U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 09:31 AM

6,684 posts, read 7,483,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Actually, I think the forecast is for rain. But youre right, there will be a lot of cautions.
Although a long time NASCAR fan, I haven't watched that many dirt track races.

What will rain do besides a delays/slick track?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 04:05 PM

12,367 posts, read 9,750,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Although a long time NASCAR fan, I haven't watched that many dirt track races.

What will rain do besides a delays/slick track?

If they continue running on it.. Much bigger ruts. Which is why.. They won't continue racing on it. The good side.. It would control the dust a whole lot better.

But really, you're going to see much the same so far as rain as if you were on asphalt. I suspect that in LIGHT rain, they would continue running, though I am far from an expert and am not certain of that. Sprinkles on anything other than a road course means a caution.. And hell, probably does on a road course anyway to allow wet tires to go on.

But, you get a thunderstorm.. First off you have the lightning delay.. Then if it's raining too hard, it goes from dirt racing to mud racing, which noone really wants.

Old 03-27-2021, 05:54 AM
Status: "Leopards cant hide their spots. I know who you are!" (set 10 days ago)

4,220 posts, read 3,472,228 times
Watching practice from yesterday, and its pretty obvious who can race on dirt and who cant, and it sounds like Nascar is regulating this race to death.

Old 03-29-2021, 04:08 PM

3,522 posts, read 4,591,609 times
Damn, it’s not racing if you can’t even see out the windshield. Watching the latest wreck at Lap 156 (restart) and wondering why they needed to experiment with this type of racing.

Old 03-30-2021, 05:47 AM

4,412 posts, read 2,785,304 times
NASCAR is trying gimmicky racing to get viewers back. Figure 8 next?

Old 03-30-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
NASCAR is trying gimmicky racing to get viewers back. Figure 8 next?
I was skeptical at first, thinking it was a gimmick and it is actually. But the racing was entertaining/interesting for the most part. NASCAR and Bristol learned a lot from this race and should make it better for next April.

Was cool seeing Suarez dominate for a while. Too bad he faded at the end. Bummed that Kyle Larson had to start from the back, which really was the reason he got caught up with Bell and ruined his day. Bubba was looking strong at the end until his tire was cut.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:44 AM

8,851 posts, read 9,676,629 times
Overall , it didnt live up to my anticipation. Good the bad and the ugly, imho. The good, a Gibbs driver or affilliate didnt win. Good to see Stenhouse and Newman up there. The Bad they didnt Win. The ugly, Larson got taken out early starting in the back. Was looking forward to seeing him put on a show up front. If they really want to make it interesting get rid of the windshield and make them wear goggles. All in all kind of a yawner.

Old 04-12-2021, 12:27 PM

4,412 posts, read 2,785,304 times
Yesterday's race was simply crazy. No give and take from early in the race.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:06 PM

8,851 posts, read 9,676,629 times
Richmond. I didnt watch hardly any of the race ... figured its going to be Hamlin or a Teammate maybe Logano , not worth watching. My kid came out and said Harvick wrecked and Bowman was up to 3rd . Came in with 15 to go just in time to watch Bowman take the lead and drive away with it... Awesome!! Bowman needed that, 3 out 4 Hendrick drivers are in, odds of Chase winning soon have to be pretty good.
Who would have thought Stewart Haas would be struggling this bad ?

Old 04-19-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Richmond. I didnt watch hardly any of the race ... figured its going to be Hamlin or a Teammate maybe Logano , not worth watching. My kid came out and said Harvick wrecked and Bowman was up to 3rd . Came in with 15 to go just in time to watch Bowman take the lead and drive away with it... Awesome!! Bowman needed that, 3 out 4 Hendrick drivers are in, odds of Chase winning soon have to be pretty good.
Who would have thought Stewart Haas would be struggling this bad ?
Felt the same way. Would never imagined so many different winners so far this year. Looks like HMS just needed a youth infusion.

Speaking of HMS, watched the last 20 laps of the Indy Car Series. Saw JJ finish almost last. He seemed like he was happy though and learned a lot. Another rookie finished 10th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing