Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 06:04 PM

152 posts, read 476,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
LOL...my first car was a 1985 dodge ram pick up (or maybe an '87, can't remember). It was white and I had pink girly stripes going down the sides (what was I thinking?!?!). My parents gave me $1000 toward a car for my graduation from HS/18th b-day and I had to put the rest in (a whopping $1600). It was a lemon.

The car I was supposed to have, my dream car, was a '68 camaro...never happened.
I hear ya.....my first car was supposed to be a Trans Am GTA, white with the gold package, LOL. My father put an to that dream quickly and I ended up with a 1986 Buick Regal Ltd. wooooooohoooooooooo. The only good/or bad, depends on how you look at it, was that my car had enough room to hold 6 passengers, so guess who was the designated driver? Lucky me.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2006, 09:25 AM

617 posts, read 2,821,461 times
A 1977 Chevy Camaro. I bought it for $625! It was black, with black interior, everyone called it "The Batmobile." I bought it in southern cali, but I ended up having to sell shortly after I moved to Utah. It just wasn't cutting it in the snow, I needed a front wheel drive car. I was so sad to see it go, if I could have kept it as a toy, I would have, but I was a poor student, I needed to get a downpayment for a newer car. I met my husband a few years later, and he is a car maniac!!! He actually almost cried when I told him that I sold that Camaro... he said that if I still had it, he would have payed to have it shipped over to England when we moved here!

Old 09-03-2006, 09:30 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,742,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanenlori View Post
My first car was a YUGO. Remember those???? I ran that thing into the ground.
That wouldn't be a long drive.

Old 09-03-2006, 10:37 AM

421 posts, read 468,832 times
Default Car

1968 brandy new Camaro...SS...fully loaded.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:33 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Default Yugo Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanenlori View Post
My first car was a YUGO. Remember those????
If I am not mistaken, didn't the US "accidentally" bomb the Yugo car factory when they were in Kosovo?

Old 09-03-2006, 06:58 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,691,909 times
Quote:
1968 brandy new Camaro...SS...fully loaded.
If it isn't a Yenko or Baldwin-Motion; I could care less! What engine did it have?

Old 09-04-2006, 10:23 AM

421 posts, read 468,832 times
Default check this out!

Here's what i want!!
http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...cle_1647.shtml

Old 09-04-2006, 12:01 PM

741 posts, read 3,509,857 times
My first car was a 1971 Chevy Camaro, It had this B and M slap stick in it that I thought was cool. It wasn't. I always had a hard time getting it in gear. I ended up totalling that car on may way to school senior year in HS.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:06 PM

8 posts, read 73,151 times
Default VW Bus

My first car was a VW bus with a home paint job, medium green. My most memorable moment: My new husband and I drove it from San Jose to Seattle. We were at a stop light in Lynnwood when the rain started. We turned on the wipers and nothing happened. The light turned green and we proceeded across the intersection. Suddenly we hear a siren and we look for the 'poor ******* that got pulled over'. We didn't see anything, then the cop goes on his bullhorn from across the street, "You in the green van, pull to the side of the road!" We comply post haste. The cop does a u-turn at the intersection and pulls behind us. What did we do officer? His answer, "When it started raining and everyone turned on their wipers except you, I knew yours were busted." He didn't cut us any slack and wrote us a fix it ticket. Welcome to Washington!

Old 09-16-2006, 05:04 PM

96 posts, read 457,753 times
Default Am I really this old???? First car 1947 Studebaker

Okay you guys and gals, let this antique tell you what my first car was like. In 1956 I was able to purchase my first car for $50.00!

It ran pretty well but would not come home. I could go anywhere with it (mostly to work), but the darn thing wouldn't start once I was ready to come home. Long story short (and after much trouble shooting), it got traded for a 47 Chevy which was constantly being wired together or taped up so it would make it back and forth to work.....I am so blessed to have survived those days. I really appreciate my cars now. I have been a Honda owner since 1985, and have never had to wire or tape anything on them to get them home And they cost considerably more but are worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive