Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 06:03 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure that if the opportunity to "park" Elliot presented itself, Harvick would do it again, just out of spite, if it would prevent Elliot from moving forward in the chase....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 02:06 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I'm pretty sure that if the opportunity to "park" Elliot presented itself, Harvick would do it again, just out of spite, if it would prevent Elliot from moving forward in the chase....
Sounds like NASCAR is going to make sure that does not happen.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:12 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Sounds like NASCAR is going to make sure that does not happen.

Mmm.. From Harvick's standpoint, this should be over. He got his payback.. His wreck was his own doing, whether he felt pressured by Elliott or not. We all know he was.

From Elliott's standpoint, he's got bigger fish to fry. Not exactly "The Eagle doesn't hunt the fly" here, but he needs to focus on his racing, not sweat getting back at someone else.

So, I doubt this needs to be said.. But, I also understand NASCAR wanting to avoid the Logano/Kenseth situation.. Which, let's be honest, was a situation of their own making anyway.. Logano should have had some repercussions when he booted Kenseth.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:46 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Mmm.. From Harvick's standpoint, this should be over. He got his payback.. His wreck was his own doing, whether he felt pressured by Elliott or not. We all know he was.

From Elliott's standpoint, he's got bigger fish to fry. Not exactly "The Eagle doesn't hunt the fly" here, but he needs to focus on his racing, not sweat getting back at someone else.

So, I doubt this needs to be said.. But, I also understand NASCAR wanting to avoid the Logano/Kenseth situation.. Which, let's be honest, was a situation of their own making anyway.. Logano should have had some repercussions when he booted Kenseth.
Indeed, I'm just saying NASCAR has said they are going to make sure of it...
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2021/10...at-continuing/

Old 10-13-2021, 08:04 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
I don't see why Harvick would want to wind down his driving career with this drama hanging over his head.

Harvick's chances of winning races and especially championships are quickly dwindling.

On the other side, Chase is set to win multiple championships if he stays at HMS, well before he gets to Harvick's age.

Does Harvick really want to keep this fight going into next season? Harvick may only win one race next year and Chase could be there to ruin it for him.

Kevin's best decision will be to let this go and work on the "internal struggles" he says are at SHR.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:53 PM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Looks like the feud is officially over. NASCAR had a nice ZOOM call with representatives from both camps and pretty much told them that "if they want to turn themselves into a greasy spot on a country road somewhere, then have at it, but not on their racetracks"!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing