U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2021, 11:14 AM

8,796 posts, read 9,604,117 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/kyle-la...ed-trump-qanon
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...g-2021-season/
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 02:54 PM

4,310 posts, read 2,643,765 times
Sponsor driven sport. I just can’t comprehend how people don’t get that sponsors don’t want the headaches.

Old 01-13-2021, 03:00 PM

7,379 posts, read 11,698,197 times
So you're defending someone who believes in a moronic conspiracy theory about baby-eating Satanists and lizard people running the country, and the use of a slur that's disparaging to mentally handicapped people. Good to know where you stand.

FWIW - Hailie Deegan wasn't canceled. She has to take a sensitivity training class. Big whoop.

Last edited by bluescreen73; 01-13-2021 at 03:25 PM..

Old 01-14-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
So you're defending someone who believes in a moronic conspiracy theory about baby-eating Satanists and lizard people running the country, and the use of a slur that's disparaging to mentally handicapped people. Good to know where you stand.

FWIW - Hailie Deegan wasn't canceled. She has to take a sensitivity training class. Big whoop.
If your referring to me... Im not defending anybody. Dont know what the hell you are talking about either. And yes Hendrick has a right to fire and hire who ever they want and yes NASCAR can demand who ever they want to take indoctrination, I mean "sensitivity training" for saying the dreaded "R" word, "N" word or any other "word" that hurts some liberal "P" words feelings. And those of us that are sick to death of all the pc nonsense and p*ssyfication of the sport can take hike.

Old 01-14-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Sponsor driven sport. I just can’t comprehend how people don’t get that sponsors don’t want the headaches.
That seems an odd thing to say seeing that Darryl Wallace just got all kinds of companies coming to the rescue. Its not about headaches its about political correctness.

Where does it end ? Remember how Jimmy Johnson was critizised basically his whole career for being too vanilla and boring , sanitized. Matt Kenseth same thing. Where does it end

Old 01-14-2021, 02:23 PM

11,961 posts, read 9,314,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
That seems an odd thing to say seeing that Darryl Wallace just got all kinds of companies coming to the rescue. Its not about headaches its about political correctness.

Where does it end ? Remember how Jimmy Johnson was critizised basically his whole career for being too vanilla and boring , sanitized. Matt Kenseth same thing. Where does it end

Well.. It ends when people don't drop the N-bomb. I mean, that's the only time that I can remember someone has lost a sponsor for something they said.

Technically, I guess we can add Daniel Suarez.. He lost Subway when he was giving out Dunkin' Donuts at a race.. But let's be honest.. That was an excuse.

Hell, Miller Lite didn't even drop Kurt Busch back when he had the DUI arrest.. And they'd have been well within their rights to do it.

Kyle got 'suspended' by M&M's for two races when he wrecked Hornaday.. Home Depot 'fined' Tony Stewart for going off on.. One of the pit reporters.

Old 01-15-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
If your referring to me... Im not defending anybody. Dont know what the hell you are talking about either. And yes Hendrick has a right to fire and hire who ever they want and yes NASCAR can demand who ever they want to take indoctrination, I mean "sensitivity training" for saying the dreaded "R" word, "N" word or any other "word" that hurts some liberal "P" words feelings. And those of us that are sick to death of all the pc nonsense and p*ssyfication of the sport can take hike.
In my opinion, the N word is despicable in use by anyone. Anyone who thinks it has an acceptable use by any white person is so out of tune with the rest of the world, that they can't be saved. You strike me as a very bigoted person in many of your posts within these auto racing fora and a simple glance at the remainder of your posts completes the picture.

You are, thankfully, part of NASCAR's past. Don't let the door hit you......

Old 01-15-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
In my opinion, the N word is despicable in use by anyone. Anyone who thinks it has an acceptable use by any white person is so out of tune with the rest of the world, that they can't be saved. You strike me as a very bigoted person in many of your posts within these auto racing fora and a simple glance at the remainder of your posts completes the picture.

You are, thankfully, part of NASCAR's past. Don't let the door hit you......

Anyone who thinks it is acceptable to be used by a non-white person but not by a white person...

Old 01-15-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Anyone who thinks it is acceptable to be used by a non-white person but not by a white person...
You're too smart to not acknowledge the sentence that proceeded mine. Disingenuousness does not suit you.

Old 01-15-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
You're too smart to not acknowledge the sentence that proceeded mine. Disingenuousness does not suit you.

You're the one who said it. Yeah, you started one way and then qualified it.

I'm just stating my opinion that it's no OK for anyone to use. Without any qualifications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing