Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Number of races Carl Edwards is Suspended from.
0 12 80.00%
1 0 0%
2 3 20.00%
3 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:31 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times

Advertisements

He won't be suspended but his punishment, if any, will be one or more of the following: a fine, points docked, probation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 08:41 PM

180 posts, read 352,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
roid rage?
lmao!

I voted zero let them play.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:31 AM

319 posts, read 634,481 times
That was a weak move by Edwards (and ruined what looked to be a barn burner of an ending between Busch and Montoya). I understand that there's no love lost between those two guys, but the #12 had no reason to move back and let the #99 in earlier in the race. Edwards should have just laid off and dropped down behind him or been faster. Why would Edwards think that a guy he doesn't get along with would accomodate him by letting the #99 get a better position on the track?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:13 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
How about this for an option?

Let Edwards pay for the damage to the other guy's car out of his own pocket. In fact, let all the boys "mix it up," but make them pay when they do. Not the team....the individual behind the wheel.

Those cars are NOT cheap and wrecking someone shouldn't be just a walk-away for the aggressor. Wanna wreck someone? Fine, but be prepared to pony up!

Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 AM

148 posts, read 550,340 times
I agree with stripes17 Then of course we will hear about it for the next several races when the media interviews during the races. Carl did not go out to flip the guy. As a fan who goes to the races I will not wear a pillow around me to protect myself from harm. ( can not go around in life saying oh that could of hurt me or a fan or so on)
Sports any can be harmful and the people in charge make it as safe as they can.We as fan of anything knows just in life nothing is safe . But, mentally you can not have that fear or your life will be boring and or just sit at home and wait for your time to go.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:28 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,745 times
I like Brad and Carl, sad to see those two go at it. Wish it was Johnson that went flying and Carl isn't going to get suspended. He jsut had the finger wagged at him

Old 03-08-2010, 08:31 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,999,297 times
He'll just get fined and the 41 other drivers will help pay for it

Crashlowski had this coming ... Guessing Denny Hamlin's a HUGE Edwards fan now...

This outa slow the #12 and his aggressive style down now ... If not, it wont be the last time he ends up on his ass

Race on boys!!

Old 03-08-2010, 08:46 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeeproud View Post
ruined what looked to be a barn burner of an ending between Busch and Montoya

This to me is the key element - I have a hard time getting into nascar - when i've seen it and liked it there has usually been some drama at the finish, that push towards the end is what I personally find exciting

however, it seems more and more often races look like this years daytona - all momentum towards the finish is just killed

If I were nascar I'd be upset not so much that a couple guys were mixing it up, but they decided to do it with a few laps left

I don't find much interest in the multiple restarts to finish - it's better than finishing under yellow, but still kind of anticlimatic to what was being built

I also agree this isn't the track to send someone flying - but then again, neither was talladega

Old 03-08-2010, 11:48 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
He'll just get fined and the 41 other drivers will help pay for it

Crashlowski had this coming ... Guessing Denny Hamlin's a HUGE Edwards fan now...

This outa slow the #12 and his aggressive style down now ... If not, it wont be the last time he ends up on his ass

Race on boys!!
I heard that Hamlin is now the President of the Edwards fan club.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:37 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,987 times
I knew that the decision NASCAR made to let they drivers race and police themselves this season was a bunch of bull. So Edwards caused a car to flip. Them's the breaks. If NASCAR does ANYTHING to Edwards, it's back to the sanitized racing that is killing the sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing