Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
Road rage?

When someone on the highway rages at me, I just blow them a kiss. Then they usually blow a casket
Maybe i will try that Dc!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 12:30 PM

17,983 posts, read 27,442,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I had to move you up in reps to 200 now because I was thinking of you this morning. I left my neighborhood and starting down a 6 lane divided street and just got a good start down the straight away from the intersection after my turn when all of a sudden I saw coming at me from the other direction a HUGE semi with trailer. He was doing everything he could to stop that rig and not run the stoplight ahead of him. Several cars had pulling into the intersection and were under the belief that he (Mr. Trucker) could stop. I heard noises that I don’t want to ever hear again! I saw smoke from all of the tractor and trailer tires blowing in the air. And it impressed me when he (Mr Trucker) was able to keep that trailer from jackknifing and crashing into the cars back in the intersection. I couldn’t believe how that trailer filled with “gravel or rock” that had to be over 10 or 15 tons swept from side to side on the opposite side of the street. He was lucky that no one was beside him because he needed all three of those westbound lanes for that rig. Amazing! Absolutely amazing no one was hit or killed. Thank God I was going the other direction.

Crew Chief,,,,,,, I’ve always had a good amount of respect for the truckers but I sure gained a lot more this morning! You guys deserve far more credit and respect from others who seem to be upset because they are being you and can’t see around. Little do they know how hard of a job you guys have on the highways and in the cities. My hat off to you sir!

Courtesy goes a long way towards other drives and it’s passed on each time it’s given! People need to give the truckers more courtesy and right of way!

Good post. Where would we be without commercial drivers? We don't want to be the one stuck behind a cement truck either. We kind of have to share the road. Think of how much time and money we waste getting to and fro. We might as well enjoy the ride along the way. "Can't we all just get along?"

Old 07-20-2007, 02:00 PM

134 posts, read 438,495 times
I've noticed a decline in driving etiquette not only where I live, but all over. People seem to be driving faster and being less polite at the same time. I also think some of worst road rage is not in DC, LA, or places that are typically known for it. I've seen some of the worst road rage in rural areas or smaller metro areas.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:01 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,231,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdalton View Post
I've noticed a decline in driving etiquette not only where I live, but all over. People seem to be driving faster and being less polite at the same time. I also think some of worst road rage is not in DC, LA, or places that are typically known for it. I've seen some of the worst road rage in rural areas or smaller metro areas.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. here in DC, people are used to it... so if you're like me, if someone cuts you off you'll just roll your eyes or let out a sigh, but that'll just be it and I'll move on. not worth blowing a casket about it and getting into an accident.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:18 PM

982 posts, read 3,306,236 times
I get road rage on occassion. Tailgaters pi$$ me off to no end. Especially when there's no place to move and just get out of the way.

Louisiana drivers are the worst, on the stretch of I-10 from Orange right through to Mississippi. Screw the speed limit. And they have a thing about turning their brights on, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive