Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:03 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times

Advertisements

Congrats, what did it cost ya, if you don't mind me asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 11:05 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
I haven't noticed new Mazdaspeed6. Are they still manufactured?

Old 03-04-2011, 07:09 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Congrats on the buy. I like both cars (like you maybe slanted more towards the Legacy GT), but the Speed6 is a strong car and I wouldn't mind rocking one.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Congrats, what did it cost ya, if you don't mind me asking.
16K out the door including all fees and crap. Though I was wrong about it being a GT, it's a Sport. So we get cloth seats instead of leather (which is fine by us), no heated seats (which aren't as necessary for cloth seats anyway), and no remote locks (which we can fix with an aftermarket kit for $200 installed).

Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
16K out the door including all fees and crap. Though I was wrong about it being a GT, it's a Sport. So we get cloth seats instead of leather (which is fine by us), no heated seats (which aren't as necessary for cloth seats anyway), and no remote locks (which we can fix with an aftermarket kit for $200 installed).
Sounds like a bargain to me

I've seen GT's around that price here (plus tax, private sellers), but the mileage is usually north of 50k miles.

Have fun with your new car, I can't say I'm not a tiny bit jealous

Old 03-04-2011, 08:41 AM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I have a hard time believing remote locks weren't standard on even the most basic Speed6. More likely they just didn't get the remotes from the previous owner?

I would recommend you check with a Mazda dealer about getting a replacement factory remote (or remotes). A couple fobs and programming shouldn't be a whole lot more than $200. Whatever the difference in price, it's probably worth not having to have your factory wiring hacked.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post
I have a hard time believing remote locks weren't standard on even the most basic Speed6.
You know what, you're right. I looked at the standard package comparison and I misunderstood the chart. Remote keyless entry came standard on the Sport, whereas the GT came standard with keyless entry/keyless start. That makes me feel a little better.

Power driver seat would have been nice too (standard on GT, not available on Sport) but far from a dealbreaker for a car in this class.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:44 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,893,349 times
I woulda got a Legacy GT Limited with the toys. Good aftermarket and best AWD system known to man.

Audi A3 with a DSG would have been fun too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-0T-...item4157613a1d

Old 03-04-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
I woulda got a Legacy GT Limited with the toys. Good aftermarket and best AWD system known to man.
Good for you. When you're in the market for a car, you get whatever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
I didn't want an Audi A3. That's why I didn't buy one.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:29 AM

I have to say I'm quite impressed with this machine. Interior materials are a little chintzy but not intolerable in for the segment. And I'm unmoved by common complaints such as too much noise at highway speed (it's barely louder than my well-insulated Saab) or that the engine runs out of steam above 6000 RPM (so what -- you reach the 6500 RPM redline about 3 tenths of a second later anyway so you're not missing much by shifting a couple hundred RPM sooner). It's almost scary how quickly it can build speed; it's even scarier how effortlessly it can get up to and trundle along at triple-digit speeds. You can get in a lot of trouble with this car if you don't mind your right foot.

And it's unbelievable how flexible the engine is for being a 4-banger turbo. I don't even have to take it out of 6th to get quick passing power at highway speed. There is still some lag down low but it spools up very quickly. I suppose that's one benefit of direct injection. By comparison, I could knit a sweater while I wait for the turbo to kick in on my Saab.

In all I'm extremely pleased with the car, and so far I have no regrets about choosing it over a LGT. The wife loves her new car too -- she thinks it's "pretty." But she doesn't understand why I'm so turned on by "all the whooshy sounds it makes" when the turbo spools or when pressure dumps out the BOV. Not to worry, dear -- all you need to understand is that it worked out well for both of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive