Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 11:18 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,611,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
I don't think this should come as a surprise. However women are still accurately stereotyped as to knowing not much beyond how to operate a vehicle. Some know how to top off fluids but far less know what to do with a wrench. I can't blame them, it's purely societal programming.
As part of my All Star project in 4H I did a class at the high school tailored specifically for young girls who wanted to know more about cars, but were too afraid to take an auto class.

I believe there are MANY girls/women who would love to learn more about cars, but it can be really intimidating being in a class or shop with all males.

I was always under the impression that guys would like a girl who knew their stuff about cars/mechanics...until I had multiple guys tell me they 'couldn't date a girl who knew more about cars than they did'. It was emasculating, I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 03:53 PM

614 posts, read 1,375,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
As part of my All Star project in 4H I did a class at the high school tailored specifically for young girls who wanted to know more about cars, but were too afraid to take an auto class.

I believe there are MANY girls/women who would love to learn more about cars, but it can be really intimidating being in a class or shop with all males.

I was always under the impression that guys would like a girl who knew their stuff about cars/mechanics...until I had multiple guys tell me they 'couldn't date a girl who knew more about cars than they did'. It was emasculating, I suppose.

Hmm I wonder how Vincent Gambini delt with that...

'Cause Chevy didn't make a 327 in '55, the 327 didn't come out till '62. And it wasn't offered in the Bel Air with a four-barrel carb till '64. However, in 1964, the correct ignition timing would be four degrees before top-dead-center.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:27 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,324,313 times
I also like fast women on slow cars too.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:32 AM

456 posts, read 1,121,403 times
I'm female and love cars. My new daily driver (if I will ever use it as that) is a six speed r/t challenger. I had someone on here say that I was a cougar trying to get younger men with it (I'm not even anywhere old enough to be a cougar by a few decades but that's not the point). I had some huge insults saying I was a lesbian (I'm married) and all this other bs. There are some men who really have a problem with women having "guy" cars. And, there are guys who think it is great that you drive the car but just assume it's not yours.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:22 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,211,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMBA View Post
I'm female and love cars. My new daily driver (if I will ever use it as that) is a six speed r/t challenger. I had someone on here say that I was a cougar trying to get younger men with it (I'm not even anywhere old enough to be a cougar by a few decades but that's not the point). I had some huge insults saying I was a lesbian (I'm married) and all this other bs. There are some men who really have a problem with women having "guy" cars. And, there are guys who think it is great that you drive the car but just assume it's not yours.
If you are under 35 I guess that's a Puma, anything over is Cougar territory.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:45 PM

84 posts, read 235,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
This is a pretty cool article that just came out:

Not All Horsepower Addicts Are Men
Count me in that list!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive