Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 08:20 PM

17,115 posts, read 56,757,089 times

Advertisements

I have never seen a Jiffy Lube that did alignment. Maybe they bent something by lifting the car improperly?

If you paid by credit card, you can call the credit card issuer and have the charges reversed, then the ball in in JL's court. You may or may not be successful in getting them to own up to damaging your car, but you can reverse charges for the oil change. BTW do yourself a favor when the crap windshield wipers they put on start to streak, pitch them and get some Bosch that are re-fillable, rather than the craptastic plastic one-piece wonders JL features.

I honestly do not understand why people use these bodgers. But I don't understand why anyone eats at Micky D's either, and they are the biggest "restaurant" using the term loosely in the US...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,139 times
12/19/2015 - I just got back from Walmart and they said they would not do my oil change because my car was off alignment? I have a regular mechanic that I know would have told me that if it were true. I really feel betrayed because I took 2 cars in at the same time to be serviced. One 2001 Toyota was to get 2 new tires but they were trying hard to sell me 4 new tires when I didn't need 4 so I told them I would not get any tire after all and the other was to change the oil only on a 2003 Toyota. I'm betting that they were pissed off they could not get the big sale on the tires and therefore made up the excuse about the alignment because my car does not sway in any direction and drives fine. I have taken my older Toyota 2001 in the past year that has existing alignment and balance issues and they changed the oil then, so why not do it for my 2003 Toyota now? I am going to report Walmart to the consumer authorities.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:30 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,237,834 times
Could be as simple as they added too much air in one tire or not enough in another tire.
Could be they screwed up the alignment. There should of been a before and after printout of your alignment settings
Could be they hit your suspension or bent something.
Could be they left something loose

Old 12-19-2015, 10:19 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,216,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonwattagelimit View Post
Funny thing: on the same visit that I got the botched alignment, they seriously overcharged me for wiper blades. I asked the woman how much they cost, and she said "15 bucks," so I figured, eh, I'm perfectly capable of changing them myself but I really hate doing stuff like that (I am not mechanically inclined and get impatient even doing simple stuff like putting together furniture from Ikea - so, for those of you who suggest that I do my own oil changes and alignments, yeah, not happening, even though I probably could if I really wanted to) so for 15 bucks I'll just have them do it. The blades were 15 bucks each, which, needless to say, is ridiculous. I felt like a fool, but lesson learned.
When it comes to replacing simple stuff like windshield wipers and bulbs, the shop will likely assume you don't know your *ss from your elbow and not care if they charge you for stuff you don't need (or even overcharge $30 for 2 wiper blades)

my opinion is the premium you pay for the work is what your laziness or incompetency is costing you.

Sometimes I don't feel like changing the air filter and let them do it, other times I'll do it myself.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:51 PM

13,065 posts, read 20,732,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW1979 View Post
I am going to report Walmart to the consumer authorities.
Walmart, like any other automotive repair shop, has the right to refuse service on any vehicle they deemed a problem if serviced. You can complain, but it won't do any good. Just take your money to a real repair shop for work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive