Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:23 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by family first View Post
Sunsprit, as already mentined I had a subie and did not mention power as an issue. The highlander sits taller for easier access. I did not mention clearance as an issue. If the snow is that deep, than I won't be driving! Where is Vail? The Rockies????
No, but you seem to be conflicted in your posts between requiring fuel economy but then declaring that you need a V-6 powered vehicle because you drive in mountainous terrain.

If the Subie was adequate HP for your needs previously, what is the rationale for needing a vehicle with so much more HP now? That comes at the expense of lowered fuel economy, and you've stressed that you're a rep and put a lot of miles on a vehicle each year.

Vail is a little ski town 100 miles West of Denver. If you are a skier, you may have heard of it .... The Rocky Mountains are the ranges of the continental divide that stretch from New Mexico through Wyoming. Colorado is home to a bunch of 14,000' peaks in that range and there's the highest highways in the Continental USA that go through these mountains, along with a number of prominent mountain passes with grades that last for quite a few miles. Of course, with the derating for altitude, adequate HP is a concern .... something that you won't find an issue with in your area.

Last edited by sunsprit; 10-10-2011 at 10:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 09:06 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I felt the same way when I sat in one. Its not that the vehicle is low to the ground it just felt like you were having to sit into a sports car and for me was difficult getting out. I don't know if the new version is the same way, gonna have to try one out.
I looked at a 2009 Impreza, and both seats were extremely low and close to the floor, specially the passenger seat. The 2009 Forester base model driver's seat is higher, but the passenger seat is very low.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:34 AM

441 posts, read 1,327,438 times
If you are 6 feet strict, then maybe, but anything above and you won't fit in Japanese cars for long travels. Definitely not Forester or Outback. Or well, you will sit there, but it's horrible for knees and back during long travels. Don't listen to those "I am 6'3' and no problems, those are 5'11 guys or fanbois". Rent one and try to drive them for 3+ hours and report back :)

Old 10-11-2011, 11:38 PM

880 posts, read 1,800,394 times
I was thinking about getting a RAV 4 or CRV for work but the thought of them being some what girlish turned me off but at the same time I saw the newer body style of the Forester (09 and newer) and somehow I view it differently than the other mini suv's. Does anyone think the Forester is less girly than the CRV and Rav 4 or is it just me?

Old 10-12-2011, 12:05 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
I was thinking about getting a RAV 4 or CRV for work but the thought of them being some what girlish turned me off but at the same time I saw the newer body style of the Forester (09 and newer) and somehow I view it differently than the other mini suv's. Does anyone think the Forester is less girly than the CRV and Rav 4 or is it just me?
It's just you. Drive a Rav 4 V6 on the highway, and then report back to us

Old 10-13-2011, 11:15 AM

404 posts, read 904,897 times
sorry to be off topic, but who the hell hasn't heard of vail?

back on topic, get the subaru

Old 10-13-2011, 11:26 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
I always felt that the newer Forester was more girlie than the other 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive