Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 06:06 PM

660 posts, read 1,653,502 times

Advertisements

Any half-decent accident investigator should almost instantly realize which car was hit and which car did the hitting. If your car was parked and ran into, pushing it up onto the curb, there would be tire marks from your car being forced there. Oh...and where is this "trail" of parts leading them to it??

Still, don't say anything without a lawyer present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 06:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
88 I You might know better than I would about being exonerated, but if the cops think they have the slighest chance of a conviction the OP will end up in court fighting a felony. If that happens and he is found innocent the record can be expunged for a fee of around 500 bucks.

The system of in-justice never looses a red cent ever.

Zab, stop talking. You can't see the car, but your attorny can. Stop talking here. What ever you say can and will be used against you in a court of law! That counts here!

Now i don't know if thye cops can figure out who you are here, but if they can and do, then what ever you say can and will be used against you.

If the cops call you back again the will state that they want you to come turn your self in.

Before that happens get a lawyer, When you go state your name when they arrest you, and other than that tell them you have no more to say and your attorny will say what must be said.

Have someone else with you, so you can find out when court is and have that someone show up too, too find out what bail is. That person should have a few reciepts to prove where you live and a few paid bill recipts and afew letters with envelops addressed to you to prove this all to the judge at the hearing.

This hearing will not be a trial, but a hearing to see if the cops have enough evidence for a trial. You are only trying to prove you are a upstanding citizen and won't run from a trial. Having a note from your boss, stating you work at such n such place is a help., Anything the court will see as you won't run. Do not try to fight this then. Get a lawyer for that.

I don't care if you did it or not. I gain nothing either way, but i did get framed for something like this. In my case it was a bad cop. I still have a record and i was found innocent. I am not paying any 500 bucks to get this expunged. Thats Bull S hit This record still has a very slight effect on my gun carry permit. It makes the chief curious, and when he is he waves papers and asks questions.

He didn't like hearing that bad cop is now serving a very very long time for 512 counts of child molestation either. ;D

Old 07-09-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
Any half-decent accident investigator should almost instantly realize which car was hit and which car did the hitting. If your car was parked and ran into, pushing it up onto the curb, there would be tire marks from your car being forced there. Oh...and where is this "trail" of parts leading them to it??

Still, don't say anything without a lawyer present.

Nope the cops removed and have hidden the evidence. Unless the cops took pics it is a game anyone can only guess at now. I bet who ever hit the car drove away, and all the cops have is this guys car.

Since the cops won't let him look at it, they can say anything they want.

They play games and could prove that yesterday you had V-8 juice for breakfast if it came to that. I am betting you didn't have V-8 juice yesterday at all.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Son8uds to me like the cop you talked tyo is a traffic cop really and isn't experienced. No cop would want a vehicle involved remove before he got there> Sounds like he just took the otehr guys story and did no real investiagtion at the scene. You ca tell teh followup investiagtors that he came to your house and basci said it ws removed before he got there but accused you of being the driver ;so you'll make no statement without legal advise. you turned it over to your insurance.Your insurance will assign a attorney as they have to represent you in the accident itself not any evetual crimianl case tho.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:27 PM

54 posts, read 190,368 times
Actually the one officer said my car "was towed a half hour ago" so it was removed before the police came to my door. I also asked the insurance person if they knew or could recommend a lawyer and she said they don't have anything to do with that.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:32 PM

Zab, Listen to me I have been there. texdav may mean well but he has no idea. Read what i said, because whether or not you believe me now you will sooner than byou think, Get a lawyer NOW!

The cops are building a case whether or not it will spin to a conviction. They don't care, but would like the conviction. They still get paid the same, win or loose. They just get no brownie points if they loose. You on the other hand will loose time which is money.

maybe with the right lawyer you can head this off before a trial. No doubt you are going to be arrested. Bank on it.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:37 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,181 times
Your car was involved in an accident of some type and they are your insurance carrier...they have no choice but to at least investigate if you are liable or not.

The cops would have to have photos as evidence or they have no case.

Moving the car before the accident investigator came and took measurements, etc. is ludicrous. Is this some small town police department? They're botching their own case!!

Old 07-09-2010, 07:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Stop posting anything about this on the internet or social network websites, edit where you already have and delete what you can, and consult an attorney.

Everyone has the right to remain silent yet few take advantage of that right.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
This is a very serious matter and the only advice anyone here can reasonably offer you is cliche but applicable: get a lawyer, now. As in, today. You're being accused of a felony and you need to lawyer up before you talk to the police again, especially since they've already put you on notice that they believe you did it.
He didn;t say that it was a hit and run pedestrain accident. most failure to stop and give information is a ticket type charge, He also is not charged at all;just had a police man says "he thught he did it"'much different. There si no way they are goignto remove the car 30 minutes before the police arrive in a serious accident or charge. The poolice can make all kinds of staes ;like it looks bad etc ;hopig to get a confession of guilt. that si their job;he never actaully said you will be charged or I am charging you.When and if they charge him that is the time to call a attorney.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:38 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,673,944 times
could some one be using you to scam their insurance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive