Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:16 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbeard5 View Post
Are you a fan of NASCAR?

1. Drive 200 MPH
2. Slow down
3. Turn left
4. Repeat 500 times

You can probably guess that I'm not.

You make it sound like qualifying, where there is only one car on the track at a time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 07:32 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I am but I am rapidly losing interest like the rest of the country. I'm to the point where i watch the last 5-10 laps.

Sadly with some of these races the crashing is becoming the most interesting thing that happens.

The whole "is this driver going to make it on gas?" is just boring since 98% of the time the driver makes it to the end. I kinda think its a cheap attempt to keep people tuned in to the end.

Oh and some tracks they make RIGHT turns believe it or not.
I'm with you. I think the races have been less exciting since going to the COT. The double-wide restarts helped things a bit. The rivalries help out a bit. But other than that, it's getting pretty boring.

And with Johnson poised to win his fifth straight, I'm about to puke! I haven't been to a race in a while, so maybe I need to get back. Right now I DVR the race and watch it in FF, then slow down for the end.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:46 PM

152 posts, read 651,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm with you. I think the races have been less exciting since going to the COT. The double-wide restarts helped things a bit. The rivalries help out a bit. But other than that, it's getting pretty boring.

And with Johnson poised to win his fifth straight, I'm about to puke! I haven't been to a race in a while, so maybe I need to get back. Right now I DVR the race and watch it in FF, then slow down for the end.
And I'm with you on the DVR'ing. I used to be a huge fan and went to the Monster mile in Dover once a year. I stopped going after the Toyota entry era. I gained some spark back when my man Smoke went his own way and with a Chevy. I've gotten really sick and tired of the younger Bush and his ME-ME-ME it's all about ME syndrone yet the guy has mad skills. I'm really gonna boycott even DVR'ing the series if # 48 wins his 5th championship kinda like when I once boycotted F-1 back when Michael Shumacher was always winning.

Here's an analogy for you haters of Nascar - It's like dumping a bag of skittles in a flushing toilet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing