Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 03:50 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times

Advertisements

Poor Kyle!

Tony probably wishes this year was over already. I will be glad to be able to root for him again next year when he is back in a Chevy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
There is sabotage amongst the 18 team! I am calling shannanagins, why isn't Sen. Spector looking in on this debacle? Shannanigins!!!!!

Old 09-28-2008, 07:41 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
Aside from Tony, it wouldn't happen to a better bunch! Karma sure appears in funny ways!

Hamlin and Shrub are two of the most immature and disrespectful drivers in the sport. I guess if they have to be in the Chase, then 11th and 12th are great spots for them!

The Gibbs organization went from class to sass this year. Who knows what GM secrets they brought to Toyota when they sold out car makes. Aside from the Gibbs team being caught cheating (Nationwide cars), even JD showed an ugly side when the Shrub team was caught up in one his dramas earlier this season. Can't belive the Coach puts up with the nonsense.

Oh well, I couldn't be happier about the way the season is ending for them.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:56 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Poor Kyle!

Tony probably wishes this year was over already. I will be glad to be able to root for him again next year when he is back in a Chevy!
It will be good to see Tony back in a Chevy next year, and I see him doing quite well in it. If anyone can handle driving and owning a team at the same time, its Tony. Time to get some 14 gear I guess!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:02 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Aside from Tony, it wouldn't happen to a better bunch! Karma sure appears in funny ways!

Hamlin and Shrub are two of the most immature and disrespectful drivers in the sport. I guess if they have to be in the Chase, then 11th and 12th are great spots for them!

The Gibbs organization went from class to sass this year. Who knows what GM secrets they brought to Toyota when they sold out car makes. Aside from the Gibbs team being caught cheating (Nationwide cars), even JD showed an ugly side when the Shrub team was caught up in one his dramas earlier this season. Can't belive the Coach puts up with the nonsense.

Oh well, I couldn't be happier about the way the season is ending for them.
Agree 100%, Remember when Gibbs had the class of the field with guy's like Jarrett and Labonte.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:21 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Agree 100%, Remember when Gibbs had the class of the field with guy's like Jarrett and Labonte.
I still have a lot of respect for Gibbs but he has made terrible driver choices. Going from respected veterans like Dale Jarrett, Bobby Labonte, even Tony Stewart to the two of the biggest in NASCAR in Hamlin and Busch.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:48 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times
People forget that the toyodas have 2 degrees better valve angles than GM has. Looking at that Pink designed engine, toyodas should have won more. But my opinion is the only good toyoda in nascar is in the wall.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:25 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
I am also pulling for Tony in his Chevy this next year. It's not easy owning your own team and driving too. But as another poster said..if anyone can do it Tony can! Go Tony!!!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 04:47 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
I'll give Kyle his dues for blistering the hell out of them this past season, but one does have to wonder if his arrogance put him on the bad side with his team. When the chase started he had an 80 point lead, by the 5th race he was well cemented in 12th.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:46 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I'll give Kyle his dues for blistering the hell out of them this past season, but one does have to wonder if his arrogance put him on the bad side with his team. When the chase started he had an 80 point lead, by the 5th race he was well cemented in 12th.
exactly. i think he just died out. He went all out in the first half of the season, and he just collapsed. Plus i think he forgot that once the chase starts, the Championship is anyones, to take. Jimmie had a great strategy all season. Finish and do well for the races and when the chase starts, he just blew the competition away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing