Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:41 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
what sunk the nation into the depression was fdr's robbing the people by shutting down the banks and stealing their property. But most history books instead praise the s.o.b. and his thieving friends.

It's early and I've already seen the most ridiculous statement I'll see today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 01:03 PM

745 posts, read 2,209,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
does it really matter how much Nissan and VW have invested in Mexico and China? They drive cars in those countries, too.
I was not knocking Nissan or VW for investing in other countries. I was merely pointing out how unfair it is to criticize domestic automakers for building plants and producing cars in those places while ignoring the fact that foreign automakers are doing the same thing.

They should be judged equally. We should not criticize domestics for a few foreign plants while rejoicing in foreign automakers for bringing a few plants here without keeping the overall statistics and percentages in mind. It does not mean every global car company has the same effect on the U.S. economy.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:17 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor92 View Post
I was not knocking Nissan or VW for investing in other countries. I was merely pointing out how unfair it is to criticize domestic automakers for building plants and producing cars in those places while ignoring the fact that foreign automakers are doing the same thing.

They should be judged equally. We should not criticize domestics for a few foreign plants while rejoicing in foreign automakers for bringing a few plants here without keeping the overall statistics and percentages in mind. It does not mean every global car company has the same effect on the U.S. economy.
ok, gotcha.

And I agree for the most part. I'm sure carmakers put so much more stock into forum posts written by intertards than their very own logistics experts that they pay 6-figure salaries to, when it comes to where they should build cars according to market demands.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:22 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,237,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabala View Post
German cars...with Japanese electronics, I'd go fer that.

As for the OP's question. I think right now I would go for a Ford Fusion over a Toyota Corolla.

I'd take a Fusion over a Corolla too, the Fusion is a class above the Corolla.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:16 PM

436 posts, read 908,264 times
America, I don't think Japanese cares are that stylish.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor92 View Post

They will have to invest more in markets like China as they are the growig markets. Besides that with the Koreans and chinhese becomig more competitive everyday the owrldwsie market will be more competitive than ever before. this is not the 70's when they only had to worry about cars forn japan and getting them to limit their import into Us. Diffferent world altogwether.When gas price go up agina as the world recovers from lesss consunption during the recession american makers still will be fact with making so much of their profits still from large trucks and SUVs.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:38 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
I prefer Asian cars, Lexus in particular.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:19 PM

929 posts, read 2,723,802 times
12go says
"Buy from American car companies as they employ more people, invest more into the country, and make sure what you buy is built here. If it's not, then don't buy it. One thing the idiots who buy import brand vehicles don't realize is even if they are built here, the profits go to another country, which is 1 reason we are a debtor country instead of a creditor country like we were before the 4 tired acts of treason came along."

RIGHT ON !!!
If you have a choice, Buy American.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:24 PM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,156 times
I love classic american cars, those old Mustangs, Old 442, Chevelles, Camaros, Stingrays, GTO´s from 1967-1971.
Today, I would always buy a European car, especially Audi is one of my favourites.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:46 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,689,947 times
I like Honda they seem pretty consistent in terms of quality, no trucks though.

Asian cars and American motorcycles.

Hey, I remember their was a Japanese builder on one of those chopper building shows. Would that be an Asian-American vehicle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive