Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 01:11 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times

Advertisements

Got curious.. Anyone know what happened to Robbie Loomis? he went over to Petty after he split from Jeff Gordon, and was released from there in 2012.. But i've heard nothing about him since.

I know that Fatback McSwain, longtime crew chief for Ricky Rudd and short time for Bobby Labonte left the business completely and owns his own repair shop in NC

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/04...tback-mcswain/

Matt Martin.. Wow.. That's an odd one. He was Joey Logano before Joey Logano and just one day decided he didn't want to be a race driver. I know he worked with Hendrick a while when his dad was there.

Robbie Reiser, longtime crew chief for Matt Kenseth went into the GM role at Roush-Fenway, but was booted at the end of 2016..

Ross Kenseth.. From what I've found, he's an accountant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 01:26 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
What about Darian Grubb ? Always thought he got a raw deal from Stewart. Wins him a Championship and promptly gets fired.. Last I knew he returned to Hendrick.

Old 03-23-2021, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
What about Darian Grubb ? Always thought he got a raw deal from Stewart. Wins him a Championship and promptly gets fired.. Last I knew he returned to Hendrick.

He's over at CGR. But you're right, up until this season he was with Hendrick. He was with Hamlin and JGR immediately after separating from SHR.

I was kinda surprised about Blickensderfer.. Had no idea he was with McDowell. I remember him being with Kenseth back in '09 and winning the 500.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:36 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
He's over at CGR. But you're right, up until this season he was with Hendrick. He was with Hamlin and JGR immediately after separating from SHR.

I was kinda surprised about Blickensderfer.. Had no idea he was with McDowell. I remember him being with Kenseth back in '09 and winning the 500.
Wasnt Blickensderfer with Dale Jr briefly?

Old 03-24-2021, 05:46 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times
Quote:

Blick is very well traveled. Seems to have been moved out of CC duties in the middle of a season twice.

Quote:
Wasnt Blickensderfer with Dale Jr briefly?
He was a crew member for Sr as his first job in NASCAR.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
He was a crew member for Sr as his first job in NASCAR.

Speaking of.. remember back when they did the swap for Skinner and Earnhardt? McReynolds and Kevin Hamlin?

Wonder what happened to him? there was a Busch series driver named Kevin Hamlin as well, who is a spotter now.. But the former crew chief.. I don't know what happened to him.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:50 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
I dont think he got fired. I think he was leaving anyways, but i dont really recall.

Old 03-24-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I dont think he got fired. I think he was leaving anyways, but i dont really recall.

No, he was fired. Or "His contract wasn't being renewed".. Any way you look at it, he was out and not of his own decision.

Old 03-24-2021, 11:14 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times
Quote:
Speaking of.. remember back when they did the swap for Skinner and Earnhardt? McReynolds and Kevin Hamlin?

Wonder what happened to him? there was a Busch series driver named Kevin Hamlin as well, who is a spotter now.. But the former crew chief.. I don't know what happened to him.
Kevin Hamlin was Kevin Harvick's crew chief for awhile, but no info is available.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:15 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
No, he was fired. Or "His contract wasn't being renewed".. Any way you look at it, he was out and not of his own decision.
I thought I read somewhere it was a mutual decision made earlier in the year, and announced at like Charlotte or one of the "Fall" races. Oh well, I must be thinking of something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing