U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2021, 01:47 PM

4 posts, read 513 times

Advertisements

What did every one think of last season at CNS, I-25, El Paso, or any of the other tracks on the state?
Personally I was ok with the racing and the live stream done at CNS, but only allowing 175 paying fans was just not right. Yes I know the covid thing had to do with that decision, but they very easily could have got 500 in there and kept the social distancing and mask protocols in place. That would have definitely helped the track with thier bottom line just a bit better. Let's hope this 2021 season gets off on the right foot as long as the track does open on its usual yearly schedule.
Let's hear hear it out thier race fans. What are your thoughts
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 02:48 PM

5,686 posts, read 7,191,394 times
If you are only looking for input from folks on Colorado you might be best suited discussing in the CO forums.

Old 02-02-2021, 03:24 PM

2,540 posts, read 833,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgicmike_88 View Post
What did every one think of last season at CNS, I-25, El Paso, or any of the other tracks on the state?
Personally I was ok with the racing and the live stream done at CNS, but only allowing 175 paying fans was just not right. Yes I know the covid thing had to do with that decision, but they very easily could have got 500 in there and kept the social distancing and mask protocols in place. That would have definitely helped the track with thier bottom line just a bit better. Let's hope this 2021 season gets off on the right foot as long as the track does open on its usual yearly schedule.
Let's hear hear it out thier race fans. What are your thoughts
It's not just the "social distancing" in the stands. Restrooms/concessions and other things need to be considered.

How do you think I feel? Hell, I've had BOTH vaxx shots, AND the time to build antibodies is done. I'm virtually ZERO risk to track/theater/stadium/ball field stands or whatever. Just fill the stands with everyone that's been vaxxed, and it'll fill the coffers, just like before Covid. Of course, even better, is when 75-85% of the pop gets thru the vaxx series, then we should have herd immunity and it should go back to 2019...

I like Pike's Peak Hillclimb. Wish other's did it in the USA, too.

We have a perfect area at Palomar Mountain, that could be like "IOM."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing