Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 03:56 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,623,028 times

Advertisements

I think this is a 1914 Electric car possibly named Woods. It was donated for the war effort in 1941. The body was all aluminum in the days when aluminum was very expensive. Now I know where a lot of Lionel train sets went.

I wonder what this car would be worth today?
1941 scrap drive for the war, look at this donation!-electric-car.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 05:29 PM

890 posts, read 3,700,525 times
If you watch that show American Pickers they'll find some neat stuff that's rare now because most of them were melted down for the war effort.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
If you watch the foreclosures in your local newspaper, you'll find that most of them were due to Bush's war efforts. Small world, eh?
Wow....a totally unrelated and unnecessary comment.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:11 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,220,282 times
Roosevelt, what led you to your conclusions on this car? I can see there is no engine in the front but what else?

Old 08-25-2010, 07:28 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,288,738 times
Quote:
If you watch the foreclosures in your local newspaper, you'll find that most of them were due to Bush's war efforts. Small world, eh?
Wrong forum, and incorrect, to boot. Foreclosures had more to do with people who never should have got loans in the first place, getting dirt cheap ARMS on houses they couldn't afford normally, and not being able to pay when the interest rates rose on them.

Go bak to the politics forum and get a clue, please.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:26 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Wrong forum, and incorrect, to boot. Foreclosures had more to do with people who never should have got loans in the first place, getting dirt cheap ARMS on houses they couldn't afford normally, and not being able to pay when the interest rates rose on them.

Go bak to the politics forum and get a clue, please.
It might have been Chango's video on war that inspired me to interject my little spew on the world that I see today.
I don't mind your killing, quashing or redirecting of the message, but I am offended by the bold attitude that it appears
you've taken in respect to this thread. Whether it was foreclosures, marginal stocks, CEO parachutes or immigration problems,
it's a damned big world out there and I really don't need your bogus response. If you seek to increase your reputation points,
don't do that at the expense of others. Dude, I DO have a clue but you are far from the Sherlock Holmes to point it out.

Some of us come out here to conform to an attitude of discussion, the normal interplay between individuals, their points of view,
their predjudices, their likes and dislikes, their unsolicited criticisms and those ever -flapping gums and keyboard antics of a new class
of people who would have nothing else to say, but that which they find wrong with whatever someone else has to say. If you felt that
my comment was misplaced herein, just say that but don't try to impress me with your own mis-construance of my comment, I could
care less about mortgage rates than about how much my next bag of pot will cost and I certainly don't have time for you, or your obviously
skewed point of view.

Oh, and BACK has a "C" in it, it wasn't spelled bak in my day. Need I say more?" I thought not...

Old 08-26-2010, 01:28 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,712 times
Opinions are like butt-holes, wrinkled, scrunched-up and issued to everyone. Thank you so much for YOUR opinion.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:59 AM

The only thing your opinions have in common with buttholes is that we'd prefer if you kept both out of this discussion. I'm sure there's a Bush-bashing thread in the politics section.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:07 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,220,282 times
Quote:
Opinions are like butt-holes, wrinkled, scrunched-up and issued to everyone. Thank you so much for YOUR opinion.
If you're going to talk about politics get the hell out. There is a forum for it and we don't need your political garbage. This is an automotive forum and this thread is about a supposed electric car. Discuss this unique vehicle or pack your bags.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:07 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,623,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Roosevelt, what led you to your conclusions on this car? I can see there is no engine in the front but what else?
The back of the photo said Woods but I wasn't sure it was a car name. I checked on Google and it is a Woods all right, only one left in the world, in some car museum that is being sold off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive