U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-23-2021, 03:02 PM
 
12,110 posts, read 9,442,899 times
Reputation: 15564

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Most everyone seemed to like the race, except Brad Keselowski. Dude was all over the place. How he managed to finish top 5 is amazing.



I thought Logano was going to put Bell in the wall at the end, but he surprised me. He's certainly grown a lot in the sport.



I'll be happy to see the results this weekend. The 500 is a crap shoot given all the good drivers getting caught up in wrecks and the Daytona road course is a wild affair as well. So maybe Homestead just settles in to a normal race and we can see who the strong players will be.

He didn't put him in the wall because he couldn't catch him.



Kurt came closer to wrecking Bell than Logano could get.

Honestly, road courses are kinda the new normal. At least this year. Homestead and the mile and a halfs don't dominate like before.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-24-2021, 09:58 AM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
4,345 posts, read 2,681,748 times
Reputation: 3643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
He didn't put him in the wall because he couldn't catch him.

Kurt came closer to wrecking Bell than Logano could.
Did you not see Logano run Bell up towards the wall when Bell went to pass at the end of the race? Both Gordon and Bowyer commented on it?

Kurt was definitely very aggressive all day.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2021, 10:13 AM
 
8,814 posts, read 9,621,732 times
Reputation: 2516
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Did you not see Logano run Bell up towards the wall when Bell went to pass at the end of the race? Both Gordon and Bowyer commented on it?

Kurt was definitely very aggressive all day.
Ive never been a big Kurt Bush fan, but I would have been ok with him winning that one, maybe because he is the most senior driver out there now and it could very well be his last year... after the slide through the grass, he drove his guts out to get back up there, I was actually a little surprised he wasnt more agressive , thought he raced pretty clean.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2021, 10:26 AM
 
12,110 posts, read 9,442,899 times
Reputation: 15564
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Did you not see Logano run Bell up towards the wall when Bell went to pass at the end of the race? Both Gordon and Bowyer commented on it?

Kurt was definitely very aggressive all day.

Unless I'm mis-remembering that point in the race.. That's when it was raining in that turn. It looked more like Logano AND Bell were slipping on a wet track there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2021, 10:29 AM
 
12,110 posts, read 9,442,899 times
Reputation: 15564
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Ive never been a big Kurt Bush fan, but I would have been ok with him winning that one, maybe because he is the most senior driver out there now and it could very well be his last year... after the slide through the grass, he drove his guts out to get back up there, I was actually a little surprised he wasnt more agressive , thought he raced pretty clean.

Good Lord.. Kurt Busch is the 'senior driver'


and you're right.. It shocked the crap out of me to hear that there were only 2 drivers in the 500 this year that had ever raced against Earnhardt. Busch and Newman.. And they only raced him in a total of like 8 races. Not each.. Total.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2021, 06:30 PM
 
8,814 posts, read 9,621,732 times
Reputation: 2516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Good Lord.. Kurt Busch is the 'senior driver'


and you're right.. It shocked the crap out of me to hear that there were only 2 drivers in the 500 this year that had ever raced against Earnhardt. Busch and Newman.. And they only raced him in a total of like 8 races. Not each.. Total.
haha, my brother texted me that trivia question. I knew Kurt but didnt think Newman because I knew hew and Johnson started the same year and it was after Sr was killed. Remember a lot of Kurt Busch high lights, or low lights... Getting punched in the face by Jimmy Spencer, Jack Roush finally saying we are no longer Kurt Busch apologists, Kurt calling Mr Penske dude over the radio...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2021, 08:28 AM
 
12,110 posts, read 9,442,899 times
Reputation: 15564
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
haha, my brother texted me that trivia question. I knew Kurt but didnt think Newman because I knew hew and Johnson started the same year and it was after Sr was killed. Remember a lot of Kurt Busch high lights, or low lights... Getting punched in the face by Jimmy Spencer, Jack Roush finally saying we are no longer Kurt Busch apologists, Kurt calling Mr Penske dude over the radio...

That was a pretty good war with Jimmy Spencer. I thought that one was pretty entertaining.

It took a whole lot to get Jimmy riled up, but once you did...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2021, 12:32 PM
 
8,814 posts, read 9,621,732 times
Reputation: 2516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That was a pretty good war with Jimmy Spencer. I thought that one was pretty entertaining.

It took a whole lot to get Jimmy riled up, but once you did...
Yeah, how well would a Jimmy Spencer do in todays NASCAR ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2021, 02:38 PM
 
12,110 posts, read 9,442,899 times
Reputation: 15564
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah, how well would a Jimmy Spencer do in todays NASCAR ?

He didn't do all that well in YESTERDAY'S NASCAR.


I don't suspect he'd do a whole lot better.


He's entertaining as hell, tho.. And the first time I heard of the "Chase" format was from him back on the old Inside Winston Cup show where you had Schrader, Benson and Waltrip.


I wish he was still around as a commentator or analyst or something.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2021, 05:30 PM
 
8,814 posts, read 9,621,732 times
Reputation: 2516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
He didn't do all that well in YESTERDAY'S NASCAR.


I don't suspect he'd do a whole lot better.


He's entertaining as hell, tho.. And the first time I heard of the "Chase" format was from him back on the old Inside Winston Cup show where you had Schrader, Benson and Waltrip.


I wish he was still around as a commentator or analyst or something.
Yeah he was a little over the top as a commentator. Those were "the good old days" to me in NASCAR. He, those guys you mentioned, Sterling Marlin, Bobby Hamilton, Ricky Rudd- Remeber his run in with that young, hood sliding punk rookie Kevin Harvick h Now another senior driver. Gibbbs ran Pontiacs with Bobby in the 18 , Yates had Dale Jarrett in the ups 88... drive the truck Dale. Of course Earnhardt. Hard to believe guys like smoke and the others who were just coming in are now retired.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top