Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most improved Luxury Brand.
Cadillac 22 41.51%
Lincoln 5 9.43%
Infiniti 10 18.87%
Acura 1 1.89%
Jaguar 15 28.30%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 02:35 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,789 times

Advertisements

I would like to see Caddy become a true global luxury icon. Germany has Audi, BMW, Benz, Japan has Lexus. Why can't Americans have Caddy? They need to build a big V-12 flagship and some hybrids. They need to figure out how to make the XLR sell. The CTS and CTS-V is great but that is just one car lineup, the CTS. Its sad when Caddy is known more for the Escalade, rap videos and bling culture than anything.

The team that did the CTS needs to do every car in the lineup. They really improved the CTS from the ****ty Catera Opel rebadge to the first gen CTS to the current one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 02:38 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,129,944 times
Jaguar has REALLY improved. It bodes well for TATA. I am sure we'll be getting other TATA vehicles, soon.

Cadillac is like all GM cars; the bottom of the barrel. Lincoln is a Ford make. Not too great, but much better and reliable than anything that spews out of Government Motors.

Infiniti and Acura have never had to improve. They're as close to automotive perfection as you can get. Each is an excellent value, along with Lexus. You cannot go wrong with a new one or old one.

Mercedes Benz has gone down the tubes in recent years. They used to be among the best, but not anymore!

Old 03-15-2011, 02:43 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,224,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
Jaguar has REALLY improved. It bodes well for TATA. I am sure we'll be getting other TATA vehicles, soon.

Cadillac is like all GM cars; the bottom of the barrel. Lincoln is a Ford make. Not too great, but much better and reliable than anything that spews out of Government Motors.

Infiniti and Acura have never had to improve. They're as close to automotive perfection as you can get. Each is an excellent value, along with Lexus. You cannot go wrong with a new one or old one.

Mercedes Benz has gone down the tubes in recent years. They used to be among the best, but not anymore!
I see someone drives a Nissan, Toyota or Honda. A little hostile towards GM and Ford I'd say. Especially to say Cadillac is the bottom of the barrel along with Lincoln, what a ridiculous statement.

Wake up, it isn't 1986.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:44 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,789 times
Quote:

Jaguar still sells little volume. They better step it up with sales. The cars drive great.

Caddy>Infiniti and Acura. Sorry to burst your bubble. I'd take a CTS over any Inifniit or Acura anyday. Acura doesn't offer most of what Caddy offers.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:43 PM

5,641 posts, read 24,944,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
Especially to say Cadillac is the bottom of the barrel along with Lincoln, what a ridiculous statement.
Go out and do some back to back drives and then a real value analysis.

We drove a CTS and STS the same day we bought a Sonata... still liked it best. A Jag or a MB feels like luxury, the Caddy really doesn't.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:40 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,691,909 times
Quote:

Oh please, I can see if you don't agree with the politics of an organization or even care for the looks of their vehicles but GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE. Come on, it's an utterly ridiculous comment to say that Cadillac is the "bottom of the barrel" and that Lincoln is actually better than Caddy. Lincoln rebadges all of their vehicles from Ford, they aren't unique in one respect. The only rebadged Cadillac is the Escalade and even it differs quite a bit from a Tahoe.

I don't care for plenty of brands, ones I would NEVER purchase but I'll still give them credit if the deserve it. Cadillac has come a LONG ways since the 1990's and early 2000's and is slowly regaining the luxury it once stood for. I still say Cadillac needs a few years to really become a true competitor in the luxury vehicle segment but I firmly believe it will happen if it continues on the current path.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:17 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,224,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
Go out and do some back to back drives and then a real value analysis.

We drove a CTS and STS the same day we bought a Sonata... still liked it best. A Jag or a MB feels like luxury, the Caddy really doesn't.
I drove a 2011 CTS-V Sedan at the St. Louis Auto show and the wife drove CTS-V Coupe. I was a cramped as hell but both cars greatly impressed us. They took you down a straight flat industrial road before having you go back to the convention center and those cars flat out move.

I've driven both a TL and RL and liked them both. No doubt Acura makes a nice car.

Only Infiniti I've driven is the last generation QX56 and while it was ok, I think Infiniti's are ugly.

Dad's Mom drives a GS350, I've never driven it but she seems to like it.

Never driven a Lincoln but my best friend has a 09 Navigator and he loves it.

I still like Cadillac the best. I'm not a real big car buyer and I'm not shelling out $70,000+ for an Escalade so I doubt I'll be buying one any time soon. Maybe when I retire.

If you liked a Sonata better then an STS or CTS, I don't really know what to say to you. Must not take much to turn your crank I guess.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:54 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Call me an old fuddy duddy but, my vote is for the NEW and MUCH improved Volvo S80!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:00 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,226,019 times
Sonata over a Cadillac? Well now...I've just about heard everything now. Comical.

1 more vote for Cadillac--job well done.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:22 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,691,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
I would like to see Caddy become a true global luxury icon. Germany has Audi, BMW, Benz, Japan has Lexus. Why can't Americans have Caddy? They need to build a big V-12 flagship and some hybrids. They need to figure out how to make the XLR sell. The CTS and CTS-V is great but that is just one car lineup, the CTS. Its sad when Caddy is known more for the Escalade, rap videos and bling culture than anything.

The team that did the CTS needs to do every car in the lineup. They really improved the CTS from the ****ty Catera Opel rebadge to the first gen CTS to the current one.
I think it will eventually happen (probably no V12 though). Slowly but surely, Cadillac is becoming the luxury brand it used to be.

2002 is really when Cadillac realized it could no longer focus solely on the retiree market as the consumers and came out with the redesigned Escalade (1999 doesn't count as a true entry into the market). Basically:

2002- Escalade
2003- CTS
2004- CTS-V, SRX & XLR
2005- STS & STS-V
2006- DTS (to appease the retiree market)

These years Cadillac tested the market, saw what worked and what didn't. Learned from their mistakes. Now Cadillac is starting to really take shots at mainstream luxury automakers with the 2007 Escalade, 2008 CTS, and 2010 SRX. These vehicles are LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than the vehicles they replace and consumers are taking notice. 2012-2014 When Cadillac redesigns the Escalade and CTS and comes out with the ATS and XTS, the market will become quite a bit closer in my opinion. Cadillac may very well rise back to the ranks of being equal to Mercedes/Lexus/BMW (big 3 luxury brands).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive