has an agreement similar to the old FRR setup.. Where JGR provided everything. Pit Crews and all. Which certainly will lessen it.

No matter what.. And again, Bubba lost some respect from me with the whole noose situation.. I do see talent there. I also see a need for a bit more maturity. We can point back to Wednesday and throwing the gloves at Kenseth.

I honestly think they're pretty even. We all know that Hendrick has really never had more than 2 good cars. Usually it's was the 24 and 48 and the 5/25/88/9 were kinda also-rans that.. Occasionally would pop up and win a race. There's exceptions to that, of course. But, hell, even back in '09 when Martin was tearing it up in the 5.. The 24 was kinda slumping, winning only a single race, though he did wind up 3rd in the championship.

And.. They got Wheeler as crew chief.. That's a good one.

And.. Intangibles. Both these guys are going to have spotlights on them. I'll go back to my maturity comment earlier here and say that certainly gives the advantage to Larson. I suspect that he'll be able to handle the pressure better. We've seen how he's handled the suspension and it's been, damn near perfection.. Save the interviews which, as someone mentioned elsewhere were almost like he was following a script, but.. Hey.. He stuck to the script.

Wallace.. I think will show some cracks from the pressure. If he can persevere... He'll be OK.
I think you nailed it. Wallace is very immature but worse has a prima-dona attitude. They are going to give him and that team so much coverage ad nauseum and when the performance does not live up to it... Remember Danica ?
Larson on the other hand is a proven winner in equally as good or better equipment than he was in before. With a new lease on life. I figure he will at the very least get a win next year.

Old 11-03-2020, 09:57 AM

6,631 posts, read 7,445,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Larson on the other hand is a proven winner in equally as good or better equipment than he was in before. With a new lease on life. I figure he will at the very least get a win next year.
Going on a limb here and saying we will see the 5 car in the Chase in 2021.

Old 11-03-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Going on a limb here and saying we will see the 5 car in the Chase in 2021.
Agreed , I dont think that is too big a stretch.

Old 11-03-2020, 06:26 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,143 posts, read 7,984,091 times
Larsen should do well, He made Gannassi’s cars better. Hendricks should give him better equipment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing