U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2021, 01:17 PM

9,097 posts, read 9,763,650 times

Advertisements

This is a good summary of what went down.
I was a Sterling Marlin fan and then a Jamie Mac fan when he replaced him.

The closest Ganassi ever came to a championship was in 2002 when Sterling Marlin led the points for 25 consecutive weeks in a season cut short by injury.

But he lost me with Montoya.

https://www.foxsports.com/articles/x...-nascar-future
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 06:27 AM

6,774 posts, read 7,556,137 times
Although the Cup Championship eluded Chip, he has no reason to ever bow his head. The guy is a winner everywhere.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:33 AM

12,465 posts, read 9,921,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Although the Cup Championship eluded Chip, he has no reason to ever bow his head. The guy is a winner everywhere.

He purchased a mid-pack team(SABCO) and.. Leaves with a mid-pack team.

He took alot of chances.. Most didn't pay off. But, yeah.. it's nothing to be ashamed of or excited about. He was.. There.

The biggest thing.. There could have been all kinds of drama there with the Earnhardt merger, the Ginn situation he inherited.. But.. There wasn't.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:15 PM

9,097 posts, read 9,763,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
He purchased a mid-pack team(SABCO) and.. Leaves with a mid-pack team.

He took alot of chances.. Most didn't pay off. But, yeah.. it's nothing to be ashamed of or excited about. He was.. There.

The biggest thing.. There could have been all kinds of drama there with the Earnhardt merger, the Ginn situation he inherited.. But.. There wasn't.
Yeah what sad, weird and seemingly spiteful ending to DEI... the way I understand it , after the merger Theresa Earnhardt just kind of went away and was never involved again. At least she made sure Dale Jr and Kelly weren't going to get it

Old 07-06-2021, 01:53 PM

12,465 posts, read 9,921,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah what sad, weird and seemingly spiteful ending to DEI... the way I understand it , after the merger Theresa Earnhardt just kind of went away and was never involved again. At least she made sure Dale Jr and Kelly weren't going to get it

I think it was best all around that she went away. She's still basically considered the wicked stepmother of the NASCAR world and.. I somehow doubt she could withstand the fan vitriol that would be directed at her if she was showing up at the track.

Let's be honest.. Doesn't everyone consider JR Motorsports to be the real successor to DEI?

Old 07-06-2021, 02:29 PM

4,477 posts, read 2,848,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I think it was best all around that she went away. She's still basically considered the wicked stepmother of the NASCAR world and.. I somehow doubt she could withstand the fan vitriol that would be directed at her if she was showing up at the track.

Let's be honest.. Doesn't everyone consider JR Motorsports to be the real successor to DEI?
Give a listen to the Dale Jr Download with Ty Norris. very informative.

Old Today, 11:15 AM

8,148 posts, read 12,274,523 times
Wow, I missed this whole story. And I have friends that work at CGR that haven't even mentioned it this past week. I need to get out more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing