Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:36 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileDave View Post
This drives me crazy!!

I then get behind you and you go back to your original speed--which was slower than mine!!

Why people?
Well in NC seeing a blinker on a car is an anomaly. You might be confusing the driver ahead. They probably think you are the highway patrol and they are slowing so as to not get a ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 10:18 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Easy, because most people on the road are a$$holes!

Old 08-09-2011, 10:19 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Maybe it's because I watched you coming up in the left lane just so you could get in front of me. Doesn't matter the road was open behind me and you could have gotten over anytime. No, you just had to get in front of me just so you could take the next exit.

See it happen all the time.

Why?
That's exactly what I wanted to say.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:24 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Hm.

If everyone wasn't tailgating, this wouldn't even be an issue.

I guess that is why I seldom have this problem...if someone blinks and moves over in front of me, they have ample room to do so.

I haven't run into too many situations in which people didn't let me in if I tried to move, either. But I don't try to squeeze myself between two cars that are too close together. I'll wait till a bigger gap opens up. All you need is to change lanes and then have the car in front slam on its brakes.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:02 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Maybe it's because I watched you coming up in the left lane just so you could get in front of me. Doesn't matter the road was open behind me and you could have gotten over anytime. No, you just had to get in front of me just so you could take the next exit.

See it happen all the time.

Why?
Ditto. See it way too often, come up from behind, pass me, then slam on the brakes and slide over to take the exit, when there was more than enough room to get over when they were still behind me. Especially hat it when I'm in the truck pulling a trailer and I have to slam the brakes to let them make that maneuver and lose all my momentum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive