Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 02:38 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
Sorry guys....just got caught up in the heat of the moment. I always say I'd like to mess with somebody's car when I'm mad but I never have. I was so set off by this whole incident that I walked into the store and couldn't remember why I came in the first place. The when I did remember what it was, I walked down the wrong aisle.
It is obvious you did the right thing. You didn't react. I'm with you 100% on how you feel though . Too many people at local supermarket/Walmart parking lots are total douche bags. It was the kid's fault. She should have apologized on the child's behalf, and acknowledged you in the process. People are total a holes these days. This is the type of behavior these kids are emulating. Your frustration is justified.

I understand your frustration. Let it be. As much as you want to kick her door the next time, don't..

Do what I do. Park at the end of the parking lot, where no one wants to park. People these days are too darn lazy to park far enough from the store, and walk a bit. They'd rather be where all the shopping carts and cars are. Another thing, just like Vegas Drunk said, karma is a bitc....h...

You may have been the cool one this time. Watch the same incident happen, and the next person may not be so cool. It might be another soccer mom that reacts in a negative way, and may the cat fight begin .

You'll get your satisfaction, without you even touching her or her car. Karma, baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 06:06 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
One of the why's of why I park far from other cars and walk a long way in any parking lots.

That only helps. Once I was walking to my parked car and with room to steer the Titanic around my car a women drove smack into it, backed up, and drove for the exit, which I happened to be standing in. One could say she was a little less than pleased. I stood there, and pulled out a pocket note book, recorded her tag number, she rolled the window down and asked if i were a witness.

I told her it was my car and she had better hand over her paper work, but if not the cops would soon be calling on her.

Get some fingernail polish on these chips ASAP. Clear or if you can get a close color do that.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:01 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,221,611 times
I am another advocate for parking in the outer reaches of parking lots and then off to the corner. Walking is healthy.

As for your situation, it's amazing how inconsiderate people can be. I would have immediately called the police. Its like, if you're not sorry then neither am I... 9-1-1

Old 08-09-2010, 07:05 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
30 years ago I was enjoying a double scoop ice cream at 31 flavors. Trans Am pulls in next to me, door fly's open and hits my truck. I give the offender the eye and this girl says "it's just a truck" referring to my Blazer. As they walk away I agree to myself that I did not care to finish my ice cream, so I leaned out my window and dropped it in thru the T top onto the seat.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:54 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,687,668 times
People are incredibly inconsiderate with that stuff. To the folks saying it was a kid and accidents happen, well they do, but they can be prevented. Maybe it's because I'm a car enthusiast, but my kids know that if we are parked next to another car, they need to wait for me or my wife to open the door and help them out, so this doesn't happen. It's not easy for a kid to judge the space and doors swing open a lot farther than some people realize. Mom should have opened the door for the kid and helped him in so it didn't happen.

The worst one I personally experienced was a teenage girl who drug her purse or jeans down the side of my M3 in a small parking lot behind a store. I ran in to pick up sandwiches and parked away from the other cars. I come out and find someone parked next to me. The girl was careful with the door, but had to slide her way down between the cars to get out. Didn't think anything of it until I was washing the car that afternoon and found two scratches from the passenger door all the way down to the taillight. Pissed me off, but what are you going to do.

Of course I've been on the other side of it to. I had to stop at a rest area on the Atlantic City Expressway so my son could go to the bathroom. When we came back someone had parked really close to us in an older Ford Taurus (~ 2000). I managed to get my son in the seat and was going to have my wife back out so I could get in. As I was finishing up the car seat straps I bumped the door and it went right into the car next to us. Of course, the guy and his wife were standing right there.

I closed the door and apologized to him and looked for damage. There was one small paint mark on his door. In fact, his entire car was scratched and dented and was missing paint on the hood. He started asking me how I was planning on paying for a new door for his car. I apologized again and said it was really minor and I had some detailing stuff in my car and would get the paint mark off for him. He agreed and I got the paint off (thanks to Meguiar's Scratch X). He then started pestering me that maybe we should exchange info in case there was more damage. I looked at him like he was crazy. I flat out told him that I did the best I could, there was virtually no damage and that he was the one who parked too close to me. I got in the car to leave and he goes if you give me some cash I can forget this happened. I said if I give you $20 you could buy a whole new car based on this POS you're driving and we left.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:02 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
"It was an accident." Is the poorest excuse some of you can come up with? Is this how you raised your children? If so, please let the rest of us know where you shop so we can avoid you and your untrained brats.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:17 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
People are incredibly inconsiderate with that stuff. To the folks saying it was a kid and accidents happen, well they do, but they can be prevented. Maybe it's because I'm a car enthusiast, but my kids know that if we are parked next to another car, they need to wait for me or my wife to open the door and help them out, so this doesn't happen. It's not easy for a kid to judge the space and doors swing open a lot farther than some people realize. Mom should have opened the door for the kid and helped him in so it didn't happen.

I said if I give you $20 you could buy a whole new car based on this POS you're driving and we left.

Good post

Funny what you wrote in bold. Gave him a reality check.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:17 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokermunkee View Post
if she would have said "it's just a car!", i would have taken my mag light and smaked it against her car and said "yeah, it's just a car!"
lol ..!

Old 08-09-2010, 10:18 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
30 years ago I was enjoying a double scoop ice cream at 31 flavors. Trans Am pulls in next to me, door fly's open and hits my truck. I give the offender the eye and this girl says "it's just a truck" referring to my Blazer. As they walk away I agree to myself that I did not care to finish my ice cream, so I leaned out my window and dropped it in thru the T top onto the seat.
Priceless

Old 08-09-2010, 10:44 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,891,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
because her little toddler did it by accident way to scare the child dude
very mature and adult like too
Same thing if a kid breaks a window in my home. If it was on purpose or an accident, I expect the parents to step up and take care of it. I don't expect a kid to pay for it, but the parents have a responsibility. No different than damaging my car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive