U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:20 PM

48,507 posts, read 90,789,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
That is what I'm wondering.

I guess this used dealer was selling this vehicle like consignment? Basically selling the vehicle for the owner instead of the dealership? If so this could become messy for sure.
Have DMV run the VIN number and contact the owner and any lean holder listed. It also poosible he took it on trade with a payofff and then never paid the payoff and can't get clear title.That wouold be fraud as he never had legal right to sell the car without clear title.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 6,499 times
Default dishonest person sales car

What are you going to do now?He is a dishonest person obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrworld View Post
Husband bought a used car with a check that cleared about two months ago. The dealer registered it for him and said we will get a title within a couple of weeks.
A week ago we started calling him about the title. He first kept saying that the previous owner is sending it, but now refuses to answer the phone. Last time I talked to him he said he was working on it and to not call him back again. He avoids our phone calls because he has a caller ID, and literally hides when we go to the dealership.
My question is, what is the best way to get our title? I have a feeling he is a dishonest person and doesn't plan to give us a title at all. Where do I complain? Husband said it is a really big crime.
We live in Florida.
Thank you.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:30 PM

9,302 posts, read 18,983,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishersofwomen View Post
I bought a car and signed the title now the dealers saying I never signed it. He is lying ofcourse I did.
now he is saying he has the title and owns the car and he will not give it too me.
what should I do?
Did he register the car in your name? Do you have a bill of sale, cancelled check, or any other documentation showing you paid for the car?

If so, stop screwing with the dealer and go to whoever handles vehicle transactions in your state and explain the situation to them.

If not, you may very well be screwed.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 PM

7,305 posts, read 25,838,189 times
Call your lawyers... they should be able to straighten it out easily.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 PM

16,140 posts, read 22,685,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrworld View Post
Husband bought a used car with a check that cleared about two months ago. The dealer registered it for him and said we will get a title within a couple of weeks.
A week ago we started calling him about the title. He first kept saying that the previous owner is sending it, but now refuses to answer the phone. Last time I talked to him he said he was working on it and to not call him back again. He avoids our phone calls because he has a caller ID, and literally hides when we go to the dealership.
My question is, what is the best way to get our title? I have a feeling he is a dishonest person and doesn't plan to give us a title at all. Where do I complain? Husband said it is a really big crime.
We live in Florida.
Thank you.
You can do a few things. Talk to an attorney, get a free consult. Ask how best to approach this. Or: Call your State's Better Business Bureau, ask for Consumer Fraud and Protection, and talk to someone there, explain everything you've mentioned here, including his dodging you. Then file a report w/ them, sometimes it is online...
or Take your purchase receipt down to motor vehicles and tell them what he has done, again explaining everything. Sounds fishy.
My son bought a used car this fall. He received his title through the dealership w/in just a couple weeks.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 6,089 times
i just bought a used car from a dealer paid for it did the paper work title was sent out an on its way to my house can i resell the vehicle with out registrating it?

Old 05-10-2013, 08:18 AM

2,341 posts, read 10,735,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silky305 View Post
i just bought a used car from a dealer paid for it did the paper work title was sent out an on its way to my house can i resell the vehicle with out registrating it?
You've got 30 days, and you better hope the buyer is willing to join you in being shady.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:17 PM

4 posts, read 16,069 times
I bought a car on eBay from a dealer. I paid in full. He told me it was a Florida law for him to collect for tag, title & sales tax. The dealer is no longer with eBay, his private email is no longer in service, his phone is no longer in service, my temp. tag is no longer any good, I am getting no response from anyone. He is not at the location I pick up and paid for the vehicle. I recently did a search on the dealer to find out there is a lot of fraud and other business names he goes by. E Bay has not replied back or the better busy bureau. Not sure what to do now. This car was advertized with a clear title.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:28 PM

I just bought a car from a dealer and was told that it is a state law that he has to collect for the title transfer, impact fees, tags, tax and just gives a written receipt.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:33 PM

The dealer by Florida law handles everything. A private person selling a car would do as you say. I maybe wrong, but they was explain it to me this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive