U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 12:09 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,232,087 times

Advertisements

Happy to see Kyle get the win yesterday. This season has been awesome with how many different winners there have been so far. Still surprised to see Denny, Kevin, and Chase all winless.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 09:01 AM

8,897 posts, read 9,690,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Happy to see Kyle get the win yesterday. This season has been awesome with how many different winners there have been so far. Still surprised to see Denny, Kevin, and Chase all winless.
Im not a Kyle Busch fan but I had no doubt he was going to win sooner or later this season. Chase is the only Hendrick driver not to win yet , got to believe its coming. The big shock to me is Stewart Haas as a whole , Harvick will find a way to get in the chase but the other 3 are way back there in the points.

Old 05-07-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Im not a Kyle Busch fan but I had no doubt he was going to win sooner or later this season. Chase is the only Hendrick driver not to win yet , got to believe its coming. The big shock to me is Stewart Haas as a whole , Harvick will find a way to get in the chase but the other 3 are way back there in the points.
Very true, SHR is struggling for sure. I'm thinking Chase will probably get a win on one of the road courses coming up.

Old 05-07-2021, 10:19 AM

12,375 posts, read 9,772,305 times
Quote:
Very true, SHR is struggling for sure. I'm thinking Chase will probably get a win on one of the road courses coming up.

You think? lol.. Hasn't he won like 6 of the last 7 or something like that?

Yeah, I have no doubt Chase wins.. What.. You know, I'm not into the conspiracy theories and all (Though Busch winning Buschy McBusch Race...) but people started talking about McDowell maybe not making the chase immediately after Daytona.. And.. Here we are with, what? 10 Winners in 11 races? and at LEAST 3 more that are pretty well guaranteed to get a win (Harvick, Hamlin and Elliott)

Then, you've got somewhat long shots to win, but possible.. Dillon, Kurt Busch, Matty D, Stenhouse and Newman.. Plus the entirety of SHR, Custer, Almirola and Briscoe.

And then the plate race just before the playoffs..

Now.. Let's be real. I don't see any possibility of 17 different winners and McDowell getting knocked out. But.. This narrative did seem to start right after he won.

Old 05-07-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Yeah, I have no doubt Chase wins.. What.. You know, I'm not into the conspiracy theories and all (Though Busch winning Buschy McBusch Race...) but people started talking about McDowell maybe not making the chase immediately after Daytona.. And.. Here we are with, what? 10 Winners in 11 races? and at LEAST 3 more that are pretty well guaranteed to get a win (Harvick, Hamlin and Elliott)

Then, you've got somewhat long shots to win, but possible.. Dillon, Kurt Busch, Matty D, Stenhouse and Newman.. Plus the entirety of SHR, Custer, Almirola and Briscoe.

Now.. Let's be real. I don't see any possibility of 17 different winners and McDowell getting knocked out. But.. This narrative did seem to start right after he won.
I thought if you win you are in... How does Mcdowell get knocked out ? Too many winners they start going by ponits?
What exactly was the Buschy McBush deal anyhow?

Old 05-07-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Would love to see any of these 4 win, especially Newman or Busch... (Could be their last season) And Matt D and Stenhouse , I pull for the underdogs.

Old 05-07-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I thought if you win you are in... How does Mcdowell get knocked out ? Too many winners they start going by ponits?

The chase field is 16 drivers. Hard limit.

Therefore, if there were 17 different winners.. Whoever was lowest in points with a single win would not make the chase. I think that's how it works.. Huh.. So, if someone with 3 wins was 20th in points, just as an example.. And the other 16 winning drivers, with various numbers of wins, were all 1-16 in points.. But, say drivers in positions 10-16 all had only a single win.. That 1 win driver in 16th is dropped, not the 2 win driver, right? Yeah.. Gotta be that way. Because they rank the points by number of wins.

It's said "Win you're in" because we've never really come close to having 16 different winners.

Old 05-09-2021, 02:58 PM

8,083 posts, read 12,204,565 times
Quote:
Fans choice to name the race...

https://www.kshb.com/sports/buschy-m...edway-on-may-2

Old 05-10-2021, 01:07 PM

Dominate performance by MTJ yesterday at Darlington. I'm sure a lot of people will say it was boring, snooze fest, blah blah blah, but there was actually a some really good racing throughout the entire field. Even the last 25 laps were fun to watch with Larson trying to take the lead. With 3 wins is MTJ now the current favorite to win the Championship this year?

Old 05-10-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Dominate performance by MTJ yesterday at Darlington. I'm sure a lot of people will say it was boring, snooze fest, blah blah blah, but there was actually a some really good racing throughout the entire field. Even the last 25 laps were fun to watch with Larson trying to take the lead. With 3 wins is MTJ now the current favorite to win the Championship this year?

He's won Darlington, Martinsville and Phoenix.

I'd say that makes him the favorite if he gets to the final 4.. But not a favorite to GET to the final 4.

But.. Then again.. He's probably the favorite by default.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing