Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 10:13 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,624,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
what's your price range?
Well it depends...

I'm thinking that if I buy in the next few months I'll be in the $35K area. I'll have to finance this car which is one thing I'm not looking foward to. I guess I'm trying to ask myself whether or not I really need a new car at this point. If I waited for 1-2 years when I move to Dallas, I'll be able to throw a budget out the window and buy whatever car I want. But 2 years feels like a long time to wait...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 11:53 AM

453 posts, read 2,095,738 times
subaru STi will probably be the fastest car you can get in that price range. i know you don't think too much of subaru's, and in the pictures online they don't look too great, but when you see one in person you will realize just how sexy it is.
also, if you want a muscle car you could get a dodge charger r/t. 340 hp from a hemi could be a lot of fun.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:12 AM

667 posts, read 2,879,433 times
Since you are looking at used cars, pick up a used c5 Z06

Old 09-12-2007, 03:14 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,262,528 times
Just curious how this one ended? and I'll throw in a vote for a 2006 or later MX-5.. My wife has one and if I was quite a bit smaller I'd say it's the funnest car in the world to drive and I've driven everything from Ferrari's, BMW's, Porsche's, Vette's, and even a Greenwood Corvette with a Cleveland that ran airplane fuel and had slicks..
I was driving it today because she's out of town and every time I do it's like I'm on a race track. Bad part is it's pretty dangerous driving 90-100 MPH all over the place, but it sure is fun.. it's like a little rocket that will not lose grip, or at least I haven't managed to yet..

Old 09-12-2007, 03:47 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,912,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Just curious how this one ended? and I'll throw in a vote for a 2006 or later MX-5.. My wife has one and if I was quite a bit smaller I'd say it's the funnest car in the world to drive and I've driven everything from Ferrari's, BMW's, Porsche's, Vette's, and even a Greenwood Corvette with a Cleveland that ran airplane fuel and had slicks..
I was driving it today because she's out of town and every time I do it's like I'm on a race track. Bad part is it's pretty dangerous driving 90-100 MPH all over the place, but it sure is fun.. it's like a little rocket that will not lose grip, or at least I haven't managed to yet..
Try the Lotus Elise. What the MX-5/Miata should have been.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2007/Lotus/2007.lotus.elise.20113039-E.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-12-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided to put it off for a while, my finances aren't too great at the moment. I also haven't found anything I am truly in love with. But I have sold my Porsche which was a huge load off my back.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:51 PM

ahh, yes, the Elise.. There are actually two of them where I work, one yellow and one orange. and I was actually talking to a coworker about them the other day while we were walking to lunch and one of them drove by. I know they'd be a ton of fun on an open road without worrying about cops, but the MX-5 probably does a good impersonation for quite a bit less money.. If anyone hasn't test drove a 2006 or newer MX-5 then they should hold off on opinions because it's a completely different car and everything they changed was for the bettter. Better room, much better engine and tons of extra fun. I was messing around with a Maxima on my way home today and I think he was surprised that the little Miata was kicking his butt while we were going about 100 through this big underpass curve

and too bad the OP had to wait, but I know how finances can work some times.. it'll work out later, maybe in time for a 2009 Camaro?

Old 09-12-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
it'll work out later, maybe in time for a 2009 Camaro?
Hehe...2009 Challenger...*drool* preferably with Orange/Black stripes and a 426 HEMI....! Now THAT car is worth waiting for.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:35 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,223,314 times
I'll second the Subaru advice. It may not be as flashy as some but then again flashy gets you pulled over. I'm an old Porsche and Jag owner myself and was impressed with the handling of the Subaru, can't remember the particular model or year.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:35 PM

They're going to actually put a 426 in it? Now that would be something nice... kinda like a 454 in the new Camaro.. it'll be nice to have American muscle cars again..

and no, I don't consider the mouseturd a muscle car , mostly because the people driving them are usually getting passed by grandmas in Buicks.. never understood why people would want a car like that just so they can drive really slow...

just was reading through this site: Chevy Performance Engines, Chevy Engines, Chevy Motors, GM Engines kinda makes ya grunt a little...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive