Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 08:23 AM

55 posts, read 251,329 times

Advertisements

In the case of an Integra I would not go with KBB, NADA, etc as that car is popular and usually demands more then the estimated value. For a better maintained/more accurate priced Integra search the car forums and maybe join one or two asking for people to post stockish well maintained cars . Look at Integra, RSX, Honda, or Acura car forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 08:53 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonny9 View Post
In the case of an Integra I would not go with KBB, NADA, etc as that car is popular and usually demands more then the estimated value. For a better maintained/more accurate priced Integra search the car forums and maybe join one or two asking for people to post stockish well maintained cars . Look at Integra, RSX, Honda, or Acura car forums
Just for kicks I just went on line and the only one I could find 1995 Integra LS was one in Mass. with 150,000 miles for $3,999.00. But still I would rather have yours after it was repaired. Found another one in Riverside, CA. Dealer Asking $4800. has 190,000 mi a LS clean, well maintained. Sounds like the Ins.co will really have a problem defending their low balled offer in a court of law.

Last edited by Fighter 1; 08-05-2011 at 09:03 AM..

Old 08-05-2011, 07:31 PM

74 posts, read 614,986 times
I am interested in knowing how your neighbor who caused the accident is responding? I mean, does she seem sorry over having caused the accident, is she upset that you are telling her you might be suing her? Is she in a position of paying to get your car fixed? I know the last may seem a long shot, and most people would say that is what insurance is for, but I have some friends and neighbors that if I was in the same position with, I would try to do what I could to put them back whole like they were before the accident, if not entirely, then in conjunction with the insurance company.

Now if she seemed indifferent to the whole matter and the upset she has caused you, I'd say give it to her good!

Mr. Bill

Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,182,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonny9 View Post
Look at Integra, RSX, Honda, or Acura car forums
Yeah I sent a HUGE list of cars from various sites and some correspondence from local dealers which all ended in "we can't find one, but they are out there for $4-5k" Before I had this teg, I had a 2002 RSX-S (which replaced my S2000 which I sold to buy my house lol), which got repossessed when facing financial trouble last year. Actually only ended up loosing $500 on the RSX-S, I skated there IMO seeing it was still financed when it went to auction. I like Honda if ya can't tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantiguy View Post
I am interested in knowing how your neighbor who caused the accident is responding? I mean, does she seem sorry over having caused the accident, is she upset that you are telling her you might be suing her? Is she in a position of paying to get your car fixed? I know the last may seem a long shot, and most people would say that is what insurance is for, but I have some friends and neighbors that if I was in the same position with, I would try to do what I could to put them back whole like they were before the accident, if not entirely, then in conjunction with the insurance company.

Now if she seemed indifferent to the whole matter and the upset she has caused you, I'd say give it to her good!

Mr. Bill
She was (literally) on her way home from court for being cited for an accident from 2 weeks previous. Her husband just left her, the kids, and a mortgage payment that she is not able to consistently make and is facing foreclosure. She absolutely came unglued before my eyes after hitting me, shaking so badly she could barely (ended up collapsed on the curb) manage to stand up. Insanely apologetic, promising me her insurance will 'take care of it' and fix my car. She was so shaken, I elected not to call the cops and file a report, I felt bad for her (hard times myself recently) so we called Progressive first. However....

After going down there to talk to her about what progressive is doing, it was pretty obvious that she was coached what to say, and when to shut up. Out of no where she started throwing the same BS price arguments the progressive adjuster gave. It quickly ended with me telling her she is going to leave me little recourse but to demand possession and sue for her personally damages, and then listed the reasons why there is zero chance she will win. I turned and walked away while she started breaking down again, which I could hear behind me; Honestly guys, I felt kind of like a d*ck, but wtf, this entire thing has really messed up my immediate future.

I was looking at a possible cross country camping trip starting the 12th (long time planed, I have the $$ saved), aint gonna happen. I finally landed a solidified job offer 30min away today (looong term unemployed, just barely escaped foreclosure myself a few months ago), and well, I gotta get wheels under me asap. Oh, my grandpa just died, so I got funeral and family stuff pretty much all of Mon / Tues. Uggggh... But ....

I just got an email (late today), they are offering me $3.5k for the car, I'm living off my cashed out 401k atm, I'm likely going to take the offer, scrap for a car and go land that ef'n job. I'm a pretty firm believer in karma, and I don't want to rack up a bunch of negative vibes going into this 90% interview.

I can't thank those enough that chimed in with information. I would not have coerced this much had I not had the ammunition provided here. There was LOTS of debate back and forth with progressive. Believe me, had I been in just about any other time in my life, I could really 'stick it to the man' here, but atm; The resources while might be there (limited), the timing is absolutely wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Just for kicks I just went on line and the only one I could find 1995 Integra LS was one in Mass. with 150,000 miles for $3,999.00. But still I would rather have yours after it was repaired. Found another one in Riverside, CA. Dealer Asking $4800. has 190,000 mi a LS clean, well maintained. Sounds like the Ins.co will really have a problem defending their low balled offer in a court of law.
Yeah, they are one of those cars that don't completely bottom out in that sub $3k category (given condition) and long as they are not wrecked, tend to last. Cheers to me finding a gem in 7 days; Pretty sure I can beat -$500 on one of those cherry 4k tegs I'll buy a bus ticket to drive it home if needed

Last edited by Jabronie; 08-05-2011 at 10:11 PM..

Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Yeah I sent a HUGE list of cars from various sites and some correspondence from local dealers which all ended in "we can't find one, but they are out there for $4-5k" Before I had this teg, I had a 2002 RSX-S (which replaced my S2000 which I sold to buy my house lol), which got repossessed when facing financial trouble last year. Actually only ended up loosing $500 on the RSX-S, I skated there IMO seeing it was still financed when it went to auction. I like Honda if ya can't tell

She was (literally) on her way home from court for being cited for an accident from 2 weeks previous. Her husband just left her, the kids, and a mortgage payment that she is not able to consistently make and is facing foreclosure. She absolutely came unglued before my eyes after hitting me, shaking so badly she could barely (ended up collapsed on the curb) manage to stand up. Insanely apologetic, promising me her insurance will 'take care of it' and fix my car. She was so shaken, I elected not to call the cops and file a report, I felt bad for her (hard times myself recently) so we called Progressive first. However....

After going down there to talk to her about what progressive is doing, it was pretty obvious that she was coached what to say, and when to shut up. Out of no where she started throwing the same BS price arguments the progressive adjuster gave. It quickly ended with me telling her she is going to leave me little recourse but to demand possession and sue for her personally damages, and then listed the reasons why there is zero chance she will win. I turned and walked away while she started breaking down again, which I could hear behind me; Honestly guys, I felt kind of like a d*ck, but wtf, this entire thing has really messed up my immediate future.

I was looking at a possible cross country camping trip starting the 12th (long time planed, I have the $$ saved), aint gonna happen. I finally landed a solidified job offer 30min away today (looong term unemployed, just barely escaped foreclosure myself a few months ago), and well, I gotta get wheels under me asap. Oh, my grandpa just died, so I got funeral and family stuff pretty much all of Mon / Tues. Uggggh... But ....

I just got an email (late today), they are offering me $3.5k for the car, I'm living off my cashed out 401k atm, I'm likely going to take the offer, scrap for a car and go land that ef'n job. I'm a pretty firm believer in karma, and I don't want to rack up a bunch of negative vibes going into this 90% interview.

I can't thank those enough that chimed in with information. I would not have coerced this much had I not had the ammunition provided here. There was LOTS of debate back and forth with progressive. Believe me, had I been in just about any other time in my life, I could really 'stick it to the man' here, but atm; The resources while might be there (limited), the timing is absolutely wrong.

Cheers to me finding a gem in 7 days; Pretty sure I can beat -$500 on one of those cherry 4k tegs
Question ,, Are they going to pay the sales tax and registration on the replacement car? Like I said that is their responsible for that also. Too bad you don't want to fight . Have you filed the police report? and They still have that nice one out here in California. Anyway good luck>

Old 08-05-2011, 10:28 PM

74 posts, read 614,986 times
If this makes you feel better, I don't think you are being unnecessarily ugly about the matter. You happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and due to the negligence of someone else, have suffered for it.

Sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself. I hope this all works out for you. I have had cars in the past that I would have hated to see this happen to.

Mr. Bill

Old 08-05-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Question ,, Are they going to pay the sales tax and registration on the replacement car? Like I said that is their responsible for that also. Too bad you don't want to fight . Have you filed the police report? and They still have that nice one out here in California. Anyway good luck>
Here is the 'official' last correspondence

"The offer on your vehicle is revised. $ 3466.88 is the final offer on
your vehicle Please call me on Monday . The rental is due back at close
of business Monday. I have notified Enterprise of last day of rental.

Adjuster Name
Phone
Fax"

Never a greeting, or a sign off. No banners, no clickies, no links just like other emails but about 3x longer. This is printed proof of the threat of rental removal. Never saw one list of 'comparables' from them, even though requested - she kept speaking of ones she found for 2.3k in 'their' data base; I told her I can play outliers all day if they want. I only get emails, if I ignore phone calls, I'm guessing so they can pick / choose what to present in court. Least This One Did Not Have Too Many Unwarranted Capitol Letters And Had Sentence Structure That Works For The Most Part. Never got any .pdf of any repair appraisals even if 'obvious total write off' I could not get ANY documents sent electronically.

When I call Monday morning, I'm going to get her to say X price for the car, then say ok so X for the just car? Then mention them paying tax and registration on my replacement - this will be a determining factor if I choose to go WWIII on this or not. Trust me man, I want to take this to court, I wish you knew me IRL; I'm a HUGE principles guy, and this IS killing me a little inside. But I've spent nights in my car because I had no home recently, if I have to swallow my pride here, concede a little to move forward - ah damn does it make me twinge; Selling this to myself as loosing the battle, winning the war. I mean I'm about to the point where if I take her to court and one more thing throws **** into the fan, I might be ****ed. I can't give you any more rep atm, but seriously, you have enlightened me on this process a LOT; And it will start down a different road next time (hopefully never) it happens from the get go. The fact I have a killer bend them over and stick it in case, makes it all the harder to pass up; But man, we talking about jumping over the hurdle and just getting the **** on with my life. I've had a really, really, really ****ty last 3 years.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantiguy View Post
If this makes you feel better, I don't think you are being unnecessarily ugly about the matter. You happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and due to the negligence of someone else, have suffered for it.

Sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself. I hope this all works out for you. I have had cars in the past that I would have hated to see this happen to.

Mr. Bill
Hopefully some ricer buys this LS motor and slaps a giant turbo on it and rages about bullet proof it is from some salvage car.

I stood up for myself (and morals) when I was terminated for unjust causes (as declared by the state of Ohio, thank you employment at will for sticking it deep) but seeing the conditions of my 'severance' package was utter BS (strings attached I won't get into here), I looked at a rather large sum of money, about a years salary, and told them to shove it strait up their ass, all of them. That's standing up for one's self.

Like I said, get a car to get by, so I can get to this interview and guarantee I can show up - put this **** behind me. War > Battle. I want to fight, but this is not the time given I got a golden job before me baring I can get there.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Hopefully some ricer buys this LS motor and slaps a giant turbo on it and rages about bullet proof it is from some salvage car.

I stood up for myself (and morals) when I was terminated for unjust causes (as declared by the state of Ohio, thank you employment at will for sticking it deep) but seeing the conditions of my 'severance' package was utter BS (strings attached I won't get into here), I looked at a rather large sum of money, about a years salary, and told them to shove it strait up their ass, all of them. That's standing up for one's self.

Like I said, get a car to get by, so I can get to this interview and guarantee I can show up - put this **** behind me. War > Battle. I want to fight, but this is not the time given I got a golden job before me baring I can get there.
OK so how did you finally make out? What did you get for a car? Let us know.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
OK so how did you finally make out? What did you get for a car? Let us know.
Got the 3.5k for the write off. Drove home this afternoon a Black '99 Civic SI (saw winter last year for the first time, even the under-body is mostly clean) with 90k miles, some small cosmetic stuff like a couple door dings, drives nice, suspension felt great, cost me $1k out of pocket - not too bad. I'm pretty happy, I had one of these brand new back in '99 - twas my first Honda. Come full circle after an RSX-S, S2000, Integra, back to the good ol lil SI

Has a DC header, which I don't like, sounds overly tin like and hallow - I have the stock in the trunk which I'll put back on.

Here is the story behind me buying this car over the last 24 hours; Been interesting. Thanks again all for the advice

Camping trip coming up, Interview set for the 24th, I'm in a much better place then I was 10 days ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive