Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Do you really think they know more about cars then Car and Driver? wow.. .. Its a tv show made for entertainment.. If you did not know that..
...and C&D isn't entertainment, either?

Again, when it suits you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 08:57 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,189,972 times
Top Gear (tv) have not tested this edition of the GT500.

I would not call Top Gear UK clueless. I bet Clarkson has driven most performance cars available on the market.

The show is 99.9% entertaiment and highly subjective but I see nothing wrong with that.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:37 AM

1,333 posts, read 3,226,333 times
I love them all, but from a realistic standpoint I wouldn't own any of them. I'm 6'6 and those cars were not designed for me lol. I sat in a vette at the car show last month and the crowd around me got a good chuckle at me trying to get in and out.

The only performance car I think I could comfortably fit in would probably be the Challenger but I've never sat in one so I don't know.

I find it funny that GM put out a Corvette ZR1 for everyone at the carshow to climb over but Dodge put the challenger on a pedestal and roped it off.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:14 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Why dont you just say the following: "I dont like to drive my car around corners w/o electronic grannies doing it for me, and I cant launch a car properly w/o my lame AWD. I also cannot operate a clutch, and I like my car to sound like a vacuum cleaner and not exotic whatsoever. I prefer a car to look like a lame cross between a Maxima and 370Z, and thats why I choose the GT-R over the Vette and Shelby!"

All I hear is "waah, waah, my favorite car got destroyed by a Nissan!"

Old 02-27-2011, 07:24 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,346,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
exactly. Its a ricer car. Ya know the crowd. Roll racing baby. lol
Yeah, the car with a heritage of being banned in serious racing because it's too dominating is a ricer car.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about, this isn't a 1,6 Civic with a fart can.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:52 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
Quote:
Why dont you just say the following: "I dont like to drive my car around corners w/o electronic grannies doing it for me, and I cant launch a car properly w/o my lame AWD. I also cannot operate a clutch, and I like my car to sound like a vacuum cleaner and not exotic whatsoever. I prefer a car to look like a lame cross between a Maxima and 370Z, and thats why I choose the GT-R over the Vette and Shelby!"
You forgot one other thing...it is ugly.

Although I respect that the GTR is a great "racing" car, most that have driven it say that on normal everyday roads the car loses a lot of the enjoyment. Also lots of reports about the car nissan provides for track tests and to compete in all these magazine/tv races isn't the same as the stock one you buy. Porsche bought a stock one and couldn't come close to the numbers that Nissan was claiming around Nurburgring.

I'm a Porsche guy, so I would still take even a used Porsche over any three of these cars. I also can't see spending $50k for a mustang. They are a good bang for your buck car when around $30k, but at $50k, forget it.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:11 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Oh can it. You'd sh*t your pants long before you ever approached the outer limits of a ZR1's or Mustang GT500's capabilities, so don't act like you're too good a driver to bother with a trifling GT-R.
Im not claiming to be a good driver. So you can it, Drover. Id rather explore a RWD cars' limits and learn by trial and error, than have AWD and grannies PRETEND to make me look like a good driver, which you prefer with your lame WRX's. Go buy a car that requires skill to drive, and quit pretending like you know me, too. Its getting a bit creepy.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
All I hear is "waah, waah, my favorite car got destroyed by a Nissan!"
Sorry, the GT500 and Z06 are not even in my top 10 fave cars. But Im glad it took all that electronic programming, AWD, and every kind of driving aid to take out 2 simple sports cars. Must be embarrassing to Nissan and ricers around the world to have to have all those aids to keep simple RWD cars at bay. Take away all those gimmicky driving aids, and make the GT-R RWD like a proper sports car should be, and youd be left with just another typical Nissan... ugly, bad-handling, overratted and overpriced. Id rather have a 370Z any day... at least its proper in its nature!

Old 02-27-2011, 09:16 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Im not claiming to be a good driver. So you can it, Drover. Id rather explore a RWD cars' limits and learn by trial and error, than have AWD and grannies PRETEND to make me look like a good driver, which you prefer with your lame WRX's. Go buy a car that requires skill to drive, and quit pretending like you know me, too. Its getting a bit creepy.
EVERY car takes skill to get the most out of it. That goes for the GT-R as well.

If you think driving a WRX is somehow effortless, you're more clueless than I had ever imagined.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post

I'm a Porsche guy, so I would still take even a used Porsche over any three of these cars. I also can't see spending $50k for a mustang. They are a good bang for your buck car when around $30k, but at $50k, forget it.
Have you seen the numbers the new Mustangs can post around racetracks? Theyre not far behind many Porsches, some of which cost twice as much as the Shelby. Speaking of bang for the buck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive