Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is sexier?
A Manual Transmission 36 85.71%
An Automatic Transmission 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 01:33 PM

2,030 posts, read 4,523,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans&Cornbread View Post
So let me understand here...You're asking what's sexier - (1) a woman who likes to grab the knob and work the stick vs. (2) one that likes to just sit back and let "the car" do all the work?

Answer seems pretty obvious to me...

Too funny!!!

I drove a manual and, sadly, it didn't make me any more sexy. However, it apparently made me more interesting. A few people were impressed that I (a mere woman) drove a manual and that I never stalled out or rolled downhill from a stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 01:41 PM

378 posts, read 574,465 times
I just picture a guy using big bucks on a Vette to impress the ladies; what the ladies don't know is he doesn't know how to use his stick.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:16 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,776,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Sexier is a convertible

Jonathan
My wife is damn sexy driving my manual trans GT with the top down and her hair blowing

Old 04-08-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
My wife is damn sexy driving my manual trans GT with the top down and her hair blowing

Which top?

Old 04-14-2011, 12:17 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,046,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedskjaer View Post
I brought this question up in a ManvAut thread Moderator cut: Discussing moderation. DM a moderator if there is a question, please. Manuals do have a Freudian quality to them and people have used them for something other than shifting gears.

So what's sexier? A Manual transmission car or an Automatic?
definitely a manual transmission, for some reason I think it adds a lot of sexiness to the car and it has more personality to the vehicle than the automatics do, I wish the manuals are more common in the US like they were 10-30 years ago

For some reason I really like seeing a woman drive a stick shift.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:05 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,776,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedskjaer View Post
Which top?

Old 04-14-2011, 07:37 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,494,898 times
I don't understand the transmission pimps who try to sell off how superior they are with a manual. I have a manual as well as automatics and I don't feel like some Thor being in the manual. Yeah manuals are rarer and more likely for an enthusiast but the market has moved to autos. F1 is no longer manuals but autos and its still fun to watch. Ferrari no longer will make manuals (surely Enzo is like what the heck).

To top it off, you can have manuals in crappy cars and well that isn't sexy. Just b/c a car has a manual doesn't make it cool or great. Then manuals can differ greatly. Since Hondas have no power or torque their shifters are silky smooth and require hardly any force and are great manuals. On the other hand shifting a Dodge Viper requires the hand of Zeus b/c it has so much power.

In the Bond movie "Quantum" he had the already sexy DBS and I was shocked he had the manual in the race scene at the beginning. It added to his character of the car and to himself and made it seem sexier. I see nothing sexy of a manual in a Kia or a Corolla or a Civic.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 AM

374 posts, read 754,630 times
I've been driving with a manual transmission since 1987. I just think it's a better driving experience. Nothing sexy about it, and I certainly do not drive an expensive sports car. They are better on gas, if used properly and the car, when new, is less expensive without an automatic transmission. They are less common because most people don't want to learn how to use one.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:01 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,163,442 times
'Nuff said.

She needs glasses Video

Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 AM

Overwhelmingly, people think manual transmissions are sexy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive