U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 01:15 PM

4,310 posts, read 2,643,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You're the one who said it. Yeah, you started one way and then qualified it.

I'm just stating my opinion that it's no OK for anyone to use. Without any qualifications.
Fair enough. I've heard compelling arguments from both sides. I don't like the word in any context.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2021, 02:47 PM

8,796 posts, read 9,604,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
In my opinion, the N word is despicable in use by anyone. Anyone who thinks it has an acceptable use by any white person is so out of tune with the rest of the world, that they can't be saved. You strike me as a very bigoted person in many of your posts within these auto racing fora and a simple glance at the remainder of your posts completes the picture.

You are, thankfully, part of NASCAR's past. Don't let the door hit you......
Thats a pretty bigoted and ignorant thing to say , given the fact that you dont know anything about me... what color or race I , my wife, some of my kids or the rest of my family are.
First of all its a word ! A word that is used all the time by blacks and is just fine and dandy but when whites use it gasp! It is horrific... please that in itself is racist.

Old 01-15-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
You're the one who said it. Yeah, you started one way and then qualified it.

I'm just stating my opinion that it's no OK for anyone to use. Without any qualifications.
Correct

Old 01-15-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Well.. It ends when people don't drop the N-bomb. I mean, that's the only time that I can remember someone has lost a sponsor for something they said.

Technically, I guess we can add Daniel Suarez.. He lost Subway when he was giving out Dunkin' Donuts at a race.. But let's be honest.. That was an excuse.

Hell, Miller Lite didn't even drop Kurt Busch back when he had the DUI arrest.. And they'd have been well within their rights to do it.

Kyle got 'suspended' by M&M's for two races when he wrecked Hornaday.. Home Depot 'fined' Tony Stewart for going off on.. One of the pit reporters.
Yes all for the most part, on track incidents. My point was the ridiculous political correctness and double standard that is becoming so prevalant. These guys have to now watch every little word they say and every post they make on social media as to make sure some little snowflake doesnt get his feelings hurt. Like I said they have a right to do what they want and people such as myself have a right not to watch.

Old Yesterday, 01:57 AM

12 posts, read 893 times
nascar it is not just most boring of racing sports but now you have to endure how hard was for this x,y person to get in do to confederate flag and racism. i mean that sport will be chaos formula 1 can not be because it is more then one country. you can't tell japaneese or german or brazilian or italian to put black or what ever in front of his country men or women in that country

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM

11,961 posts, read 9,314,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamies View Post
nascar it is not just most boring of racing sports but now you have to endure how hard was for this x,y person to get in do to confederate flag and racism. i mean that sport will be chaos formula 1 can not be because it is more then one country. you can't tell japaneese or german or brazilian or italian to put black or what ever in front of his country men or women in that country

A black Japanese.. Sorry, that just jumped out at me.. I don't think I have ever seen that. Made me chuckle.

I tell you.. And i'm sidetracking.. You want to see some racist people.. Koreans. Holy crap. And I'm not talking about against black people exclusively, though it's there. Now, there's reasons behind this, but Koreans are highly racist against the Japanese. Goes back to WWII. Koreans were pretty abused by the Japanese then, so in that vein, it's understandable. But.. Damn. They hold a grudge. I mean, you want the definition of racism.. Look to that.

Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM

12 posts, read 893 times
Quote:
A black Japanese.. Sorry, that just jumped out at me.. I don't think I have ever seen that. Made me chuckle.

I tell you.. And i'm sidetracking.. You want to see some racist people.. Koreans. Holy crap. And I'm not talking about against black people exclusively, though it's there. Now, there's reasons behind this, but Koreans are highly racist against the Japanese. Goes back to WWII. Koreans were pretty abused by the Japanese then, so in that vein, it's understandable. But.. Damn. They hold a grudge. I mean, you want the definition of racism.. Look to that.
i am not talking about who is racist i am talking about people in those countries want to see their people and will support theor people. people in all countries in F1 CIRCUIT will never promote black over their own country man and that is reasonable. i just hope that these liberty media does not start to **** with F1 with diversity b.s. people that want to race will race no need to elavate one over another that will be turn off in most of the world maybe it is feel good story in maerica but in rest of the worlsd is annoyance

Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamies View Post
i am not talking about who is racist i am talking about people in those countries want to see their people and will support theor people. people in all countries in F1 CIRCUIT will never promote black over their own country man and that is reasonable. i just hope that these liberty media does not start to **** with F1 with diversity b.s. people that want to race will race no need to elavate one over another that will be turn off in most of the world maybe it is feel good story in maerica but in rest of the worlsd is annoyance

Well, as I mentioned, I was sidetracking on it, but.. To your point specifically.. If there WERE such a thing as a Black Japanese F1 driver.. I would hope that Japan would promote him the same as any other Japanese driver.

Would that happen? No idea.. Again.. I can't stop chucking at the thought of a Black Japanese.

Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM

4,310 posts, read 2,643,765 times
Quote:

You make a common error. The Japanese are not a race. The Koreans are bigoted towards the Japanese.

Old Today, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
You make a common error. The Japanese are not a race. The Koreans are bigoted towards the Japanese.

It gets.. Iffy in that area. I won't disagree with you.. Japanese and Korean would both be considered Asian.. and Asian is a race. Sometimes called 'oriental'

But.. Southeast Asia.. Are they still considered Asian? you get into some areas there where things change so quickly. Are Singapore-ians (Probably wrong term) still considered Asian? Phillippeans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing