Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:06 PM

806 posts, read 2,334,409 times

Advertisements

NO!!! Don't KILL the Freebird.....!!!

Then what, Sweet Home Alabama...geesh..
yee haw, let's go muddin!!!!

Forget the bass, what about those annoying cars, with those stupid fat exhaust tips that sound like they're burning up their little old Honda Civic!!! I can't properly spell out it's sound- breeeeee,uh, eeeeeehhhhh, uh, eeeehhhhh ug errrrrrrrr.....
New thread!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 11:08 PM

806 posts, read 2,334,409 times
Oh, I will be taking that license plate # of the boom boom parents in front of the elementary school!!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:37 PM

23,099 posts, read 28,825,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAILANI View Post
Oh, I will be taking that license plate # of the boom boom parents in front of the elementary school!!
Some time ago, on NoiseFree.org, in Florida, a woman sued a young man who kept driving thru her neighborhood with a loud, thumping boom car. She had warned him, to no avail.

Thus, the lawsuit!

Attorney's are suffering during this economic downturn, let them turn their attention to noise lawsuits.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:55 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,214,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Some time ago, on NoiseFree.org, in Florida, a woman sued a young man who kept driving thru her neighborhood with a loud, thumping boom car. She had warned him, to no avail.

Thus, the lawsuit!

Attorney's are suffering during this economic downturn, let them turn their attention to noise lawsuits.
If this is the case you are referring to, what an encouraging resolution to set a precedent against noise thugs everywhere!

18-year old Ryan Jennings learned a valuable lesson in respecting the rights of others. Using his boom car to blast music at all hours in St. Petersburg, Florida, a neighbor took action against him that got results. Judy Ellis, a member of the neighborhood crime patrol, advised him that he was playing music too loud and that it was against the law.

His response was, "What do you want me to do, lady? Cry you a river?"

That was when Judy took the extraordinary action of filing a civil lawsuit against him. Within a week, the story was picked up in the St. Petersburg Times and on television news. By taking legal action against individuals who persist in denying the rights of others to peace and quiet in their own homes, she set a precedent and gave hope to everyone suffering from this abuse.

Within days, Ryan Jennings met with Judy Ellis and submitted a letter of apology, and he dismantled his boom car equipment. Other boomers in the area are getting the message that booming is not only wrong, but illegal. As a citizens coalition, we are getting results.

NoiseOFF - The Coalition Against Noise Pollution - Florida (http://www.noiseoff.org/florida.php - broken link)

Old 04-27-2011, 03:37 AM

23,099 posts, read 28,825,029 times
Thanks so much for the confirmation article.

I tried to rep you, but I must have repped you earlier today.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:11 AM

568 posts, read 2,409,970 times
I was the oddball in my group of car guy friends who wasn't into loud, booming stereos when I was a teen. If you're at a stereo competition, fine. It's cool then. But there's no reason to make everyone on the street listen to your music. I had one friend that always wanted to blare his stereo when we were riding around. I'd say something random and very quiet to make him turn it down to hear what I said.

You can have sound quality without having so much quantity.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,042,146 times
You may not be able to get him to turn down the volume on his stereo but if he's on a cell phone he may turn the volume down to wonder why his cell phone isnt working.
Cell Phone Jammer Kit Cell Phone Signal Blocker GPS Jammer Blocker - ESPOW

Old 04-27-2011, 05:39 AM

7,998 posts, read 10,559,191 times
I enjoy listening to it at the gas station, when the driver is inside and has left their radio booming "for my listening pleasure." Hey, we've all heard those words before buddy, you're not shocking (or impressing) anyone.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:43 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,099,520 times
I find it no more annoying than those stupid noisy Harleys.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:29 AM

859 posts, read 2,819,673 times
I'm thankful to live in a neighborhood with cops that don't put up with that stuff. They actually enforce noise violations. Same goes for the obnoxiously loud Bikes as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive