Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,836 times

Advertisements

If you truck have a lean on it through title it don't work and haven't pick it up b two years can you sell it if your landlord say move it and you cant and cant get it fix neither
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,350 times
I'm buying a car and the title says lien but the seller said it has been more then 10 years so I don't need the release form she says I'll be OK with proof of purchase is this true?

Old 06-23-2015, 09:20 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael Torres angel View Post
I'm buying a car and the title says lien but the seller said it has been more then 10 years so I don't need the release form she says I'll be OK with proof of purchase is this true?
I had a situation where I had paid off a car, but the bank never sent a release of lien for my title. However, I was sure that the title did get sent to me anyway, but I had lost the title. This was around 2004 I think it was. Anyway, I never gave it a second thought until I tried to sell the car in 2010, had to go to the DMV to get a copy of the title, and they said they could not release the title to me because it still had a lien on it. Long story short, it was handled, but weird situation.

I think what the seller is saying that a Bill of Sale should be good enough to get the car registered temporarily. However, they still need to make sure there is no lien on the title, otherwise, you'll not be able to have the title to the car. While my situation wasn't 10 years, I still needed the bank to write the letter to release the lien before I could sell the car.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:19 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
If you are a member of AAA they can take care of that for you smoothly. Otherwise I would only do it by taking your payment to the lienholder and getting them to agree to send you the signed off title. Too many chances for fraud. You cannot insure it until it's registered in your name. Talk to your insurance agent.
Not necessarily. In some states AAA has nothing to do with the DMV! Here in Montana, you WILL go to the DMV office in the County Courthouse for all registration, title work, and transfers of ownership. AAA can do nothing to help you.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:43 AM

2 posts, read 5,130 times
my son was in an accident in my car he was not a registered driver also i only had minimal insurance. the car now has a wreak lien against it and i can not renew my registration which is now over due. They want 1,400 for lot fees for holding the car. I was hospitalized on an unrelated issue and this also happened over a year ago. I have absolutely no money and receive social security disability. 745 a month.. so you can imagine i can not come up with this amount.. i am 62 years old and i need transportation to work two days a week as a hospice cna. How can i deal with this...as far as my son he is in recovery for drugs. I have no excess to funds at all.. is there any charities or a way out of this where i dont wind up in jail.. crying alot please advise
can i sell the car to someone else

Old 02-01-2016, 09:45 AM

2 posts, read 5,130 times
(heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp) help please

Old 02-05-2016, 08:53 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattutat View Post
my son was in an accident in my car he was not a registered driver also i only had minimal insurance. the car now has a wreak lien against it and i can not renew my registration which is now over due. They want 1,400 for lot fees for holding the car. I was hospitalized on an unrelated issue and this also happened over a year ago. I have absolutely no money and receive social security disability. 745 a month.. so you can imagine i can not come up with this amount.. i am 62 years old and i need transportation to work two days a week as a hospice cna. How can i deal with this...as far as my son he is in recovery for drugs. I have no excess to funds at all.. is there any charities or a way out of this where i dont wind up in jail.. crying alot please advise
can i sell the car to someone else
I don' see how you would end up in jail, unless there is something you haven't told us. Can a co-worker give you a ride? Are you in a large city? Maybe if we knew that, someone might know where you can get help.

Old 02-07-2016, 04:17 AM

114 posts, read 266,192 times
Lien and lienholder issues are state-specific. Eleven states give the title to the customer--even if there is a lien on the vehicle. In the other ones, the lienholder has the title. In many cases, there IS no physical title--the lien is held electronically, and once the lienholder sends a release electronically to that state's DMV, the title is released, printed, and mailed to the owner (or in some states, can be picked up by the owner).

As to mattutat's post--sorry, but if it's impounded, it is unlikely you can sell the vehicle. Not sure what a "wreck lien" is; I'm unfamiliar with that term. If you physically have the title, you might be able to work something out with the lot that has your vehicle.

If this happened over a year ago, contact the lot. They probably want the car gone. Maybe you guys can work something out. Having said that, the car having sat for a year plus may be nothing more than scrap anyway, depending on the damage.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:40 PM

902 posts, read 1,104,942 times
I sold a car on Craigslist that had a Lien with Bank of America

No big deal

me and the buyer walked into the nearest B of A branch location, the buyer paid off the lien and gave me the remaining money

they mailed him the title 5 days later....... very smooth and easy

Old 03-23-2016, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,364 times
Hello I really need so help.I am buying a SUV from someone I trust.I have ran the Vin thru the tax and title place.which came back that it has a lien on it,there's no title.can I file for a bond title on it.I was told yes and no.I DONT want noone messing over me.can somebody help me on how the process works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive