Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:42 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,287,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim adams View Post
And what color your Audi is?
RED! With black interior and carbon trim. Also carbon fiber mirrors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 08:44 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,508,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
540i BMW
conspicuous consumption.
One of my favorites. I had a hard time picking between a 540i or M3 back in 2003. I ended up going with the M3, but wish I had gotten the 540i, I'd probably still have it. Though I would also be sitting here lamenting that I never owned an E46 M3.... I'm thinking the next car may just have to be a 540i. I have been shopping for a "fun" car, but this may be a better bet and easier to convince the wife on.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:45 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,508,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
RED! With black interior and carbon trim. Also carbon fiber mirrors.
Stand out much?

lol, that's a great combo. I'd personally go for black with silver blades, but that combo sounds sick and isn't something I've seen yet. Of course, I've only ever seen 2 R8's on the road.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:58 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,287,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Stand out much?

lol, that's a great combo. I'd personally go for black with silver blades, but that combo sounds sick and isn't something I've seen yet. Of course, I've only ever seen 2 R8's on the road.
LOL...I agree! But....my R8 coupe was Silver with Black carbon blades...So, I wanted something different. Not a fan of the blue, white, or that brown color they have...Black was my first choice...but in Tx heat...and the dirt and swirl marks...I opted to go with red. Also...the Spyder has no side blades...wish they could have figured out a way to incorporate them, since I considered that a "signature" of the R8.

Here she is at the SD car show:

YouTube - AUDI R8 SPYDER 5.2

The red is much "redder"...this shows sort of "orangey"

This one shows the color better:
AUDI R8 | Along comes the Audi R8 Spyder

Old 07-30-2010, 09:22 AM

226 posts, read 558,454 times
That's a beautiful car ShelbyGirl. Thanks for sharing your video.

I remember riding in one of my friends dads' Audi's back in the early 80's. I'll never forget that ride. If they could build them that nice 25 or more years ago, I can imagine what they're like now. Very nice cars!

Old 07-30-2010, 09:24 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,710,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
[/b]

LOL...It just came in a few weeks ago...1 of the first to hit the Gulf Coast! There was only 1 other one in San Diego as of a few weeks ago, but that may have changed by now. Have no idea what DH will decide to do with it...I'm guessing on keeping it..since we have the room at the moment in the garage, and he hates have to drive to the wharehouse to get one of his cars. But....that could all change at the drop of a dime! Once my Spyder gets here....I could care less what he does! THAT will be my daily driver. Will let you know if and when he decides to let the Z go.

When you drive that new baby home you need to time it so that you can come thru Dallas on the 1st Saturday of the month and bring it by Classic BMW for Cars & Coffee. If I know you will be there.......... I'll be there for sure. You would be a HUGE HIT if you were to bring that bad boy by there. I'll even give you a garage to park it in if you come thru Dallas Has the BMW dealer in Houston started a Cars & Coffee yet?

The teenager told me that I do not need to give my BMW up to her. IF, we get her an Audi. LOL!!!!! NOT!

Old 07-30-2010, 09:26 AM

4,262 posts, read 8,129,206 times
2007 FJ Cruiser...

Always had small sporty coupes (Z24 Convertable, Scion tC, 350Z) but decided that I wanted something bigger. Always liked the FJ.. drove a couple of other SUV's, didn't like them, test drove one and loved it. 3 months later, some knucklehead ran a stop sign full speed and flipped mine onto its roof. My GF and I walked away with barely a scratch... so went and bought another one.

I really don't need an SUV, except I feel safer in it, as people drive like morons here... I like the higher up ride instead of falling into the car, the higher head room, and the look of it.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:46 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,522,177 times
My wife drives an '03 Maxima. Great car that will last a long time, especially since we don't drive it!

I drive an '08 Sorento, which has become the main drive mostly because we are keeping the mileage low on the Maxima for resale/trade in when the time comes. I bought it for a number of reasons.

It was really inexpensive when they had the $5K off-the-top discount.

It hauls stuff. I really needed this since my previous ride was a '95 Maxima and it didn't haul much.

It will tow 5,000 lbs. Something I will need when we move.

Not the best vehicle I've owned. But not the worst, either.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:08 AM

660 posts, read 1,644,226 times
1) 2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L AWD
2) 2002 Mini Cooper S Monte Carlo Edition
3) 1969 Triumph TR-6 Drop-Top Roadster
4) 1968 VW Beetle w/ Porsche 914 engine
5) 2004 Ford F-350 Dualie SuperCab Lariat
6) 1969 Triumph 650 Tiger TR-6r (motorbike)
7) 1996 Triumph Trophy 1200 (motorbike)
8) 1972 Triumph 650 Bonneville bobber/chopper (motorbike)
9) 2002 Kawasaki Ninja 750 XR (race-only motorbike)

I drive the first three because........... I'M BRITISH!
The Triumph TR-6 was the last of it's breed
I have the VW because they're great/fun cars and the Porsche motor surprises anyone who dares!
I have the Ford truck because I haul show horses and it's the only thing I can tow a 60 foot fifth wheel trailer with.
Unless it's snowing, I'll ride one of my motorbikes anytime it's at all feasible in any kind of weather because I hate riding in a cage.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:21 AM

290 posts, read 916,375 times
Two weeks ago it was a '09 Challenger R/T, because it was the coolest looking car IMO that was in my budget. And pretty fast. I love cars and get bored driving the same car for 2-3 years so I sold it and got a '10 Maxima fully loaded. I got this car because I kinda missed having 4 doors and I wanted an upgrade in features. My Challenger had no options. I hated the cloth seats. The Maxima is the 1st car I've owned with Nav, HID's, push button start, etc. Not as fast as the Challenger but it's just as fun to drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive