U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-08-2021, 12:24 PM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
4,378 posts, read 2,745,968 times
Reputation: 3660

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Let what go ? What does that have to do with my question. It took about 5 years for Danicas run to end as a Superstar of NASCAR, despite NEVER winning a race... Lets just be real. And why wouldnt Wallace congratulate him ? Thought it was a class act what Keslowski did and said.
It's about demographics. NASCAR is trying hard to attract a different crowd. Young and Black spends money on sports related stuff. Old rednecks who can't fly their confederate flags anymore have moved on.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2021, 06:40 AM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
4,378 posts, read 2,745,968 times
Reputation: 3660
Kyle Busch is having no luck at all. But that tends to happen when you run mid pack or worse.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2021, 02:52 PM
 
8,822 posts, read 9,647,630 times
Reputation: 2516
Looking at the driver standings... They sure are putting a lot of weight on stage wins compared to actual race wins. Seems a bit phony that your top 3 in points have not won a race, 2 of which actually have dnf's and they are all ahead of 5 race winners none of which have had any dnf's. Guess Im old school, Racing is supposed to be about WINNING THE D*MN RACE!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2021, 06:38 PM
 
12,278 posts, read 9,636,316 times
Reputation: 15771
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Looking at the driver standings... They sure are putting a lot of weight on stage wins compared to actual race wins. Seems a bit phony that your top 3 in points have not won a race, 2 of which actually have dnf's and they are all ahead of 5 race winners none of which have had any dnf's. Guess Im old school, Racing is supposed to be about WINNING THE D*MN RACE!!

Well, old school put much less focus on that. It was about consistency. See Kenseth in '03 or Parsons in '73.

You should love the new system if it's all about winning.

I liked the old system because you invested in the entire year. Now.. Who cares about anything but the final race so far as the championship goes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2021, 10:13 AM
 
8,822 posts, read 9,647,630 times
Reputation: 2516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well, old school put much less focus on that. It was about consistency. See Kenseth in '03 or Parsons in '73.

You should love the new system if it's all about winning.

I liked the old system because you invested in the entire year. Now.. Who cares about anything but the final race so far as the championship goes.
Yeah, I remember... Kenseth will always be the guy responsible for the change. I like the idea of win and your in. Still seems pretty silly that a guy with no wins and a dnf is ahead of all the guys that actually have won races. And I get why they broke it into stages but at the end of the day lets have the most points for the guys that winn the final stage not so much on the first 2.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2021, 12:15 PM
 
8,822 posts, read 9,647,630 times
Reputation: 2516
Whos going to win the Bristol dirt race? Is it going to be a former dirt racer or ...
Kyle Larson is hot off of a summer winning streak and now his team is smoking.
How bout Newman?! Love to see that. Stenhouse ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2021, 12:56 PM
 
12,278 posts, read 9,636,316 times
Reputation: 15771
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Whos going to win the Bristol dirt race? Is it going to be a former dirt racer or ...
Kyle Larson is hot off of a summer winning streak and now his team is smoking.
How bout Newman?! Love to see that. Stenhouse ?

This is completely like a plate race in my eyes. It's a complete unknown. Noone has raced a Cup car on dirt in 40+ years.

Yeah, the folks who have experience on dirt have an advantage, but.. You know, I wouldn't be massively surprised to see one of those crazy winners pop up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2021, 05:48 AM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
4,378 posts, read 2,745,968 times
Reputation: 3660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
This is completely like a plate race in my eyes. It's a complete unknown. Noone has raced a Cup car on dirt in 40+ years.

Yeah, the folks who have experience on dirt have an advantage, but.. You know, I wouldn't be massively surprised to see one of those crazy winners pop up.
I forecast a lot of cautions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2021, 12:18 PM
Status: "Just SHUT UP already, geez!" (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
4,160 posts, read 3,411,711 times
Reputation: 4587
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
I forecast a lot of cautions.
Actually, I think the forecast is for rain. But youre right, there will be a lot of cautions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2021, 12:20 PM
Status: "Just SHUT UP already, geez!" (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
4,160 posts, read 3,411,711 times
Reputation: 4587
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Whos going to win the Bristol dirt race? Is it going to be a former dirt racer or ...
Kyle Larson is hot off of a summer winning streak and now his team is smoking.
How bout Newman?! Love to see that. Stenhouse ?
Larson does a very good shot at it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top